• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Tom349

its absoluetly not 5 million a year. you really think a club accept 6 year payment plan for a 30 million player look. You can twist it howveer you want. It was a really bad transfer and one that was never a priority. The club was desperately looking for a CB that summer and I remember the argument by the fans was instead of signing an ok player we are signing an elite talent, so its worth waiting a year. We were crying out for aCB and we signed Luiz on free with him being stop gap and we had to be patient cause we got this amazing talent. you know how we know the club fvcked up? If the club could go back in time you think they would spend 30 million on him?

I mean at the time he literally smashed their record departure fee having only played 1200 minutes of football with a third of those at right back. Hardly unreasonable to think we could structure such a deal for an inexperienced player like that on our terms while making it attractive for the St.Ettinne.

We were only crying out for a CB once Koscienly up and left. We had plenty of options before that.

If Saliba ends up playing for this club for 10 years and becomes the player we all think he can be, then all that has transpired to this point is going to mean nothing. If Areta spent every interview pumping his tyres, none of you would have an issue but because he is managing expectations and going to slowly integrate him into the side, its ****ing panic stations on here.

Don't know how many times it needs to be said but he is 20 years old and a long term investment. Complaining about 30m spent now when he has a potentially very long career ahead of him is absurd.

Tom349

Yeah I agree, but as I wrote I don't think he'd be be the defensive leader for a couple years at least. People here are vastly underestimating the importance of experience and leadership in defence (imho) :)

Here, here.

In a somewhat ideal world Luiz would have played in the middle of back three with Saliba and Gabriel alongside him. Much like what Leciester have done with Evans having Soyuncu and Fofana alongside him.

Although the issue with that is a back three isn't a long term solution.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I mean at the time he literally smashed their record departure fee having only played 1200 minutes of football with a third of those at right back. Hardly unreasonable to think we could structure such a deal for an inexperienced player like that on our terms while making it attractive for the St.Ettinne.

We were only crying out for a CB once Koscienly up and left. We had plenty of options before that.

If Saliba ends up playing for this club for 10 years and becomes the player we all think he can be, then all that has transpired to this point is going to mean nothing. If Areta spent every interview pumping his tyres, none of you would have an issue but because he is managing expectations and going to slowly integrate him into the side, its ****ing panic stations on here.

Don't know how many times it needs to be said but he is 20 years old and a long term investment. Complaining about 30m spent now when he has a potentially very long career ahead of him is absurd.
loool 6 year instalment payment lool. I get you want to defend the club. But no one agrees to that come on now. He is 20 year old who is being mishandled.....stop defending the club. How is he getting used to english football and life in england going back to france?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Saliba is starting for Nice in 30 mins, Aouar also starting for Lyon, should be worth a watch.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
been very positive loan. i really want him to kick on in pre-season and force Arteta to chose him he is the close thing we got from replacing Luiz.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Still played 20 games so this season was not completely lost for him thankfully. Hope to see him here next season. Kept Lyon from CL qualification on the last game of the season, he’ll be happy as an ASSE boy.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I think (and hope) he will push for another loan and hopefully run his contract down.

F*ck Arsenal, leave them to it with their Holdings and them man there.

Your negativity is a bit boring now, what makes you still post or why bother following Arsenal?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Your negativity is a bit boring now, what makes you still post or why bother following Arsenal?
Waiting for Arteta to get sacked or someone higher to get sacked.

There's nothing here for Saliba, think that much is clear.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Waiting for Arteta to get sacked or someone higher to get sacked.

There's nothing here for Saliba, think that much is clear.

What you going to do if no one gets sacked? We'll only hire another bad manager.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think (and hope) he will push for another loan and hopefully run his contract down.

F*ck Arsenal, leave them to it with their Holdings and them man there.

Honestly you're kinda right though, I'd hate this club so much if I were him. Imagine you're about to play in a cup final in your last game for your team and you get told nah sorry not happening, report for pre-season, then you report for pre-season and the coach tells you nah sorry, we don't think you're up to it, so you're like f*ck this sh*t send me on loan then, and they tell you at the last minute nah sorry we left it too late we couldn't find you one so you're gonna be in the reserves for a few months...can you imagine!! I'd have pictures of the Arsenal crest on my dartboard if I were him.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

What you going to do if no one gets sacked? We'll only hire another bad manager.
A lot of the managers Arsenal allegedly interviewed, I would have taken. Raul had his reasons for pushing for Arteta though.

I've tried my best to quit Arsenal many times and hopefully one of these days I succeed. I'd say sorry for sh*tting all over your summer transfer market dreams, but I'm not sorry.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

A lot of the managers Arsenal allegedly interviewed, I would have taken. Raul had his reasons for pushing for Arteta though.

I've tried my best to quit Arsenal many times and hopefully one of these days I succeed. I'd say sorry for sh*tting all over your summer transfer market dreams, but I'm not sorry.

You're not ****ting on any dreams, I hope you manage to quit soon.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom