• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you like some Butt?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 46
  • Views 1,730

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Butt's a good player and would probably do a better job then Gilberto imho. He's got loads of experience in Europe. For his sake I hope he ends up at a better club then Middlesbrough or Sp*rs.

IW8

JazzG said:
ruud said:
so apparently pacey and french means that he wanted another henry!? :eek:

hehe ;) The media also kinda assume anyone who has pace and is french is the next Henry............

Did you know Man utd had the chance to sign Henry? One of your scouts went over to have a look at him but decided he was too raw and didn't bother. I bet Fergie has kicked a boot or two at that scout ;)

Actually I did know about Fergie, and was about to say the same thing. If I had been Ferguson I would have kept my mouth shut about dismissing TH14 as "raw" talent, as it just highlighted Le Boss's ability to nuture "raw" talent into a footballer who is arguably the best in the world.

As for the original question, we don't need Butt what we should be looking for is a partner/understudy for TH14. However, I'm not going to say who I think it should be, I'll leave it for AW to surprise us all. The reason being that I was one of those who was surprised when AFC let Upson go, and raised my eyebrows very high when I saw the name Toure in defence. :eek:ops: Just goes to show what I know, and why I'm writing on this forum and AW is managing AFC :lol:

Andrew

Adam said:
Andrew is right when he says Ferguson relied on reputation when buying Kleberson. Hence why he always talks about how the Brazil coach said this and that about him.

Yeah, and I remember Ferguson saying about how Kleberson was really the holding midfielder (or something along those lines) for Brazil... which is not true at all. Gilberto is the holding midfielder while Kleberson seems typically Brazilian. We all thought that he was a defensive midfielder but he definitely seems more attacking. I really don't think Ferguson himself knew all that much about him.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom