• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
That didn't stop psg, man city, Leipzig, salzburg red bull or any of the big Turkish teams or Russian teams that get funded by rich people.

I repeat there is no such a thing called ffp that actually works in the real life.

Some clubs manage to skirt FFP rules through semi-incestuous sponsorship deals -- City with The Etihad, for example, which is kind of, sort of connected to their owner. Of course City also got money and spent like a drunken sailor for a few years before FFP came around, thereby increasing their revenue stream (and thus their ability to spend more legally).

FFP has sort of entrenched the big clubs though because when you can only spend what your club generates through revenue and player sales, the big clubs will always be able to outspend the smaller ones.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wow. how are they getting £20m for that bum. 7 goals last season.

Meanwhile we get less for Ospina, Elneny and Perez combined who are mostly Ings level players.

I swear something dodgy is going on between Liverpool and Sotton, they get their best players and then sell them back poverty for high prices.
Ings is pretty good, levels above guys like El Neny and Perez. Only 26 too. 20M is a decent price.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ings is pretty good, levels above guys like El Neny and Perez. Only 26 too. 20M is a decent price.
We'd get 10m for Ings imo.

Lets see how much we get for the likes of Mustafi and Chambers, I'm praying we're no longer donkeys at selling players.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Would be happy if we sign him but we need another type of Winger in the Zaha mould.

Goonerboy_1989

I went to the same school as Danny Ings, he was he a couple of years below me. I used to play with him and against him at Netley recreation ground back in the day... He is a good player, he's just been unlucky with injuries.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How good is he? His best season was 2014/15 with 16 goal contributions, then 2016/17 with 14 goal contributions. Isn't it a slight worry if a 25 year old's best season was 5 years ago?

Not saying he can't go on to have a great career, just it sort of looks like he hasn't been doing much since he broke through at Monaco.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Another mercenary, that's exactly what this club needs now... Maybe he's good at Fortnite so he can fit in quickly.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Another signing who will be coming on high wages. In excess of 120k a week. Is he that good? Probably not. Ambitious. Going to China at 22-23. Probably not overly.

Much prefer someone else.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Would prefer Fraser, I've got a lot of questions about Carrasco's mentality, at least with Fraser you'll know he gives everything every single game.

I mean Carrasco wasn't even THAT impressive at Atletico, even so going to China in your prime is very questionable. Don't really want a mercenary.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
120k a week is peanuts these days

Not for someone who has question marks over his ambition and ability.

Like below says if we could get Fraser for similar money and lower wages, with premier league experience id see that as a better option with someone like Nelson given a run as our "hug the touchline" winger.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Fraser and Carrasco are two very different players, tactically those are different paths.
I dont judge his transfer to China

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

People can question his mentality but if he's willing to take a pay cut just to come back to European football then he's still got some drive in him. Hopefully.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People can question his mentality but if he's willing to take a pay cut just to come back to European football then he's still got some drive in him. Hopefully.

But is it because he has a drive to enhance his career or because China is a less desirable place to live than say London. It isn't a huge risk if it's in around the 20m ball park. He is young enough to sell on if it doesn't work out.

Just want us to get the business done early.

KJSB97

From my understanding, there are no real issues with his mentality. There was a lot of speculation that he had a fall out with Simeone but no real evidence to back the claims up. It's important to remember that Diego Costa rejoined Atleti the window he was sold and Vitolo the summer before that which made him somewhat surplus to requirements.

As for going to China in his prime, it's likely that the move was the only offer he had on the table at the time and realistically, who wouldn't move if you could improve your wages and get guaranteed playing time. This doesn't mean he's a bad player or lacks commitment. IIRC Auba was twice close to a move to China before signing for us and there was reports that he was detrimental to the morale at Dortmund. Fast forward 18 months and he is one of our most committed players and he has done wonders for the dressing room morale.

The guy changed the game in a CL final, ripped us at the Emirates and was even handy as a wing back at the WC last year. Fraser is good and I still wouldn't mind him but there's levels.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

But is it because he has a drive to enhance his career or because China is a less desirable place to live than say London. It isn't a huge risk if it's in around the 20m ball park. He is young enough to sell on if it doesn't work out.

Just want us to get the business done early.

You could argue that, but he also know's especially with the PL, the intensity and pressure that comes with it. He could just continue being the best in some dead league.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

From my understanding, there are no real issues with his mentality. There was a lot of speculation that he had a fall out with Simeone but no real evidence to back the claims up. It's important to remember that Diego Costa rejoined Atleti the window he was sold and Vitolo the summer before that which made him somewhat surplus to requirements.

As for going to China in his prime, it's likely that the move was the only offer he had on the table at the time and realistically, who wouldn't move if you could improve your wages and get guaranteed playing time. This doesn't mean he's a bad player or lacks commitment. IIRC Auba was twice close to a move to China before signing for us and there was reports that he was detrimental to the morale at Dortmund. Fast forward 18 months and he is one of our most committed players and he has done wonders for the dressing room morale.

The guy changed the game in a CL final, ripped us at the Emirates and was even handy as a wing back at the WC last year. Fraser is good and I still wouldn't mind him but there's levels.

He quit on the team in his final season with us, worst case was the must win game vs Qarabag. Guy didn’t even bother and we ended up getting eliminated from the CL.

I’d have reservations about bringing him back.

KJSB97

He quit on the team in his final season with us, worst case was the must win game vs Qarabag. Guy didn’t even bother and we ended up getting eliminated from the CL.

I’d have reservations about bringing him back.

Fair point. I've stated my views from an outside looking in approach so there could be some truth to the rift with Simeone stories, or maybe even the China offer was already on the table and he had his heart set on making some cash, who knows.

Either way, if it is believed that he's willing to take a pay cut and is desperate to come to the PL, it seems as though he may have learned his lesson and turned a corner mentally. It's an opportunistic signing where he could light it up for us or just be another Mkhi/Özil. Personally, I think it's worth the risk.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Any amounts being quoted? It's a story that's everywhere however a ball park figure hasn't really been thrown about. Somewhere between 20-30m is likely.

If we were able to get him, Praet (not sure he's good enough) and Andersen that would be some significant business done relatively early.

Then hopefully nick 2 younger players like Alexis and Saliba.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom