• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Oh,....Dumb troll No 2 just joined the fray. Club with class and crass fans like you are a totally contradiction.
Once a club is busted with frauding, it's a dead club to me. Nothing to troll about.
Glassmann will read this post and agree with me.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

arteta need to stop BS and just give him chance so at least we'll see if he can handle the PL test.
You mean play him 3 times all season and proclaim Arteta was right for what he did :lol:

The chance to marginalise him to Arsenals bench and convince everyone he is bad (which he could have easily done this season) has gone, he needs to start regularly not wait for a f*ck up or injury to White.

If he doesn’t push to move he’s foolish.

carlito'sway

Established Member
You mean play him 3 times all season and proclaim Arteta was right for what he did :lol:

The chance to marginalise him to Arsenals bench and convince everyone he is bad (which he could have easily done this season) has gone, he needs to start regularly not wait for a f*ck up or injury to White.

I think that is likely the scenario at this point if Arteta is really serious about Saliba coming back (I don't think he is).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

you just creating scenarios. of course he'll likely start arsenal career on bench and slowly will be on the team that's doesn't mean he bad.

also i don't understand why you making it sound like the manager have agenda on everyone who doesn't play. all managers does that.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Arteta spend 70 million on the defence last summer and we conceded 9 more goals.
Upgrading the defence is not just about improving your goal prevention. It's holistic. We needed to improve our overall play and we did that, going from 8th to 5th. Ben White was as important for our build-up and possession phase as he was for our defensive phase.

We conceded 5 xG more, and added 11 xGF.

We went from having 451 shots and 141 on target and allowing 419 shots and 128 on target (re: Em*ry argument, see the difference between Em*ry's "good" season where we allowed more shots and on target than we took), to 580 and 185 and allowing 418 and 144. Extremely positive evolution (129 shots more, 1 less and 44 more on target to 16 more on target conceded).

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard

Many of you might have the opinion of saliba > white but Mikel didn't and in that way he is right about loaning him. How many games did Rob end up playing? Those are the number of games saliba would have got compared to his loan appearances. Hoping things are fine and he signs a new contract. With europa league he should get a lot of appearances.

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Many of you might have the opinion of saliba > white but Mikel didn't and in that way he is right about loaning him. How many games did Rob end up playing? Those are the number of games saliba would have got compared to his loan appearances. Hoping things are fine and he signs a new contract. With europa league he should get a lot of appearances.
White might be better than Saliba but no way is he 50m better than Saliba. Keeping Saliba and spending the 50m on a CM(Guimares) wouldve seen us in top four.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
White might be better than Saliba but no way is he 50m better than Saliba. Keeping Saliba and spending the 50m on a CM(Guimares) wouldve seen us in top four.
That's true if saliba had performed in the same level as he did in France. But we didn't know that before and Mikel didn't believe at that point of time as well. But yeah 50m definitely was a lot for white.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Upgrading the defence is not just about improving your goal prevention. It's holistic. We needed to improve our overall play and we did that, going from 8th to 5th. Ben White was as important for our build-up and possession phase as he was for our defensive phase.

We conceded 5 xG more, and added 11 xGF.

We went from having 451 shots and 141 on target and allowing 419 shots and 128 on target (re: Em*ry argument, see the difference between Em*ry's "good" season where we allowed more shots and on target than we took), to 580 and 185 and allowing 418 and 144. Extremely positive evolution (129 shots more, 1 less and 44 more on target to 16 more on target conceded).
We conceded 39 goals, spent 70 million on defenders and 30 million on keeper. That’s 100 million

We conceded 9 goals more. That’s 23% increase in 38 game season. That’s big increase. You can’t say it’s improvement based on xg. I mean 39 to 48 is a big jump. We conceded more than wolves, Brighton and palace

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
We conceded 39 goals, spent 70 million on defenders and 30 million on keeper. That’s 100 million

We conceded 9 goals more. That’s 23% increase in 38 game season. That’s big increase. You can’t say it’s improvement based on xg. I mean 39 to 48 is a big jump. We conceded more than wolves, Brighton and palace
As I said from the beginning, White was more important a signing from a general play standpoint. Looking at his signing in terms of goals conceded without factoring in our major improvement in general play is a real short-sighted view of things (surprise, surprise, coming from you).

AbouCuéllar said:
Holding has very, very little quality and composure on the ball and is nothing special as a defender. Our midfield needs major improvements but that does not take away from the fact that if we want to play out from the back well we need a far, far better footballer than Holding there. White is that.

Holding did "well" in what was basically a defensive team last season. Typical set-up and season which will have people like yourself overrating a centre back who is just an average player and who clearly has major deficiencies in the playing out phase with the ball at his feet.

Very pleased with this signing, if we want to fix our much talked about U-shape in build-up improving on Holding was one of the key things we had to do. Now we need to partner Thomas with someone good.

He made a mistake, which can happen, but (only watched second half) I just love his quality and composure on the ball, makes such a massive difference to have a defender that can be pressed by an attacker, step on the ball drag and it and make a calm decision instead of hoofing it. Made a couple short diagonal passes with good weight to lokonga that I absolutely loved too, the kind of pass to keep and avance possession that just no one else on our team does or any centre back that I remember in our team in recent times had in his locker.

Not an upgrade on Luiz my arse. Massive upgrade. Luiz was decent on the ball but was not nearly as calm and composed and able to withstand pressure and pick a pass without hoofing it as White is.

Best CB I have seen on the ball in my 25 years of supporting arsenal, it has to be said.

Massive upgrade and really is a game changer for us in possession / construction and playing from the back.

For the record, really excited to see Saliba in the team as well for this reason, because despite the fact he will probably be a bit more error prone and less solid in defence than White in his first season, he'll probably represent an even further upgrade on the ball and in possession. Ideally we'll see Saliba occasionally to White in games where we are more likely to be in possession 60-70% of the time and less likely to be attacked next season, as well as in Europa League.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Arteta can't logically ignore this guy , he will be brought into the fold here.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

As I said from the beginning, White was more important a signing from a general play standpoint. Looking at his signing in terms of goals conceded without factoring in our major improvement in general play is a real short-sighted view of things (surprise, surprise, coming from you).

For the record, really excited to see Saliba in the team as well for this reason, because despite the fact he will probably be a bit more error prone and less solid in defence than White in his first season, he'll probably represent an even further upgrade on the ball and in possession. Ideally we'll see Saliba occasionally to White in games where we are more likely to be in possession 60-70% of the time and less likely to be attacked next season, as well as in Europa League.
So we scored 5 goals more which I’m sure you want to contribute to white improving our general play. But us conceding 9 goals more has nothing to do with him. The trade of conceding 9 goals more to score 5 more is bad trade off.

But Brighton conceded 2 less after we took their 50 million star CB from them. They didn’t get one bit worse without him. So in summary the team he left improved and the team he joined got worse. These are the ugly facts.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

No football player with a shred of honour or self respect would ever contemplate playing for this cretinous poltroon.

Saliba has two choices in front of him.

Stay with Marseille, go to the world cup & come back to Arsenal in the summer when Tets will have long ceased being associated with this club.

Come back now, play sprodically & bide his time until Tets is sacked by November/December at which point the incoming manager (Potter/Vieira) will notice he's a notch above Ben White & establish him as a first team starter.

Either way, Tets ends up sacked in both cases so...image.gif

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Zealot projection. Your lot have been trying extremely hard to convince everybody that Arteta never wanted this guy and now that he's returning it's all because he was forced to have him back. :lol:

Zealot projection :lol: :lol::lol: ffs . I hardly ever post in this thread everyone can see that . Mate maybe take a break from this place. Your sanity seems be fraying a little .

balthazar

So we scored 5 goals more which I’m sure you want to contribute to white improving our general play. But us conceding 9 goals more has nothing to do with him. The trade of conceding 9 goals more to score 5 more is bad trade off.

But Brighton conceded 2 less after we took their 50 million star CB from them. They didn’t get one bit worse without him. So in summary the team he left improved and the team he joined got worse. These are the ugly facts.
facts and stats, who needs that when you can have an opinion?

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom