• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Sol, RVP and Cole mess up the flow?

Ratinho

Established Member
I think the only issue I really have today, apart from the fact I seem to be on the rag, is the fact that everyone has gone on about our lack of options this season and how we need to strengthen.

We now all of a sudden look like a pretty damn strong squad, and PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!

These guys have been together for a while now, especially Cole and Campbell, and the players will be boposted by them returning. Afaik Campbell is a very popular guy at the club. Plus, I think you'll find Reyes on and off form becomes almost fully 'on' when he gets to play with ashley down the left.

sol doesnt deserve to get into the team at the moment, lets not forget his disgraceful performance before he went AWOL.

when cole comes back though we will be on fire, alot of people seem to have developed amnesia and forgotted how this is the first season where 90% of our attacking play hasnt been focused on the left wing, everyone has just forgotten we have the best left back in the world waiting to comeback into the team.

RVP has to earn his place in the team he's still too inconsistent for me and Adebayor has settled in very quickly

Tegh

Established Member
Ratinho said:
I think the only issue I really have today, apart from the fact I seem to be on the rag,
You're not the only one, I'm pissed off reading a lot of posts here today.

Plus, I think you'll find Reyes on and off form becomes almost fully 'on' when he gets to play with ashley down the left.
Something I've been saying for eons now.

qs

Established Member
Sol shouldnt replace Phil, what good with it do? He's as likely to **** up these days and he doesnt work as hard. Let Phil make mistakes and learn from them, thats the only way we'll make him a top class defender.

Of course Ash should come back in as soon as he's fit. Flamini has done an admirable job out of position but Cole is world class. If any thing he will contribute emmensly to the "flow". Flamini has overlapped on occassion but having cole is like having another winger. With Eboue on the right and Cole on the left we'd be very very hard to hold back.

Adebayor isnt great, he's ok but he lacks something special. van Persie is something special from top to bottom.

KingReyes

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i think all three are improvements on what we have available now so its a positive for the rest of the season. the biggest threat is how much rvp feels he has to make up for lost time by being selfish.

Agree with your comment on those three improving their respective positions.
RVP at times can be a bit selfish but with Henry being our only scorer at this point maybe being a bit selfish is a good thing.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
non flying dutchman said:
Down the left we're missing so much when cole isn't playing, flamini got forward a few times but just doesn't have the instincts that cole has, him and henry are such a threat down that side.

Van Persie definately won't hurt things, as adebayor still is a few months off the pace, needs to get used to the way we play a bit more, I actually spoke to van persie before the game and he said there was a chance he might of played yesterday, but wenger wanted to leave it a week and give him a game midweek, so expect him to start against charlton.

Like a few people have said, phil has done a sterling job in sols absence, but he makes at least one big mistake a game, and it could of been costly if liverpool had any good strikers, I just hope sols sorted all his problems out, but i'm sure wenger won't risk him if he doesn't look right.
I still think Sol is more of a liability than big Phil, Sol is too slow to try to rectify a mistake but big Phil has more chance because he is faster.

adjie

Captain said:
Sorry for going off-topic, but there is no way that Phil was at fault. (That and I have alot of time on my hands).

Hmmm, OK mate. I'm still not 100% about this.
But it's alright. Perhaps I was thinking Phil was the MK5
who usually follow opponent's move :D
Ah .. that "Deja Vu" feeling.

Yeah, and agree also with Sabre. Phil is improving.
No question on that topic.

14teranga

I think RVP and Adebayor are not going to be in each other's way. I believe RVP-Henry-Ade-Hleb are going to be in the starting line-up with a breath-taking position change you have never seen. I fear for players like Reyes and Ljundberg to see their playing time reduced. I think VP might start on the left wing coming getting in the box to leave space for Henry, Cole or Ade. I would though prefer him on the right where, him cutting inside he has a fearsome shot and that space left for Eboue to run into... I believe we will be playing a very strange and crazy looking formation unstoppable after everybody's back. To me the team should look like this:

Lehmann

Eboue Toure Campbell Cole

VanP Cesc Gilberto Hleb

Ade Henry

Now Ade will be asked to drift to the right as much as he can letting VP to cut in the box and Eboue bursting straight. This will split defense for fun. On the left when Henry drifts left, Hleb joins the middle, Ade should move right(like looking for the second post inviting VP to run in going near the first post or vice versa) and Cole coming in usually cuts in the box.

To make it clear the right will work like this:

-When we are static(little possession in the middle there you go here I am like midfield pass) Ade suddenly drifts right bringing 1CB with him, VP cuts in the middle while Eboue running forward.
-When we are attacking from counter or from the left with Henry taking space on the left wing, Ade runs in the near left post, leaving space for VP to get inside the box(oblic runs) and Eboue makes a straight run down the right for a 3rd or dead ball. Actually we are playing like this only exception is Hleb is not a goal scorer.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom