• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will Theo ever step up?

qs

Established Member
USArsenal said:
number_0 said:
Theo's finishing is first class, but he hesitates alot when given time to think.
this ^^

Theo's problem is decision making.. when he only has 1 option, he usually does it well..

A proper run up front should sort that out. I think he's going to do really well in the new 4-3-3 though.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We really miss his pace. When he's around, fullbacks are less apt to go forward, consequently our fullbacks are able to attack better as well. For the same reason I hope Vela comes back soon and earns more minutes in the PL.

kamikaze80

Established Member
he still needs to learn to be more economical with his touches if he ever wants to play centrally up top. you cannot waste a touch up there. you often need to set up your shot with your first touch - like van persie's goal against city, which was excellent.

this is where theo's relative lack of technique hurts him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

At this point just hoping Walcott stay injury free and improves a little .
Really was a mistake him playing in that Juniour tournament last summer .

Anzac

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
"Static movement"?

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with our movement. There's something very wrong with the current finishing ability of our strikers though, which makes all the movement preceding the chances pointless. I hope it will change a bit as Eduardo gains momentum and fitness, and Walcott and Vela makes it back.

People seem quick to forget that we've indeed scored a couple of counter goals already this season too. Cesc scored a great one against Everton for example. Diaby followed it up with a class goal against Pompey. To expect to always play on counters is bordering on ignorance though. Limited teams have to adapt their game to fit their opponents. Great teams have a game of their own and the will and quality to enforce it on the field.

F*ck me I like it when you talk decisive like this Klaus - gives me goose bumps!!!!

This is so good that I just wanted to highlight it so we could all read it again, and wanted to underline the sexy bits for emphasis.

Anzac

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week!

Keep that stuff coming mate & I'll put in a good word for you to see if we can extend the gig for you......... :wink:

Zico

Established Member
I'll reserve comment on this average player until he actually plays. He is definitely not the elixir for our present pains.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Fingers crossed hopefully he comes back soon , hoping Vela as well will start to make an impression.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom