• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Our most important player and we have to find a way to convince him in signing a new contract. He's already been offended by us once or twice. Let's hope Edu and Arteta have learned to grovel.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka

Some good points. Defensively Saliba was shocking at many points over the season or made errors leading to goals and people have forgotten about it.
But on the other hand Carragher fails to address the fact that Saliba is more comfortable on the ball and assured in possession and without him we suffered on the ball too.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not saying it isn’t true, it seems as if it is in some cases, but I don’t understand the influence that agents have over players; they are working for the player ffs. Surely they have to listen to what the players wants to do; why would listen to an agent about anything apart from how much money they can get you. Don’t understand how the agent can convince a player to go to a club that is offering them better kickbacks when maybe the player salary is comparable.
Madrid wouldn’t necessarily offer him a lot more than Arsenal currently? I just find it crazy how players are willing to drastically change their life and football environment for a slightly higher number on their salary (I understand when the increase is far more significant)
Agents have very often steered a player away from a club to where they get the best deal for themselves & not the player.

They are rarely the bastions of integrity & truth.
A big 'cough' let's say less scrupulous club. Let's call them Real Saint Dirtbags
(RSD)
RSD get in touch with the players agent & says get Ur boy here & we will give you the 'agent' ££££££££££.

The agent is suddenly working more for RSD/Himself rather than the player.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Some good points. Defensively Saliba was shocking at many points over the season or made errors leading to goals and people have forgotten about it.
But on the other hand Carragher fails to address the fact that Saliba is more comfortable on the ball and assured in possession and without him we suffered on the ball too.
Then you should have no problem naming them. You already admitted earlier in this thread that you had no stats to back this bullsh*t up. It's bad enough to be a delusional stalker but to use an actual ingrate like Carragher who was never as good as Saliba is right now injured to spout falsehoods that don't jive with statistics or the eye is pitiful even from you.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Then you should have no problem naming them. You already admitted earlier in this thread that you had no stats to back this bullsh*t up. It's bad enough to be a delusional stalker but to use an actual ingrate like Carragher who was never as good as Saliba is right now injured to spout falsehoods that don't jive with statistics or the eye is pitiful even from you.

Did you watch the video? Some of them are in the video. There's others, like the own goal against Leicester, or being dominated by Ivan Toney against Brentford losing every single duel.
Too many to name or remember.

I also gave Saliba a lot of credit in my post.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Carragher actually exposes the real problem for Arsenal this season, and that is teams planning their games on sitting deep and creating counter attack situations.

In the first bit, before the World Cup, we see how teams were more open to engaging us in the game, and we wiped the floor with them. This is also the luxury afforded to teams like Brighton who don’t have to face an extreme low bloc every game.

In the second and third bits we started facing low blocks, counter attacks only and later physicality and rough play all over the pitch.

Arteta and team knows where it went wrong for us. And I expect to see us add more to our game to address these shortcomings

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We know Saliba made mistakes that led to goals and that we weren't exactly watertight in defence with him, but it's the effect his presence has on us overall. With him, we could outscore the opposition and play a dominant game. That way, we win most games. He's bit like Zinny and Partey in allowing us to dominate where we need to (when in good form of course)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's extending, you can take that to the bank.

If he doesn't, then I will announce I am leaving AM and never ret...eh, no one is believing that!

King Willie is still staying though.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Saw this coming since the first loan. Hope he stays but the way he was tossed around France like a pile of gargabe to end up in this situation...

You don't treat a gem like that, and Arteta hasn't changed much since that time.

Meanwhile shills praising those loans while we had to watch Mari and Mustafi against FC Lunderbard. We don't deserve nice things.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
There's nothing to worry about yet. If he had wanted to leave, he'd have left last summer. He came here, won the job immediately, cemented himself as maybe the first name on the team sheet and is unquestionably one of the most popular players in the team he grew up supporting. He won't leave for at least 3-4 years if not much longer. He's certainly not leaving with his last game for the club having been one in which he went off injured. At some point this summer they will announce an extension.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You cant leave, Riouchez has unfinished business with @Rex Bezos !!

Where you can find me if you need me, mate...

b9e756ef-b2a2-4ac5-b114-18d42391597f_text.gif

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There's only 2 possible clubs he will leave us for right at this moment, City or Real Madrid and I don't see that happening.

He will sign but he wants a few more quid. Pretty confident about him resigning.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom