• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
View attachment 9352

But we already knew EA hates us. They gave Martinelli a 78 rating for Fifa 23, it's a joke.
Maguire has 85 for defending, that's all I need to know before I take it too seriously. 79 here for PHY? The guy is a monster, should easily be 90, his passing is also top quality so that's 80 right there

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah I'm worried.

He's on about 40k a week at the moment. For comparison:

De Ligt - 200k
Fofana - 200k
Dias - 160k
Militao - 150k
Upamecano - 130k
Lacroix - 60k
Garcia - 50k
Tomori - 50k
Saliba - 40k

Surely given his quality already and the competition we'd have for his signature, he should be on 150k+, maybe approaching that 200k. If I was his manager that's where I'd set my sights.
Saka, Martinelli and Saliba should be on similar amounts in my opinion. I'd be happy for them to all be given somewhere between 100-150k a week. We need to get it done ASAP. These 3 lads are the future of the club along with the rest of the core group. It's also a huge sign that they are buying into the club and manager.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He was a Raul signing right? Making amends for signing Pepe. Switch the fees for both and don't think anyone would have complaints about either.
Correct if I’m wrong but weren’t Tierney, Gabriel, Saliba and Partey all Raul signings?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Saka, Martinelli and Saliba should be on similar amounts in my opinion. I'd be happy for them to all be given somewhere between 100-150k a week. We need to get it done ASAP. These 3 lads are the future of the club along with the rest of the core group. It's also a huge sign that they are buying into the club and manager.
They deserve 150-180k if Nketiah got 100k per week, especially when you compare what some other young players earn, like Sancho. Can't be skint here only to lose them because of some more money. Of course there has to be some wage structure.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They deserve 150-180k if Nketiah got 100k per week, especially when you compare what some other young players earn, like Sancho. Can't be skint here only to lose them because of some more money. Of course there has to be some wage structure.
Yeah listen those young lads I'd give them what they want to a degree. Not 300k but something significant with room too improve. 150k this contract. 200k the next maybe if they continue improving. I think for the success of this club this current core group need to stay together. However that only happens if we get CL football for next year.

bergholt

Based on the numbers above, I can't see why he'd sign for us for 150k. Tell me Man U wouldn't offer him 200k to replace Maguire, especially if Saliba performs well for us and then has a good World Cup.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Based on the numbers above, I can't see why he'd sign for us for 150k. Tell me Man U wouldn't offer him 200k to replace Maguire, especially if Saliba performs well for us and then has a good World Cup.
In that case why would any of our decent players re sign? Just because United are stupid enough to pay players that price why should we do the same?

Salah could earn more elsewhere but stayed at Liverpool. Nunez could have earned double what he earns at Liverpool by joining United. Why didn't he go?

Timber rejected a move to United despite being offered a huge salary rise.

Money is not everything in a footballers mind. It is a significant factor but it isn't everything.

If you say Real offer him more money then I would get why he wouldn't sign. A club where he is guaranteed to win things. But to join a club the same level or worse for an extra 50k doesn't make much sense to me. Also Manchester is a **** hole.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
It’ll be devastating if we can’t get this lad to extend his contract, he’s a sensational talent.
Crazy that he’s 21, playing his first season in the PL and putting in these performances. As a CB he could be another 5 years away from hitting his peak :shivering:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
It’ll be devastating if we can’t get this lad to extend his contract, he’s a sensational talent.
Crazy that he’s 21, playing his first season in the PL and putting in these performances. As a CB he could be another 5 years away from hitting his peak :shivering:
I think most people who watched him past 2-3 seasons in Ligue 1 ain't surprised about his level of performances currently. He was always going to be mega here.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Why do you think we were so mad that he wasn't getting a kick here? Even the Saliba of the past 2 years with his little growing pains would have been the best defender at the club. We'd have been in the CL with him in the side last season. When we signed him this was the level people were speaking about him reaching.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Should be looking at £150k a week or so. That's nearly quadrupling his wages.

Incentives these young players. Sign a long term contract but we'll look at the contract again in 18 months if performances continue to improve.

Same sort of thing should apply to Saka.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Is anyone else concerned that there is no news on a new contract? Mbappe will be in his ear about PSG, Madrid will be following him, the close it gets to the new year, the harder it will be to keep him.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Is anyone else concerned that there is no news on a new contract? Mbappe will be in his ear about PSG, Madrid will be following him, the close it gets to the new year, the harder it will be to keep him.
No. He wasn't renewing until after the World Cup, regardless.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
the type of playah that opposition fans will ignore or deny his greatness all season, and when the first loose rumour of him going next summer to Liverpool/Chelsea whatnot they will w a n k themselves into a coma

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

the type of playah that opposition fans will ignore or deny his greatness all season, and when the first loose rumour of him going next summer to Liverpool/Chelsea whatnot they will w a n k themselves into a coma
Well I read Brentford forum after the match, and many of their fans were in awe of Saliba and praised him even if they lost.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom