• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Rattata

He will sign the contract no doubt. After all he's still the kid wearing the Arsenal shirt.

EAgqkYdXYAAmL35.jpg

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The season was over the moment this guy did his back in against Sporting. I don’t care what anyone says, a club like Arsenal can’t compete with Man City in a run in without their best defender.

Can’t wait to see him back in action next season.
There is no club in this world that can compete with City. You have Madrid and Bayern that can take them in the CL only because their domestic leagues are a joke compared to the PL so they never get drained through the season like we do.

While I do agree with Saliba, I also think injuries are part of football and they always happen, there is only 1 club in football that's not affected by injuries

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The season was over the moment this guy did his back in against Sporting. I don’t care what anyone says, a club like Arsenal can’t compete with Man City in a run in without their best defender.

Can’t wait to see him back in action next season.
Agree, losing him was huge. To win this year against Man City we would have needed Saliba fit for the whole season. I like Holding but he sure isn't Saliba.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think we beat Southampton and West Ham with him in the team. Maybe Pool as well. We could then still lose to City and be in a good position. It would’ve made all the difference.
Westham definitely Southampton don't think so because we gift them goals he was also part in games when we nearly dropped points against Bournemouth. Of course he very important we started conceded many unnecessary goals without him

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Also very vital we tie him up for long term he very important in our recent success its rare you find a player as him who have it all. I want him stay here for 4 seasons at least after that he can chose whatever he wants

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It's clear as day that he is the most important player in the team. We went from having one of the best defensive records in the league to immediately leaking goals without him. The confidence he inspired in our build up as well as nullifying the opponent in transition cannot be overstated. We never ever looked like the clown team of last season with him in the team. If he doesn't extend his contract we are right back to struggling for top 4.

Batman

There is no club in this world that can compete with City. You have Madrid and Bayern that can take them in the CL only because their domestic leagues are a joke compared to the PL so they never get drained through the season like we do.

While I do agree with Saliba, I also think injuries are part of football and they always happen, there is only 1 club in football that's not affected by injuries
If you look at City's defensive record when Dias was injured compared to what it has been since he returned you can see why this statement isn't true. Yes, they are a juggernaut but we basically flipped positions with them in that sense. They got their elite CB back and became harder to score against while we lost ours and became a joke at the back. If the roles were reversed and they didn't have Dias in the run in while we still had Saliba, I think we're looking at a different outcome in the title race. Both players have been that important this season.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If you look at City's defensive record when Dias was injured compared to what it has been since he returned you can see why this statement isn't true. Yes, they are a juggernaut but we basically flipped positions with them in that sense. They got their elite CB back and became harder to score against while we lost ours and became a joke at the back. If the roles were reversed and they didn't have Dias in the run in while we still had Saliba, I think we're looking at a different outcome in the title race. Both players have been that important this season.
They will never experience the same difficulties, our direct sub was Holding who let's be honest is a bottom table player while they will use Stones/Laporte etc, not really the same hit.

I see that you are using goals conceded as an argument, I actually think we miss Saliba mostly because he starts our attacks, calm at the back and the squad got so used to it, making us dominate games. I see our defenders and GK hoofing the ball again and we never get the same control, so for me, it's that and not goals conceded. Comparing it to City, even without Dias their sub CB's will be able to control the ball unlike Holding and Kiwi

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
They will never experience the same difficulties, our direct sub was Holding who let's be honest is a bottom table player while they will use Stones/Laporte etc, not really the same hit.

I see that you are using goals conceded as an argument, I actually think we miss Saliba mostly because he starts our attacks, calm at the back and the squad got so used to it, making us dominate games. I see our defenders and GK hoofing the ball again and we never get the same control, so for me, it's that and not goals conceded. Comparing it to City, even without Dias their sub CB's will be able to control the ball unlike Holding and Kiwi
City have 4 center backs that not only experienced but very good with thier feet Stones Dias Laporte Akanji you can add Ake too who can play anywhere. Arteta keeping faith on Holding really strange the guy cant play in this system even kiwi who not used to play in this system he looked miles better we'll need to get CB that can at least bring similar attributes to Saliba.

Batman

I'm using goals conceded as an argument because we were scoring at a similar rate and conceding at a far worse rate without Saliba. That's a quantifiable reality. Of course he helps in every phase of the game but no metric has been more adversely affected in his absence than goals conceded and you really can't argue that goals are the most important element of football. I can have all of the possession and the prettiest buildup around and it means nothing if I concede enough to drop points.

Also, nobody is arguing City aren't better suited to cope with injury. It is however a fact that when they were missing Dias, they were far weaker at the back and when they got him back they conceded far less. That is the biggest difference between the City that were trailing us and the City that surpassed us. We flipped defensive situations.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom