• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Robin's Ego & Selfishness Ever Allow Him To Be A Torres

TomasCR

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Sabre you have officially lost the plot, someone demote him ffs his posts are ridiculous or at least stop him from starting threads
You too to be honest, just a little while ago. :wink:

How it's called then? "Making threads just for the sake of making threads"? That's it I think! Sabre is the new king of it! Love your posts, hate your threads - nuff said.

hesham

Established Member
Agree with what Robin is saying that is why I still think he would play better with a partner upfront, but our current formation suit the team more and Robin has done a fantastic job leading the line and has adjusted the role to suit his qualities, he has worked really hard to improve him link-up game over the past couple of years and he is a MUCH better player because of it. Now that his rotten luck with injuries seemed to have gone (touch wood) he is fulfilling his potential --> the new Van Basten

raphael_as

By the way - tracked down the original quoted article, thought I'd do my bit of Dutch translation. The boy sure does love giving interviews :)

Van Persie: I'm not a top striker yet.

Since Robin Van Persie took on the striker position at Arsenal, the Rotterdammer has been without peer. His great form led to him being voted as October's Premier League Player of the Month.

In the Dutch team as well, that will practice against Italy on Saturday, Van Persie is a candidate for the striker spot. Voetbal International got in touch with him.

VI - You had 5 goals in October and delivered 2 assists: which was the most valuable?
RvP - That would be the goals or assists which were decisive. The point winners. Then you have for instance the assist for Cesc Fabregas against Wolverhampton Wanderers, that was the 3rd goal which made the game safe. A couple of times this season I also opened the scoring. That gives us something too.

VI - And then to think that Manager Arsène Wenger told you before the season started: 'For me you'll only score 3 goals this season' [sic: I think this is better translated as 'As far as I'm concerned I don't care if you only score 3 goals this season' but I'm not sure]
RvP - The manager thinks that it is most important that I add something to the team in the tactical arena, both in attack and in the transition [sic: from defense to attack]. That I combine with the players around me. It is his primary aim that I let others play better. Next to that I am free to do my thing and be dangerous in front of goal. It took me a while to find the balance there.

VI: When did that change?
RvP: Around 6 weeks ago I started changing my game. Before that I was constantly busy with defensive running, with chasing down and pressing. In those same games I missed a number of good chances. When I thought about that, I came to the conclusion that because of all that work and running I missed the absolute sharpness in front of goal. The manager thought the same about it, he told me that I needed to choose my moments better. In my opinion the last couple of weeks everything is pretty well balanced.

VI: Two months ago you your mindset was not completely that of a striker. Have you got your head around that now?
RvP: It may sound strange, but I still don't see myself as a real striker. Guys like Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba, those are real killers. I feel that I'm a little bit between a striker and a 2nd striker. I'm a combination of both and that suits me fine. I'm trying to give my own dimension to the striker position. I now have 7 assists in competitive games and I am just as proud of those as for my 7 goals. I find it crucial that I am important for the team on both sides.

VI: National Coach Bert van Marwijk said last week that he also sees you as a candidate for the striker position for the Dutch eleven
RvP: I heard something about that. I would find it a good challange. I don't think I'm a top striker yet, I miss too many chances that should have gone in. But I know that I can play there if the coach needs me there.

There's apparently more to the interview in the print version of the mag, perhaps one of our Dutch readers can do the rest.

MAK 14

Established Member
Van Persie is extremely modest - and for me, his ego is not that big. He is also a very unselfish player; his assists prove that. If he wants to be like Torres, he's going to need to get more selfish, not more unselfish - there are plenty of occasions he could of probably scored for himself but he's passed it instead.

Also, to be honest, i don't want van Persie to change his style to become a Torres. He is a much better footballer than Torres is anyway.

fabo

6.51 / 10
MAK 14 said:
If he wants to be like Torres, he's going to need to get more selfish, not more unselfish

I'd say he needs to be more clinical if he's to make that extra step up.

Gurgen

Established Member
Yeah, why would he want to be a blonde ponce who goes down quicker that a 2 dollar whore?

TomasCR

Established Member
Yeah I do but two dollar for ****'s sake? Well what you like of course, wish you only the best and all that. How does it look btw?

Been in Holland myself, loved it, just a shame the only thing I remember was that *****es and marihuana were everywhere, absolutely everywhere.

Gurgen

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Yeah I do but two dollar for f**k's sake? Well what you like of course, wish you only the best and all that. How does it look btw?

Been in Holland myself, loved it, just a shame the only thing I remember was that *****es and marihuana were everywhere, absolutely everywhere.

:lol:

I wish I could tell you that you missed all the cultural riches but that would be a lie.

alboots101

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Yeah I do but two dollar for f**k's sake? Well what you like of course, wish you only the best and all that. How does it look btw?

yep my kinda country....right on the Belgian border.

look...Bobin is top bollox...Torres is pretty good but `e aint no Bobin.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom