• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Sol, RVP and Cole mess up the flow?

Wenger14

Established Member
ffs how old are you people?

Agree with the general view on here, RVP and Cole will only strengthen us, and as good as Flamini has been in the LB position, he is no Ashley Cole.

Cambell on the other hand needs to prove that he merits a place in the first team. An in form Cambell would be first choice in defence, no questions asked, but the Cambell of this season has been far from that.

JazzG

Established Member
I've just deleted the rubbish from this thread. This is a place to talk about Arsenal, not a ****ing play ground.

Now onto whether those people with improve is.

Cole may be a **** but he is much much better than Flamini, Flamini works his ass off but to be quite honest is rubbish so won't mind seeing him go. Also Cole gives us a genuine attacking threat from LB again.

RvP would give us more cutting edge upfront. Adebayor has done ok but not has ruthless as Robin when he is full flow.

Sol is our best CB when on form so he has to come in. Senderos at times looks superb but is an accident waiting to happen, makes at least one big mistake a match so need to get him back on the bench where he belongs.

None of these players create our flow because that stems mainly from Henry, Fabregas and Hleb so those guys are needed badly. Will make us MUCH more solid at the back as well which is a good thing.

Viper

Established Member
Cole and RvP should get their places back in the first team.

Campbell should work for his place as Senderos has been playing quite well.

adjie

bluenaz said:
Cole and RVP won't mess anything. Sol might be worrying though with the Senderos-Toure partnership working out good.

Not sure. Actually Senderos still little bit shaky.
If Campbell regain hist best performance,
Senderos has to wait for next League Cup game at 06/07 season.
But if you refer to "that West Ham Campbell", yeah,
better to have Senderos (or even Djourou !)

Cole and RvP will make us sharp and classy.

mood

We need Cole and RVP especially. We need another striker and player who can add extra goals and we have no left back and Cole's one of the best.

Lukazan

Established Member
JazzG said:
Cole may be a c**t but he is much much better than Flamini, Flamini works his ass off but to be quite honest is rubbish so won't mind seeing him go. Also Cole gives us a genuine attacking threat from LB again.

Heh, what a load of crap.

He has been really good for us there all things considered and just recently he has been getting forward to good effect. Flamini is all heart and he isn't a bad footballer by any means, for god's sake get off the bandwagon.

Of course Cole should get back there when he is fit, for a start it's his position and he is one of the best in the world there.

kel varnsen

Established Member
agree luka. flamini has been excellent for us this season. players like him is vital to any squad. versatile, doesn't whine and actually a good all-round footballer.

nazo

Established Member
adjie said:
bluenaz said:
Cole and RVP won't mess anything. Sol might be worrying though with the Senderos-Toure partnership working out good.

Not sure. Actually Senderos still little bit shaky.
If Campbell regain hist best performance,
Senderos has to wait for next League Cup game at 06/07 season.
But if you refer to "that West Ham Campbell", yeah,
better to have Senderos (or even Djourou !)

Cole and RvP will make us sharp and classy.

Actually Senderos is getting alot better. Give him more games and he will become more confident and play less shaky. If Campbell regains his best performance then of course he will be in the starting 11. (I don't see that happening anytime near)

nazo

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
agree luka. flamini has been excellent for us this season. players like him is vital to any squad. versatile, doesn't whine and actually a good all-round footballer.

Yup i agree with Lukazan and kel too. Flamini has been really good when ever he was called to play. (in any position too)

nazo

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Whoever said Senderos was shaky today, needs to get off the bandwagon, he was very solid.

Ya i know, he was doing good keeping Crouch and whoever came up quite. Good job from him today.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think all three are improvements on what we have available now so its a positive for the rest of the season. the biggest threat is how much rvp feels he has to make up for lost time by being selfish.

AFCG7

Established Member
I think Sol should **** off for the rest of the season, unless someone gets seriously injured.

f4evo

Legend#1 said:
Whoever said Senderos was shaky today, needs to get off the bandwagon, he was very solid.

can anyone list the different bandwagons on this forums now :lol:

JazzG

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Heh, what a load of crap.

He has been really good for us there all things considered and just recently he has been getting forward to good effect. Flamini is all heart and he isn't a bad footballer by any means, for god's sake get off the bandwagon.

Of course Cole should get back there when he is fit, for a start it's his position and he is one of the best in the world there.

Well you can admire his heart all you want but he still is not that good at LB. Players went past him easily when we played Liverpool and in both legs against R.Madrid. Anytime a good winger is near him I become very nervous. He doesn't provide much support in attack either. I'm not saying it is his fault because he could not possibly try harder and I am very thankful he is putting in so much effort, if all our players gave as much as he did week in week out we wouldn't be worrying about whether we will finish 4th. He is getting better but I must be going blind if he is playing really good.

Legend#1 said:

The problem we sometimes have on this forum is unless someone does something which costs us people's thinking changes. Senderos was defending really well last season but still making at least one big mistake a match but people would ignore that mistake and call him the next Adams. At first I thought he was great as well and thought the mistakes would stop as he is only young but after a while I realised that wasn't gonna happen any time soon. This season when he was still doing ok but his mistake was costing us the match he was called a bad defender. Today if we had dropped points I bet this forum would of been full of people moaning about Bergkamp fluffing his chances and how we needed a striker with cutting edge etc etc.

I don't think he was shaky but he did still make some blunders. Top class CBs do not make these blunders week in week out. A top class team needs top class players. Right now apart from Henry we have nobody who is in the top 5 for their respective position. Before we had Henry, Vieira, Sol and even for a while Pires. Sol at the peak of his powers didn't make these mistakes, so we need to get him back on top form and in our team because he isn't afraid of strong or technically good players. Senderos can deal with technical players but suffers against physically strong players. People think he is past it but some people though Hleb wasn't good enough for us, some thought Freddie was past it and they needed to be shown the door.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I always have faith in Flamini and Senderos, as CM and CB respectively of course.

For me the pecking order for LB is Ashely -> Clichy -> Flamini. No Cygan.

Dougan17

Cole will slot in easily as Flamini is mostly told what to do all game long position wise by Senderos and Toure. RVP can slot right in with Henry and might not hold the ball up or make some of the passes Adebayor has right away but he should finish chances better. Sol will be a problem though, we always lose when he comes back without getting a lot of games first, especially the last two seasons.

cc

how comes people complain on flamini is beyond me. he is my most appreciating player recently. A player always gives his 100%, has never complaint on bench, is able to play in several positions decently, keeping on improving himself from game to game, fully commit to the club. how much more can you expect from him? flamini, IMO, a true gunner. apart from that, I still think flamini should be played ahead of gilberto, better in blocking than G19, and his attacking ability is improving also.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom