• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Ramadhaan effect Toure ?

gooner#1

For people who dont know what Ramdhaan is , it is the most sacred month in the Islamic Calendar because it is the month the Quraan was revealed to the prophet Muhamaad.Muslims fast in this month.
Toure is a muslim , and I read on Arseweb that he dosnt fast in Ramahdaan.(sorry guys the page has been removed from arseweb)
This isnt true -My friend met Toure ,and asked him what he did in Ramadhaan.Toure said he does fast in the month but just not on match days .He makes it up after the month is finished.
I am a muslim -and even when you dont fast on a day ,you can still feel the effects from the day before.
This year will be tougher than last year though ,because the days are longer than last year at this time .

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i wouldnt think he could fast... AW never tells people how to act in regards to religion, but I would think that being a professional footballer, Toure knows that he can't necessarily fast like he might if he was not...

kanuuu

Established Member
Didn't notice anything wrong with Kolo last season at this point so i wouldn't have thought that he would let it affect him.

gooner#1

USArsenal said:
i wouldnt think he could fast... AW never tells people how to act in regards to religion, but I would think that being a professional footballer, Toure knows that he can't necessarily fast like he might if he was not...
That spud player ,Naybet or whoever he is fasting.He said that his performances might suffer.

AFCG7

Established Member
This topic also came up last year.. should he fast or not.. is he allowed to or not by releigious constraints?.. Hasan Kachloul kept fast when at Southampton and he said it did not affect his play because the climate in England was not that harsh. Youssef Chippo also did the same thing.
I'm not sure about Toure but like kanuuu said he looked quite solid during that period last season whenever he was playing so maybe it doesnt affect him , or maybe he didnt fast. Its up to him to decide what to do.

gooner#1

kanuuu said:
Didn't notice anything wrong with Kolo last season at this point so i wouldn't have thought that he would let it affect him.
Ramadhaan is at different times of the year each year.Last season it was in November when he was playing right-back I think,covering for Lauren.
He did do a good job actually.

Mark

Established Member
Toure was fine last year. We can perhaps rest him during this period if he takes this really seriously. Have to respect him for that.

Feis-al

Says who, he is actually a little light weight during Ramandhan but he does play well. That was testmony last year because there was even a thread wanting him to remain in that position

GoonerLuke

IIRC, I read an interview with Kolo where he said that he does not fast during Ramandhan because it would affect his performance too much on the field.

Gurgen

Established Member
He shouldn't fast. He is a professional player and he should know Arsenal comes before anything. The club shouldn't suffer just because of one player's religion. I am sure Allah will forgive him for one time, people take this too seriously anyway.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
GoonerLuke said:
IIRC, I read an interview with Kolo where he said that he does not fast during Ramandhan because it would affect his performance too much on the field.

I was going to mention that. I have the same memory.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Gurgen said:
He shouldn't fast. He is a professional player and he should know Arsenal comes before anything. The club shouldn't suffer just because of one player's religion. I am sure Allah will forgive him for one time, people take this too seriously anyway.

There is no way you can tell anyone with a commitment to any religion that kicking a football around is more important than their religion. It's his convictions that matter.

gooner#1

Gurgen said:
Ramadhaan is serious though .It is compulsory for a muslim man 2 fast in Ramadhaan ,if they are physically capable of doing the fast.

Mark

Established Member
Gurgen said:

That's unfair on the guy. He gives 100% effort in every game and I'm sure he will try really hard to do what's best for the club and for his religious beliefs.

Gurgen

Established Member
He should be able to put them aside. We are living in the year 2004.

How would you feel if, say, your lawyer was a muslim who prays five times a day, taking his mat out in the middle of a meeting, just because the Coran tells him to do so at said time? You'd fire him right?

That 'convictions' story is crap. Gazza's convictions were drinking booze instead of training, should he have been allowed to do so too?

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i know naybet of the **** is fasting. but whatever kolo does, we should support him. religion is very important. i am catholic but i feel the animosity in parts of the western world towards islam is sad and unfortunate. i am sure fans of arsenal and the team management will respect whatever decision he makes regarding his religion.

gooner#1

yeh ,well like I said I heard from another mate of mine who met Toure-(not the one who was chattin BS about Marco Ne )he dosnt fast on match days .

gooner#1

Gurgen said:
He should be able to put them aside. We are living in the year 2004.

How would you feel if, say, your lawyer was a muslim who prays five times a day, taking his mat out in the middle of a meeting, just because the Coran tells him to do so at said time? You'd fire him right?

That 'convictions' story is crap. Gazza's convictions were drinking booze instead of training, should he have been allowed to do so too?
Man , Islam gives exceptions to people who are doing something.You can pray later on .
Plus from what I have heard it aint good 2 b a lawyer cos u have 2 lie in some cases.

Gunner4life09

Many people may not agree on this but i think religion should come 1st before anything else, i am not muslim but i live in a muslim nation and Fasting during the time of Ramandhan is crucial to a muslim. How can u say he shouldn't fast. You all can see Toure gives his all to arsenal with a smile on his face, no matter what we say he will in the end decide what he will do.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom