• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Goonger

So why is Newcastle's defence better than ours though? What do you think the reason is fundamentally?

Some different reasons. I think we focus on the attacking side of the game because of our tactics and expose the defence. I think individually in terms of outright defending Burn and Botman might be better than Zinchenko and Gabriel. I also think the Newcastle midfield has a bit more athleticism to get back and help the defence.

But we have scored 20 goals more than Newcastle, Arteta would focus on that.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Bingo @Rasmi @Goonger

The main reason is the system we play. We are a known attacking side and more importantly most teams will sit back against us as that's how they believe they can compete with us.

Arsenal have to first take the risks in games, and leave themselves more open in the process.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bingo @Rasmi @Goonger

The main reason is the system we play. We are a known attacking side and more importantly most teams will sit back against us as that's how they believe they can compete with us.

Arsenal have to take the risks in games, and leave themselves more open in the process.
You don’t have to take risk to leave yourself open. Perfect example is and city away to Everton. Against us they countered us many times running into huge empty space. With city they were never wide open.

My worry is Arteta being tactically so inflexible that he spends huge on Rice and play him as high as xhaka leaving us lose his defensive positioning because he is always in recovery mode.

SA Gunner

You don’t have to take risk to leave yourself open. Perfect example is and city away to Everton. Against us they countered us many times running into huge empty space. With city they were never wide open.

My worry is Arteta being tactically so inflexible that he spends huge on Rice and play him as high as xhaka leaving us lose his defensive positioning because he is always in recovery mode.

But City have quality and reserve quality to ensure this doesnt happen to them. Have we forgotten this?

And for the record, City arent bulletproof either. Everton themselves took points from the Etihad, as well as Brentford.

The risk is always there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But City have quality and reserve quality to ensure this doesnt happen to them. Have we forgotten this?

And for the record, City arent bulletproof either. Everton themselves took points from the Etihad, as well as Brentford.

The risk is always there.

In august did you see this team finishing comfortably second? Or has their achievement surprised you? I’m just saying a top manager has to be more tactically flexible than Arteta. The excuse our defence falling apart is because one CB got injured is bad look on Arteta. This tells me he can’t adapt through the season if his first choice is missing

Btw we been very lucky with injuries this season. You trying to blame everything except the manager

SA Gunner

In august did you see this team finishing comfortably second? Or has their achievement surprised you? I’m just saying a top manager has to be more tactically flexible than Arteta. The excuse our defence falling apart is because one CB got injured is bad look on Arteta. This tells me he can’t adapt through the season if his first choice is missing

Btw we been very lucky with injuries this season. You trying to blame everything except the manager

The only questions I would ask is why we didnt adapt quicker, and yes that is on Arteta.

Even the elite managers cant adapt during crunch moments. Pep has a chance to try and fix that tonight by going for the CL, after bottling it for over a decade now. Klopp has a chance to qualify for top four after finishing second last season, bottle job of note. And you have other examples like Conte, Tuchel, probably Ten Hag too, etc.

Criticism is due to our manager by all means, but this isnt some Arteta thing you'd like to believe.

Bucephalus

So why is Newcastle's defence better than ours though? What do you think the reason is fundamentally?
I'm old enough to remember that "one-nil to the Arsenal" is sung to the tune of the Village People's "Go West". I'm also old enough to remember when "boring boring Arsenal" was a taunt from the opposition, not a satirical taunt from us when Wenger had us playing the most beautiful football in the world and the other team couldn't touch the ball.

So why is Newcastle's defense better than ours? Because for 20+ years now, we prioritize defenders who can help us score three, not defenders who can help us give up zero. It's just club DNA now. And you know? I'm kinda ok with that. It's a lot more fun than being a better funded Burnley.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Why is it that Newcastle have conceded less goals than Arsenal this season?

Is it just about the defenders we are playing with, or does it also have to do with the style of play of these teams?
They sit far deeper than we do and they take less risks in possession as well. If Botman and Schar tried to play as high a line as we play with Saliba and Gabriel, they would concede 4 a game. We weren't far off them in terms of defensive record before Saliba's injury even playing that high line.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don’t see how he doesn’t sign tbh, it’s a formality imo. He’s not a complete player yet so I don’t think a club bigger than us is gonna poach him cos he still has flaws to iron out. He’ll obviously sign a contract here, probably go to Real Madrid near the end of the next contract though, when he is a complete player.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
No doubt he will extend. You could see on the pitch he is really enjoying himself here. He will be worth every penny

Has there ever been a better coached CB talent than Saliba? Perfect loans and starter and leading talent in his position in PL.

Would we wild if he doesnt want to continue getting micro fixed by master chef Arteta!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Hasn’t been linked to a single club, yet people assume he’s off because one of europes best young CBs hasn’t signed the first offer the club made him?
It's been so long since we had a marquee player that could attract the attention of the biggest clubs that some of these kiddos can't handle it. They'd have been doing forum seances trying to keep Henry and Vieira here every summer back in the early 2000s.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom