• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He was free, so it’s all good. Very cheap transfer lol. You gotta hand it to kia though. He saw a clown club and quickly took advantage and took care of his guys.

Raul screwed us over tbh.

Pablo Mari – another player represented by one of Sanllehi’s close associates, Arturo Canales (the man who helped bring Unai Emery to Arsenal)

I’d be interested to know how much Raul made from these transfers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Raul screwed us over tbh.

Pablo Mari – another player represented by one of Sanllehi’s close associates, Arturo Canales (the man who helped bring Unai Emery to Arsenal)

I’d be interested to know how much Raul made from these transfers.
Nah Raul did what most people in football would do. It’s a ruthless business and if you have incompetent people at the top, there will be many sharks trying to strike. We went from putting our fate on Raul a crock to another crock in edu. Atleast Raul was a crock with connections.

Polar Bear

He has been awful for us, the first game against Fulham he was good but Fulham were horrific that day and I think West Broms attack would have took them apart.

Willian is too old and finished, what a huge waste of money, we are overloaded with young promising exciting players in his position!! we had no need to waste money and wages on him, awful signing from Chelsea yet again.

He will stay until 36 no doubt and won't be able to get rid of him. Very bad signing. He won't get better, he is too old for his tricky fast feet stuff. I just don't understand this signing when we have soooooooooo many young up and coming players in his position

Whos the Aston Villa left back? is it Matt Targett? I think thats the guy.. he out paced Willian every time, every time they had a foot race he roasted Willian easily.

Last edited:

TinFish

This needs to be bumped.

He is absolutely useless. He literally offers nothing at all. I cannot fathom how once a highly rated Brazilian international takes a major U turn at Arsenal. I guess the generous contract will set him up nicely for his final 3 years... here.

...and that is the problem. He's been given a major payday for his final years. It's what a club like Everton or Bolton used to do ffs :lol:
He's lost all his passion for football after winning everything for Chelsea. You can tell his hunger and desire has gone and this fits in perfectly with the bum squad mentality further encompassing Arsenal lately.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
His decision making was never good from what I watched in Chelsea. Which is why I put question mark to those posters in here who is thinking he’s good enough to play in midfield 3.

His end product never great, always around 5-9 league goals and 7 league assists max per season. And majority his goals came from set pieces not from open play. He was never top class, just good/decent winger who can do the job for Chelsea. Nani best season with us was 10/11 with 9 league goals and 19 league assists, something Willian can dream of to reach near that numbers. I think you set your expectation to high on Willian.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
... meanwhile Mkhitaryan scores a hat-trick for Roma in Serie A. We might as well have kept him seeing the way Willian is playing right now.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Haven't we already heard this song?

What's Willian going to do or say that the coaches can't?

What is a youngster going to think after Willian goes and gives them a "great" pep talk then goes on the pitch and stinks the joint up. One, they are not going to take another word he takes seriously and two they will think about their own careers and wonder why they can't get in the team ahead of this guy

With a lot of these kids, it's in one ear and out the other. Denilson had Gilberto Silva to listen to, Bendnter had Henry and Bergkamp when he first arrived. Look at the good it did them. If a player is good enough, he'll make it regardless of whether or not he had Willian talking to him. If he isn't nothing Willian can say will make a difference.

If the value of a player is talking to the young kids on the training ground then why don't we give Roy Keane a contract so he can come over and do the same?

A player's primary responsibility should be producing on the pitch
“His value is off the pitch” :rofl:

Just like Luiz? They only say this about rubbish players :lol:

Can’t make this up.
Just bring Tony Adams or Patrick Vieira back if you want an off the pitch influence, why an old ex Chelsea player on 250k a week :rofl:

This is comedy.
Yeah but they rubbed off on RVP, Cesc and players who were receptive willing to do their best. You can't deny that. The coaches aren't always around the players individually all of the time. We haven't got a lot of experienced heads in the dressing room.

And Willian isn't playing out of his skin but he isn't playing all that bad either. People forget that the entire club is in the middle of change and transition all over while we haven't yet found the working formula. Its obvious players will have inconsistencies game to game at this point.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Other will get starts, have an average game and get dropped straight away so Willian can get back in.

It’s going to be a long season.
Yeah, a lot back peddling from all the 'he was a great acquisition' posters. @Trilly and @Rex Banter as usual giving me grief about not understanding stuff in their regular tag team attack. :lol:

He wasn't a great acquisition, he was too old for a three year contract, his wages were ridiculous, he was never a very creative player and it undermined Pepe. All these things we said, but got lectured by the 'footballing experts' on here. Some, the same posters still telling us how rubbish Arsène was.:lol:

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Online Gooner ratings:

Willian - 1 - Hopeless. Useless. Anonymous. Take your pick. A truly woeful display from the winger who offered nothing in the 65 long minutes he was on the pitch. If his recent form is anything to go by, Arsenal's decision to offer yet another lengthy deal to a 30-something-year-old will come back to bite them.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Are China still taking these washed up Brazilians?

I thought some mentioned on here that Kia would help us flog both David Luiz and Willian there.

:facepalm:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Are China still taking these washed up Brazilians?

I thought some mentioned on here that Kia would help us flog both David Luiz and Willian there.

:facepalm:

Not sure people are really wanting to go to China right now

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom