• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willy Sagnol

Adam

Established Member
Sagnol is interesting us

Link

He's quoted from the times apparently.

If we are searching - i'd happily take him or Trabelsi. Seeming we have added Spanish to the squad - perhaps also an accomplished and intelligent Italian full back would be a good option when playing European teams... we were also linked with Oddo, oddly enough.

Soler

Established Member
Re: Sagnol is interesting us

Adam said:
we were also linked with Oddo, oddly enough.

Is he any good? I've only watched Lazio for about 20 minutes this season, what a goal by Muzzi! :wink:

patrick42uk

Established Member
sagnol is a good player. what i dont like though is him potetntially unsettling lauren by suggesting we are seeking a replacement for him. i dont think wenger would be happy about that either, and it might be enough for us not to move for him.

BTW sagnol suggested last summer that the english league was basically crap and worse than the german league. he reckoned from the goals of the prem that he has seen that english clubs play forwards at the back!

arsenal4life

of course Trabelsi is better than Sagnol
Trabelsi is Arsena attitude with pace and technique and physical capabilities
beside he is free

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Sagnol is a very good solid full-back and would be a good signing. I don't know how Lauren's feeling after reading Sagnol's comments.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
sagnol is a good player. what i dont like though is him potetntially unsettling lauren by suggesting we are seeking a replacement for him.

Totally. Lauren has had his critics (me included) but lately I cannot see anyone been better than him, he is awesome at the moment.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we are searching - i'd happily take him or Trabelsi. Seeming we have added Spanish to the squad - perhaps also an accomplished and intelligent Italian full back would be a good option when playing European teams... we were also linked with Oddo, oddly enough.
Adam. Sagnol is French BTW. I think he's quite good. Great passer of the ball, whether long or short, can defend, and is reaching his prime at 27 years of age.

Adam

Established Member
loyan_said said:

Adam. Sagnol is French BTW. I think he's quite good. Great passer of the ball, whether long or short, can defend, and is reaching his prime at 27 years of age.

Lol i know. I am just thinking about adding some Italian steel for European games. This would give our defence more confidence to really snuff out the top teams attacks.

Mark

Established Member
I have a strange feeling this will end up amounting to nothing and people will forget about it. I know he's french and all, but so what? Doesn't really seem like a Wenger sort of signing. I think Trabelsi is more realistic and would be a better option anyway. Oddo also might be a good idea, as Adam says an Italian defender in the team would be really good for us in the CL.

Soler

Established Member
Defenders are different, they can play well into their mid-thirties at the highest level. At 27, Sagnol is hitting the prime of his career - just like Henry, Vieira and co. (albiet with them playing differently).

I shudder to think how good Kolo and Ash are going to be in three-four years time!

Sammer

Established Member
Sagnol is class - a class that is wasted at Bayern at this point, since they play very ordinary football at the moment.

Sagnol has it all though: very good defender, tactically complete and - like all french national team players - technically capable of launching counter attaacks from the back.

Clearly a better option than Lauren.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Sagnol won't happen. From what iv heard, hes a bit of an anelka type, which Wenger won't want again.

brianfrance

Established Member
he's a bit nervous, but respectful with his team and coach, no problem for that. Again, I say he could be an excellent Gunner

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom