• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I would be near to explode if we didn't bought Gabriel it given time to Saliba to take it step by step but i swear every day a new negative stories its seem the leaks is just desperate to make change
That's because everybody is being critical of Arteta and Edu on every little thing right now. They'll blow anything up to make an agenda against them. Best they realize they're not going anywhere any time soon.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's because everybody is being critical of Arteta and Edu on every little thing right now. They'll blow anything up to make an agenda against them. Best they realize they're not going anywhere any time soon.
So at this point all the club need to hold meeting to clear things up its just ridiculous what going on

Malky

Established Member
Guendouzi had an attitude for a kid, that much was clear, but he was talented, yet Arteta tried to make an example of him and its likely we'll need to sell him for way below his market value because he has no future here now. One Red Flag. Selling Saliba while trying to get ****s like Mustafi and Holding to sign new deals isn't just a red flag, it's a ****ing sackable offence. He doesn't want to develop youngsters after his bullshit about changing the culture, instead he wants to be a Pep and have £50M players in every position.
Genuinly done with the man, I liked him as a player, but can't ****ing stand him as a manager. Defeat against City, then Chelsea, and he can pack his bags, clear his desk and **** off.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Even Guendouzi. The non negotiable turn out to be BS after he promoted as manager absolutely lost it since then

I've given the manager the benefit of the doubt on the Özil and Guendouzi situations. I strongly suspect that the Özil situation is a club decision, and there have been a lot of talk that Guendouzi is really disruptive behind the scenes, so I can see why he got him out.

This situation is baffling though. There is no reason for someone like Mustafi to get registered for the Europa league squad over Saliba, none. This is where Edu should be stepping in and sorting the situation out, isnt that the role of a technical director?

I'm starting to accept the job is just too big for these two. If Arteta goes, Edu should go too.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
So at this point all the club need to hold meeting to clear things up its just ridiculous what going on
They'll feel they've done that already with the fans forum with Vinai and Edu.

Things would be a lot different if they had a normal transfer window and pre-season (they were adamant about this).

Malky

Established Member
I've given the manager the benefit of the doubt on the Özil and Guendouzi situations. I strongly suspect that the Özil situation is a club decision, and there have been a lot of talk that Guendouzi is really disruptive behind the scenes, so I can see why he got him out.

This situation is baffling though. There is no reason for someone like Mustafi to get registered for the Europa league squad over Saliba, none. This is where Edu should be stepping in and sorting the situation out, isnt that the role of a technical director?

I'm starting to accept the job is just too big for these two. If Arteta goes, Edu should go too.
It's not that he just gave up on a talented youngster, it's the manner in the way he done it. He literally drove the players value, who we could of got £20-30M, easily, down to the absolute gutter. He'll leave in the summer for peanuts. Now clubs will know he doesn't want Saliba, so it's likely we'll be lowballed in the market for him now.
It's pathetic what he's doing. He hasn't given Saliba a single chance to prove anything, yet keeps giving minutes to failures like Bellerin, Holding and Mustafi.
Arteta is clueless.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I'm pretty certain the plan was never for him to go on loan for 2 years of a 5 year contract. We'll need to renew his contract in a year or two, but not sure how keen he'll be on that, feels like it's more likely he'll try to force a move away.

Malky

Established Member
The ****ing sad thing is if Wenger, or even Emery, was still here Saliba would be in the squad every week, getting minutes and being developed. At the very least he'd be first name on the teamsheet for the Europa games, instead Arteta would rather pick Mustafi.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's not that he just gave up on a talented youngster, it's the manner in the way he done it. He literally drove the players value, who we could of got £20-30M, easily, for down to the absolute gutter. He'll leave in the summer for peanuts. Now clubs will know he doesn't want Saliba, so it's likely we'll be lowballed in the market for him now.
It's pathetic what he's doing. He hasn't given Saliba a single chance to prove anything, yet keeps giving minutes to failures like Bellerin, Holding and Mustafi.
Arteta is clueless.

Yeah I agree with this, the way he handled it was so rookie. If he wanted him gone they should have just trotted out the Wenger line of the player having a back injury or something and not publicly destroy the kids character, even if it is questionable. Tbh I suspect Guendouzi fancies that he will outlast Arteta at the club.

The Saliba thing is a joke, I don't see how anyone can support him in that situation.

Malky

Established Member
Yeah I agree with this, the way he handled it was so rookie. If he wanted him gone they should have just trotted out the Wenger line of the player having a back injury or something and not publicly destroy the kids character, even if it is questionable. Tbh I suspect Guendouzi fancies that he will outlast Arteta at the club.

The Saliba thing is a joke, I don't see how anyone can support him in that situation.
The sad thing is it all seemed to stem from the Maupay incident, where all Guendouzi was doing was sticking up for Leno after Maupay injured him. Yeah he made a few childish comments but he's still a kid, FFS. Arteta set out to make an example of Guendouzi but it backfired - Douzi is balling in Germany and Artetas failing at Arsenal.
Now Arteta has the cheek to talk about players showing fight, not hiding, showing character!! Get the **** out of here with that bullshit, Douzi did just that and got binned, publicy, for it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The sad thing is it all seemed to stem from the Maupay incident, where all Guendouzi was doing was sticking up for Leno after Maupay injured him. Yeah he made a few childish comments but he's still a kid, FFS. Arteta set out to make an example of Guendouzi but it backfired - Douzi is balling in Germany and Artetas failing at Arsenal.
Now Arteta has the cheek to talk about players showing fight, not hiding, showing character!! Get the **** out of here with that bullshit, Douzi did just that and got binned, publicy, for it.

Yeah, what Xhaka did the other week was FAR worse than what Guendouzi did, and there will be no consequences for his actions. Hell Tierney did something similar after the Leeds game I think, and he was actually praised for it.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I'm not convinced that he isn't. CDs take longer to develop.

On this issue, it's whatever to me.
Arsenal gets relegated; Arteta stays as manager; Saliba, Guen, AMN, Nelson, Balogun, Pepe, ESR leaves Arsenal; Willian, Luiz, Cedric, Xhaka, stays; Ceballos Loan extended 1-year; Layvin Kurzawa signs.

@al-Ustaadh: On this issue, it's whatever to me.

Malky

Established Member
Yeah, what Xhaka did the other week was FAR worse than what Guendouzi did, and there will be no consequences for his actions. Hell Tierney did something similar after the Leeds game I think, and he was actually praised for it.
Exactly. Where's the demand for a public apology from Xhaka, been weeks since the game, Pepe and Gabriel both apologised, but that ****? Not a word. You just know he'll be straight back in the squad once his suspension is up, no punishment, nothing. Pepe got hung out to dry, and he even tried to throw an injured Partey under the bus, despite knowing he wasn't 100% to play.

His man management is dreadful.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The more he comes for the players the bigger the rod for his own back.

You look at Hassenhuttl when he was in a similar situation last year and he owned up to his failings and acknowledged things weren’t working.

Meanwhile Arteta is now making up stats and blaming the players for our league position. Pretty sure he’s not turning this around because he’s not blaming himself at any point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom