• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Will this post 2005 Arsenal nightmare ever end?

alboots101

Established Member
your all chasing this...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKe2OfXLxuc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKe2OfXLxuc</a>

fabo

6.51 / 10
Just frustrating how close we look to having a really competitive squad. After a terrible summer last year we showed signs of re-building towards the end of the season....young players looking more equipped but still not quite ready. Usual Wenger comments about consolidating and adding the necessary quality but fast forward two months and we are following the trend of recent years - big-names out without proper replacements. Thought this summer would be different but it's not - not blaming Wenger totally....financial restrictions etc etc...if we knew how much we had, fans would be more understanding. Building up false hope is what annoys me - who knows, maybe Wenger is still working his magic keeping the club afloat. We may be lauding his handling of the squad in recent years if we knew the full extent....but he's playing his part in this pessimism with his comments every season.

As I've said before, I can't wait for the season and will be supporting like always - just have very low expectations this year.

alboots101

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUQORGj2eFs&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUQORGj2 ... re=related</a>

for the worry warts...

there still time in this window for something to happen...lord knows its happened before but other than that, we have moved on at least a season and i`d expect Arsh to be influential...there is some hope amongst the doom and gl-loom...

Biggus

Established Member
Burnwinter said:
Biggus said:
There is a real divergence as regards ambition at the club, the extent of the boards is that we qualify for the CL proper, while we true supporters have rather loftier visions, and Wenger wants to be left alone to do what he wants. I think these forces will reach breaking point soon with the first sign of adversity.
"There is a spectre haunting north London ..."

:lol: We're doomed I tells ye!

Burnwinter said:
Biggus, I suspect you of hoping for adversity if only it would provoke a revolution. That's not the way to go - a revolution would leave us more f*d than we currently are.

I was hoping for a peaceful transition but now it seems we'll have to blast 'em all out. :wink: Gallas & Silvestre will go straight to the wall or maybe Blackburn, and Wenger will be put on show trial.

Burnwinter said:
Psychology is going to play a huge part in this season. The team needs to get lucky and get a few wins under its belt so that the players can feel like they're part of something a bit special.

I totally agree, that certainly helped us when we had a very easy first 10 games in 07-08, but when you look at this seasons fixtures you see banana skins everywhere.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Only a few weeks and our fears will start to become realised. I fancy Everton to do us

Yeah don't see why not. Unless Arshavin scores more. Ledley gone might help ... until we play City.

Without him how confident would we be? I mean we ain't exactly the most positive bunch with him ... without him? ...eek.

otfgoon

Established Member
Biggus said:
I totally agree, that certainly helped us when we had a very easy first 10 games in 07-08, but when you look at this seasons fixtures you see banana skins everywhere.

It didn't help this season though, we had quite relatively easy start and slipped up without the help of any bananas.

I think having a few though fixtures at the start is a good thing, for one it should force the players to be focused, and if we drop points here and there then its not all that bad due to the tought nature of the games and the whole 'long way to go' thing. If we actually come through it well off, then it will put us in a good position.

Biggus

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Biggus said:

It didn't help this season though, we had quite relatively easy start and slipped up without the help of any bananas.

I think having a few though fixtures at the start is a good thing, for one it should force the players to be focused, and if we drop points here and there then its not all that bad due to the tought nature of the games and the whole 'long way to go' thing. If we actually come through it well off, then it will put us in a good position.

Well obviously you have to play the hard fixtures sometime, I'd prefer it if we had our legs moving and our tails up. I'm very worried about the CL qualifier and the Man U/Man C games, we could be in freefall after them.

ricky1985

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
ricky1985 said:
Lord Dula said:
Only a few weeks and our fears will start to become realised. I fancy Everton to do us

That's the spirit, Dules!

;) the way i see it - Arshavin plays well we win, arshavin plays bad we draw nil nil or lose

simples

I know Arshavin's damn good, but Fabregas, Rosicky, Eduardo and Van Persie are top drawer footballers as well mate. We have an extremely good team, just short a player or two. Might even have that sorted by the big kick-off.

asajoseph

Established Member
Any team with a strong central midfield scares the **** out of me at the moment, and that includes Everton. If we lose the battle in there, we're going to really struggle.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Everton at Goodison is always one of the games that scares me most. They sum up everything that we're not and even if we end up title challengers I wouldn't expect us to win there.

ricky1985

Established Member
I honestly think we are going to take them to pieces. It'll be one of the few times in the season that a team might actually have a bit of a go at us. If we can stand up to that, then we'll have space to hurt them going forward.
All being well, it won't be Eboue, Walcott and Diaby playing in midfield trying to exploit the space, it'll be Fabregas, Rosicky, Arshavin, Van Persie and Eduardo, give them space and see what happens!

Biggus

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
I honestly think we are going to take them to pieces. It'll be one of the few times in the season that a team might actually have a bit of a go at us.

Great news the rest of them needn't even bother showing up! :D

Burnwinter

Established Member
Lord Dula said:

It's a bit of a thrill / chill thinking that losing that match could easily set the tone for half the season. We're too used to what Wenger's response would be, talking about the faith he has in his players and how long a season is.

xcdude24

Established Member
I don't think i've ever seen a group of people place so much value on the first game of the season, ever.

But I can't say I disagree with everyone's sentiments

By the way, for those of you who think we have money and Wenger is flat out refusing to spend it: When it's so blatantly obvious that we're way short in the midfield, why do you think that Wenger is refusing to spend?

Floating

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
Everton at Goodison is always one of the games that scares me most. They sum up everything that we're not and even if we end up title challengers I wouldn't expect us to win there.

That's very true - each season, the game at Goodison Park is a great barometer of how well we'll fare. I'm just glad they didn't sign Cana, and he went to a mid-table team with a weak central midfield.

If you recall, two seasons ago, when we were genuine contenders for the title, we won this fixture 4-1, with Eduardo's sublime brace, Rosicky, and Adebayor scoring. We could pull something similar!

Zico

Established Member
I just wonder who will follow Hleb, Flamini and Adebayor to become our new hate figure. Unhappy players, starters departing, angry fans. It will all go on until the board places football ahead of fiscal prudence. Placing football ahead of breaking even will completely change the way we run football and commercial affairs at this club.

I agree with Burnside that we need a real scare from Manchester Citeh. Otherwise, we will see a few more seasons like this of trying to beat the drop to the UEFA Cup

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom