• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Racism Mar Our New Look Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanuuu

Established Member
look, i dont know how it is in your country, but here in the USA (where we have the most political correctness "awareness", as is evidenced by Al Sharpton), anyone that describes an "African-America" as a "black man" is a racist..

That isn't how it is in the UK, no Black people i know find it offensive to be called Black.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
jay-d said:
Sorry but what you say is wrong i have no issue with being called a black man and anyone who does has issues but when combined with an insult such as s**t or c**t then racist undertones are obvious.

no, what i say is NOT wrong.. that is the social climate over here is exactly how i described it..

and another thing your wrong about is the fact that white people just do not see being called "white" as an issue, no matter WHAT word follows it... trust me on that...

jay-d

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
It's private. Nothing to do with us.
well im just wandering as its still in my outbox and not in my sent box , but im not accusing you of anything just stating u know how the boaed works.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
kanuuu said:
look, i dont know how it is in your country, but here in the USA (where we have the most political correctness "awareness", as is evidenced by Al Sharpton), anyone that describes an "African-America" as a "black man" is a racist..

That isn't how it is in the UK, no Black people i know find it offensive to be called Black.

ok, thats cool.. as i dont know British culture since I do not live there, but over here it is apparently much less acceptable to say that.. they are technically known as "African-Americans"... (whether they are African or not)

jay-d

Established Member
USArsenal said:
jay-d said:
Sorry but what you say is wrong i have no issue with being called a black man and anyone who does has issues but when combined with an insult such as s**t or c**t then racist undertones are obvious.

no, what i say is NOT wrong.. that is the social climate over here is exactly how i described it..

and another thing your wrong about is the fact that white people just do not see being called "white" as an issue, no matter WHAT word follows it... trust me on that...
maybe you don't but some do

kanuuu

Established Member
USArsenal said:
kanuuu said:

ok, thats cool.. as i dont know British culture since I do not live there, but over here it is apparently much less acceptable to say that.. they are technically known as "African-Americans"... (whether they are African or not)

What a load of bullshit. (not what you said, the African -American crap)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, unfortunately, Kanuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, thats the way it is over here..

and jay-d, i have never met a white person in my life who had a problem being called white... if there was a nasty word after it, they dont like THAT word, the the white part doesnt bother them since it is, in fact, what they are....

sabret00the

Established Member
kanuuu said:
maniak said:
if i was with a friend walking in the street and we had this conversation:

me - "look at that guy´s shirt!"
my friend - "what guy?"
me - "that black guy across the road"

is this racist?

But the Aragones bloke knows what (in his words) "the black s**t" is called, so there was no need to refer to him by the colour of his skin.
i think that's incredibly stupid he never said it as a description he said it in a bid to motivate (install superiority) lets just understand that.

second if anyone over here said that, they'd be gone.

thirdly theirs no reason for the press to try and get him the sack and for everyone to pick up on it, it only mars the country on a whole and no one wants that.

forthly can we as gonners unite and stop this bollocks, theirs arguments on both sides that are absurd and you're only beating more off the beaten track, this was about the effect it'd have on our attack, even Pires acknowledges it as ****ed up and being there aside Henry we can only assume he's offended, the media are saying Reyes was embarrassed which means he weren't comfy with it either, in plain English everyone things it's wrong

sabret00the

Established Member
USArsenal said:
well, unfortunately, Kanuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, thats the way it is over here..

and jay-d, i have never met a white person in my life who had a problem being called white... if there was a nasty word after it, they dont like THAT word, the the white part doesnt bother them since it is, in fact, what they are....
actually speaking to a few americans i come across via work and via general fraffing about on the net, you'll be shocked to know alot of them aint really down with the whole "African American" thing, it only promotes segregation, a step in the wrong direction of what the likes of MLK tried to acheive but meh. lets stay on topic or not say nothing at all :)

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i moved to the USA from nigeria and frankly i find that african americans are really up-tight about issues of race. its just cos of the history of terrible racism that has marred the history of america. i dont have many of the same sentiments even though i am a black man. i dont mind being called black. i refer to myself as black and have many many white friends. however, even though i am really desenticized about race, i am still deeply enraged and offended at the comments of aragones. these were made in a somewhat public place about a person that from all indications, he shares no personal relationship with. what a ****. i feel he deserves all the bad press he's getting. reyes' responce to the press' questions worries me though. it shows a weakness in his character. most people of integrity would have simply distanced themselves from the comments without disrespecting the coach but reyes kissed aragones' ass. its worrying. pires seems really pissed about this and thats a really good thing. ron atkinson lost his job over a similar thing and i feel it should be the same case here with aragones.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i have another question about this Political correctness rubish. what am I supposed to be refered to?? i am black but certainly not american (thank God for that). i am not african american. but i guess since i am straight out of Africa, its okay for me to be refered to as black. there is a stoopid double standard in america about race. there is still racism against black people in america but white people are also targetted and it is all wrong. it doesnt ****in matter what colour a person is. racism is wrong. regardless of the target, white, pink, green, yellow or red. whoever the target is, it is a terrible part of the world we live in.

A

Anonymous

Take this scenario:
Rijkaard pulls Eto'o aside and referring to Raul says:

"Forget that overrated white piece of ****. During the game, tell him I said you are a better player. Tell the white **** I said you are better"

Who here is stupid enough to think that Frank Rijkaard wouldn't get fired the very same day?

A

Anonymous

I have just got you pm now Jay-d.

It gave me a good laugh so I thought I would share it with everyone:

"because your always spouting your PC bollox why can't you call someone a nigger bollox without being racist thats why,your the s**t by the way wanna take it further let me know."

^^
That was my pm.
Are you English by any chance because I didnt get a word of that. More lessons at school for you I think.

And threats of violence over the internet are pathetic, you sad sad loser.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
gunnertildeath, i agree that "black" people in America are painfully uptight.. and i understand the reasons behind it, but there comes a time to stop complaining about it and start moving forward.. that is the problem over here.. they have the "African American" leaders over here continuing to bring up the past and shoving it down their throats so they will never move past it until they stop doing it.. but i guess that would be a social discussion about the USA for another time and another place, eh?

and i further agree that Aragones could have used something else when refering to Henry... i have said that from the beginning.. i dont agree with what he said...

but as for Reyes' kissing his ass, you have to remember that he is just starting to break into the first team in spain.. if he goes and calls out his national team coach and castigates him in public, he will never play for Spain while he is the coach.. he doesnt want to risk that..

and i also remember saying WAYYYY back at the beginning of this ridiculously long thread that Aragones should be let go, or at VERY least fined BIG TIME...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Sol said:

"because your always spouting your PC bollox why can't you call someone a nigger bollox without being racist thats why,your the s**t by the way wanna take it further let me know."

^^
That was my pm.
Are you English by any chance because I didnt get a word of that. More lessons at school for you I think.

i have to say, i didnt understand most of that either.. lol

sabret00the

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Sol said:

^^
That was my pm.

i have to say, i didnt understand most of that either.. lol
his english skills remind me of manc fans

A

Anonymous

Like to regain some credibility jayd by explaining in English why you are making such ridiculous accusations based an nothing...

jay-d

Established Member
Sol said:

^^
That was my pm.

Yes i'm English and better educated than you, I didn't actually make a threat of violence I simply stated let me know if you want to take it further. Sol if you have something to say to me PM me but seeing as your the kind of **** who likes to look hard in front of people ( even if its only a forum ) then i guess you won't, and US it doesn't suprise me that you see the need to join in either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom