• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
There haven't been many mentions of a transfer fee which probably means that it isn't very high. Wages though... he better take a huge pay cut.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Honestly though, the only people in the English press you should listen to are BBC which for us is Ornstein, and Balague who since Raul joined has got pretty much everything right.

I can't remember who it was but I listened to an interview with an old presser who said he used to bring a bottle of something to the club and someone would feed them some info. Better times.

lucky7

I can't remember who it was but I listened to an interview with an old presser who said he used to bring a bottle of something to the club and someone would feed them some info. Better times.
Now we have fake cousin's reporting news. So really this is the golden age.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There haven't been many mentions of a transfer fee which probably means that it isn't very high. Wages though... he better take a huge pay cut.
He’s only on £170k a week there apparently. Not that bad at all if he takes a cut.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He’ll probably take a pay cut to get back to Europe as well.
Makes me wonder what he was doing there in the first place. I’m pretty sure Graziano Pelle for example earns close to 300k there...

He could have got 120-150k at another European club and increased his stock rather than just wasting a couple years in China.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Makes me wonder what he was doing there in the first place. I’m pretty sure Graziano Pelle for example earns close to 300k there...

He could have got 120-150k at another European club and increased his stock rather than just wasting a couple years in China.
I think the answer is pretty clear there, he's on much more money than that.

But I'm sure he'll accept a pay cut if it means getting back to a European top club.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

It was a complicated situation that took him there. He had a falling out with Simeone. The owner of the Chinese team also owns part of Atletico and paved the way for the transfer. Because he went to China, where the window was open, he was able to leave in Atletico in February and not wait for the summer window.

As for his wages in China, all the reports at the time of the transfer had him making about £170,000 a week (the Chinese Super League had already implemented new rules to reign in spending, so players aren't making such easy money there as they were).

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/wiki/transfer-reliability-guide#wiki_transfer_reliability_guide

Transfer Reliability Guide
Tier Source
0 Arsenal.com

1 David Ornstein, BBC Sport

2 Gianluca Di Marzio, Amy Lawrence, James Olley, Chris Wheatley, Charles Watts, Mohamed Bouhafsi, Raphael Honigstein, The Guardian, Bild

3 Jeremy Wilson, Guillem Balague, James Benge, Andy Burton, Kaveh Solhekol, Mark Ogden, The Independent, The Times, El Confidencial, The Telegraph

4 Sky Sports, Kike Marin, John Cross, Nicolo Schira, Daily Mail, Goal, Marca, JOE.co.uk, Daily Express, The Mirror, Mundo Deportivo, BBC Gossip, Bleacher Report, AS, Metro, SportBild, football.london, Caught Offside, HITC (Here Is The City), 90Min, Sport

One thing to note about how the reddit system works. It's like a league system where you vote to bump up or down a tier. You cannot jump more than 1 tier per year. This is why Balaque is only tier 3 and not higher.

The tier's are entirely determined by the users taking a poll at the end of each season. (userbase is 122k hypothetically)
gKdhE8y

Interesting and useful list. It probably should be pinned somewhere for easy reference.

I think we can safely move Balague up a tier on our own list for Arsenal news. I think it's pretty obvious that he's been clued in much better since the moment Sanllehi joined the club (and there's probably no better source to have at the moment). Following Ornstein should be interesting this summer. He'll be absolutely reliable and won't be writing crap, but he seems a bit less sure about things since Gazidis left (I've long suspected Gazidis was his source). So he may not be quite the declarative authority he's been (i.e., a sort of unofficial club mouthpiece). This summer should tell.

One thing I thought was interesting is that Charles Watts (whose work I like) is in Tier 2, but both of the publications for which he's written this past year (Goal and Football London) are in Tier 4. Just goes to show you that sometimes it's not as much the publication as the person.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Testing: Keep keep Keep keep

Ha, I typed Keep Cell (with S) Keep Cell (With S) :lol:

This happened to me yesterday when I was writing something that had absolutely nothing to do with a transfer and because it wouldn't let me have the right word it made no sense at all.

(I know. I usually make no sense at all. You don't have to say it. :D)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Who cares. A top player playing at 50% in China is my kinda player. Plenty left in the old tank.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom