• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Reyes fulfill his potential?

Will Reyes fulfill his potential?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

™}}T£M0o$£{{™

Is reyes going to ever get to his best at arsenal? will he ever adapt to the premierships pace? will he get some confidence and start scoring?

I want to read some of the opinions on reyes because IMO i see no way he can make it at arsenal.

Fella

Depends...

Play him upfront, you'll see the 'Sevilla Reyes' or the one we see a few times at Arsenal like the one in sep/oct this season where all the play went through him.

Continue on the wings, a few performances now and then, but nothing special most of the time.

I hope with the arrival of Rosicky, it means finally Reyes will get the chance to battle it out upfront with RVP.

Start scoring? Sure he hasnt bagged 20+ goals a season, but he has scored numerous times, although pires like numbers will be needed. Note hes also netted againts all the top english top teams Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Sp**s so he can score in big games too when playing up front.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
I sincerely hope so he has the potential it would be nice to see him using it a bit more, another thing I hope he stays of his feet more.

Uri

Damn.
I'm the first to say no.
I hope I'm wrong on this one, but it just doesn't seem so...
He is great to watch, and he's got a big heart under his skin, but honstly, he does not look the the player who we should have paid that much for.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
No reason why he can't make it here. But he's a forward, not a winger- the quicker Wenger stops trying to turn him into Robert Pires, the better, the better for Jose, the better for Arsène, better for all of us.

I wonder too, if he might fully come into his own with a bit more space to play in at the Grove.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup undoubtedly , just needs to be given the responsibilty and told to run the show, take the game by the scruff of the neck. I am not going to buy into the make up of the relationship between Henry and Reyes . What I will say is sometimes he delegates the responsibility to Thierry , when he does that he becomes a spectator , trying to fit around Thierry and trying to follow his lead. He plays best and starts to think when he has to shoulder responsibility.

G0D

Almighty
Reyes does need freedom to fulfil his potential, something he doesn't get stuck out on the left wing and wouldn't get much of in a 4-3-3 either, it would be too crowded. The only way he will achieve his potential is playing as a support striker where he would have a free role to roam. If Wenger gives him that then he should achieve what he can.

Gothics

I quite like Reyes cos he has great speed and amazing skills. But he will do well to toughen himself up and not fall down so easily when challenges comes in. He does have ample skills to showcase to the EPL but i have seen too often how he loses the ball so easily too. He also needs to play with more confidence and i think that he will be able to succeed in Arsenal. And of cos not forgetting that his natural position is a forward and not a left sided midfielder.

Captain

Established Member
I would like him to, but don't think that he will.

In fact I think that if we received a good sized bid, it would be worth cashing in.

asajoseph

Established Member
Henry scored 17 league goals in his first season. Call that slow if you like, but that's more than Reyes has managed in two and a half years...

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Henry scored 17 league goals in his first season. Call that slow if you like, but that's more than Reyes has managed in two and a half years...

Nah, Reyes has got 22, hasn't he?

c_man2006

Reyes was quality when he first came to Arsenal but then he just got a bit lazy and seems un-intrested in the team, he played good when he played against Real maybe because he wanted them to buy him.

I hope he gets his act together as he can be best midfielder in the Prem

™}}T£M0o$£{{™

celestis said:
Yup undoubtedly , just needs to be given the responsibilty and told to run the show, take the game by the scruff of the neck. I am not going to buy into the make up of the relationship between Henry and Reyes . What I will say is sometimes he delegates the responsibility to Thierry , when he does that he becomes a spectator , trying to fit around Thierry and trying to follow his lead. He plays best and starts to think when he has to shoulder responsibility.
veru good point, i mean i thinks its his personality...he is determined but its a different determination to the like of gerrard "takiing the game by the scruff of the neck"

asajoseph

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
asajoseph said:

Nah, Reyes has got 22, hasn't he?

I was just counting league goals (Reyes has 16)... I think 22 is right for all competitions though...

Blacks Are Red

Needs to show a major improvement by the end of this year.

Otherwise, Wenger needs to sit him down & ask him what the hell is going on!

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom