• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you want to replace Vieira with Gerrard ?

Would you wanna sell Vieira and get Gerrard ?

• Yes - Gerrard is younger, it will be a fresh new change, and he can give more to the side

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Patrick is the better defensive midfielder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Patrick will not leave Arsenal. I am 97% sure of it. But as we all know, anything is possible in football.

2 VERY interesting things i read today ...

1. Vieira has a clause in his contract which forces Arsenal to accept any offer that is 30 million pounds or above.

2. Arsène plans on splashing out the 30 mill we'r supposedly getting from Madrid if they buy him - on STEVEN GERRARD.

Once again, this will not happen. But i couldnt help asking myself if i would want Gerrard to replace Vieira. I mean, at the end of the day Real could make an offer we cant refuse ..... and you cant deny that Gerrard is class....

IMO Gerrard is the perfect replacement for Vieira. If we dont accept Madrid's offer then we will probarly never have a chance of getting him .....

I dunno, there's nothing more interesting happening in the football world so we might aswell debate this ....

It wont happen - but what do you think ? would you want it to happen ?

SuperBob

IMO Vieira is irreplacable he's our captain ... What message would this send out to the fans and the players? And i seriously don't think Gerrard could replace Vieira anyway. Noone can.

A

Anonymous

If vieira really wanted to be a greedy bastard and leave us, then there is nothing the club can do, thus it doesnt give a bad image to the fans. What the club would have to do is replace him, and to be honest i think gerrard would be a great replacement. He is a top player and not yet even near his peak, wenger could make him amazing. Vieira i do not want to leave, but he is getting older, maybe in 2 years time we might want to take the money if he still continues to get involved in these rumours. The smartest thing for him to do is just say to Madrid "i dont want to leave arsenal so go away", has he done that? Do you think secretly he is considering an eventual move away from higbury? I trust most the arsenal players but i feel vieira is the one who would leave us for more money.

KingReyes

Established Member
I would only sell Vieira if someone better was on the market. I just don't think Steve Gerrard is better yetr he could be. However I feel Vieira's relationship with the other players like Pires and Titi and with Wenger means that he is far more important/better in more ways than just skill.

jeromelee

I really doubt any sane gooner would want to swap Vieira with Gerrard. Vieira have been our captain for years and have done a wonderful job motivating the youngsters and attracting young stars to join us. He's a great leader and have great vision as well.

His style of play suits Arsenal so much better than Gerrard's. Paddy is more adapt at close control and tight passing while Gerrard excel's in long crosses and deep passes. But with Gerrard's style of play, it really doesn't suit Arsenal's game plan. You will notice that when Arsenal start playing their long balls into the box they seldom win them cause we're not strong in the air despite having really tall players. We're more a close control and quick passing team unlike liverpool that love the English tradition of running with the ball and making deep passes to the striker to hold.

To play Gerrard beside Paddy is a great idea cause between them, so many attacking and defending options becomes available to us, but to replace one with the other will not carry Arsenal any further than it already has gone. May even be a step backwards.

I think this annual "Vieira is leaving" bug is really causing people to not think straight. Come on guys, why would Vieira who have contribute so much to rebuilding our club suddenly choose to leave when he could've done that years ago for more money but instead he chooses to extend his contract last year? And what will 30 mil pounds do for Arsenal? Gerrard has already said he won't leave. So who will replace paddy?

So I don't think he'll leave nor do I believe Arsenal will sell him for any amount of money. Paddy is irreplaceable in Arsenal.

beanz

I can't believe anyone has voted for Gerrard, surely this is the biggest no-brainer going amonst a plethora of silly season questions; shall we, shan't we, will we won't we, DOH :roll:

patrick42uk

Established Member
gerrard is not in vieira's league. so often vieira has made gerrard and indeed any english midfielder he has faced, look pretty average. i doubt there is an english player out there who could replace him

calvinngai88

maybe when Vieira gets old.. like 33 or 34. Gerrard would be 27 28? Then maybe it would be great if we get him. But by then, Gerrard's price may have shot up or there would be other younger and better choices to choose.

flash

irreplaceable? I hate that word. IS any 1 player bigger than our club?
In Spain Is any 1 player bigger than Madrid?
In Manc Land is any 1 man player than Manyoo?

We are moving on 60,000 seater staduim in 2 years we will be one of the top 5 clubs in the world if we have not already done so.

If any one is 'irreplaceable' that would be Wenger...even so there will be others who can bring us success.

I dont want to loose Paddy as there is not a better player in the world in him postion WE HAVE SEEN...

who knows what Gem of a player wenger may unearth?
At the end of the day if Paddy is not commited to us there is nothing we can do except to trust Wenger

A

Anonymous

gosh y r u so fickle
u complain that players dont show loyalty but u dont show and loyalty to the players

westo

How many times has Gerrard bossed the midfeild when he has played against Vieira, none. Vieira is the best defensive midfeilder in the world. We need him.

Mark

Established Member
Vieira is much better than Gerrard and more importantly, he ISN'T going. Not to Madrid, not to Chelsea, nowhere. He's staying here, all these stories in the papers are unreliable and are just there to unsettle us. We should learn to ignore them.

TRUE GUNNER

vieira is our man no one can replace him, he is arsenal. He loves the club and i dont think hes in it just for the money, you look his performances have been outstanding last year, ok he needs to get some more goals but by the end of last season he was getting on the score sheet quite alot. When i see vieira playing for us he seems to be having so much fun and the bond he and the team have is irreplacable and i dont think he would want to walk away from that.

He should take note of what manu petit said, "leaving arsenal was the biggest mistake of his life" and also overmars, anelka etc, when someone leaves arsenal the form completely dips and that would happen to vieira if he left.

A

Anonymous

ask a better question, if Vieria goes would you want Gerrard as the replacement.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom