• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

wright-philips to the Arse'

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 1,884
A

Anonymous

what do you guys think?

getting wright-philips inexchange for pennant as i do not think pennant would be a regular

sabret00the

Established Member
pennant is proving just how good he is, if we were to get right phillips, i would only really support it if we let Freddie go and alternated between the two young brits.

ps. this is already kinda in existence in rumours. maybe a mod should merge em.

the dawn raids

Established Member
id be all for it, but where do you put him? behind freddie?

im not so sure SWP would be too keen on sitting on the bench if he could stay at City and play; hes just starting to break through the England squad; the last thing hed want is to not play.

AfC_li4nGht

I'm against this idea... Anyone with me? Pennant is just as good as SWP... Well in a multi-talented squad like arsenal... Even talents like pennant cannot displace Ljungberg... Can SWP does wat pennant can't? He will probably still having the role of pennant... Pennant will have his chance

In my Opinion Pennant are better... & he had sttle quite well to our play already... SWP is smaller built so pennant haf his upperhand... the rest its all about the same...

Somebody might say pennant's attitude... but he has changed if u notice...

If SWP to play Right back position... I'm for it... For right wing... y waste $$$ :angel

Piston Broke

AfC_li4nGht said:
Pennant is just as good as SWP...

Agreed i really don't think their is much differance between the two of them i hope pennant gets more of a chance this year & he will prove his Worth

sabret00the

Established Member
AfC_li4nGht said:
I'm against this idea... Anyone with me? Pennant is just as good as SWP... Well in a multi-talented squad like arsenal... Even talents like pennant cannot displace Ljungberg... Can SWP does wat pennant can't? He will probably still having the role of pennant... Pennant will have his chance

In my Opinion Pennant are better... & he had sttle quite well to our play already... SWP is smaller built so pennant haf his upperhand... the rest its all about the same...

Somebody might say pennant's attitude... but he has changed if u notice...

If SWP to play Right back position... I'm for it... For right wing... y waste $$$ :angel
he was originally a right back ;)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, i wouldnt say that Pennant is as good as SWP, but the difference isnt great enough to displace Freddie on his current form...

JP can clearly play in the EPL, and would probably be doing just as well playing for a poorere team such as ManCity as SWP does.. he was one of Leeds best players last season....

A.Hussain

the reason why i feel that if SWP comes to arsenal he will play rb is because that is what wenger was gonna do with angulo this summer. as a part winger part striker, angulo agreed to the idea of playing rb for arsenal, but then chickened out on the culture adaptation part.

SWP is also a right winger and so was lauren. only time will tell. ash is also a former striker now lb.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, here's the problem with SWP playng RB for Arsenal... at the times that Lauren was being converted and Cole was younger, we were not the team we are now.. at this point, we cant take the chance on a defensive layer "trying out" a different position like we did back then... we're almost too big a club to do that now..

A.Hussain

then why do you think wenger was moving for angulo this summer? he even said that angulo agreed to play rb for arsenal.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
personally, i want pennant to stay for 2 more years. he definitely has the potential to be much better than freddie and his new attitude is highly impressive. i think we should keep him and give him a chance to develop with us.

kutz

A.Hussain said:
then why do you think wenger was moving for angulo this summer? he even said that angulo agreed to play rb for arsenal.

Are you sure he said that? Can you give us a quote? I never heard anything like that....

AFCG7

Established Member
THats nonsense.. Wenger signing Angulo to play RB..thats the most ridiculous statement.. Angulo could never play RB..there is just no way Wenger would be that stupid.

hesham

Established Member
im a big fan of SWP and think he would be a great buy.. although it would prsctically end Pennants career with arsenal.. but i think SWP has the potensial to be a GREAT player

Mark

Established Member
I never read anything about Angulo playing RB. That's madness. He is far too old to start playing in a position he never played in in his whole career. He was going to fill in at RM and upfront.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wright Phillips, IMO, is an extraordinary talent, but so is pennant.

I really really think pennant has what it takes to really make an impact on the premiership this season. I've seen him quite a few times for the England Under 21's and i tell you what, he can be as lethal as thierry when he's up for it.

No, thats not an exhaguration. The boy is multi talented and getting SWP before giving pennant a chance to shine is just a waste of money i reckon. If he does not live up to expectations, then by all means, get SWP - but not before giving jermaine a chance, definately not.

Canuck

Established Member
I'd have to support Pennant in this argument. He hasn't shown his full potential playing for Arsenal yet. Last season did him good to be at Leeds and he was one of their better players. SWP is def. a good player and I'd love to have him at Arsenal but not at the expense of dropping Pennant or Freddie...

Mark

Established Member
JR2004, Under-21 level is different to regular Premiership and Champions League football.

I'd be happy for him to be given a chance to prove himself, but I just don't think he will. I hope he can prove me wrong though.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom