• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yeremy Pino

Which winger would you prefer?

• Total voters

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Let me preface this by saying I think our cover on the wings is fine, and I'm much more worried about our thin coverage in midfield. Wish the leadership would focus on that position first.

I didn't know the guy, so I went to check his stats and a couple of videos on Youtube. Of course, I can't judge too definitively and people who have seen more of him on here seem to rate him, but I don't see the 'future worldbeater' talent in him (yet). Of course, the young debut age for the national team is a big indicator, especially for a country like Spain and he might develop into a great winger. However, we have three projects on the wings as is. If we do go for a winger, I would go for one with more experience and immediate impact. Otherwise, what are we doing with Smith-Rowe and Martinelli? Competition is good, but it has to be the right mix of players. He looks kind of similar to Martinelli to me.

€45m+ for a player with one season under his belt, mediocre stats and a similar profile to a current player seems risky even in the best of cases.

I watched the Wolves - Leeds game, and Neto (who is a couple of years older and has PL-experience) looked dangerous. I think he would fit the bill better.

Also haven't seen much of Diaby, but I was pleasantly surprised when I watched his Youtube videos. Thought he was mostly a pace merchant (based on Fifa stats, to be fair) and I liked his eye for a pass, good cross and a clean and direct dribble. Seems the better option as well.

Interesting, to me it's the opposite. Numbers wise, we have 6/7 guys that can play in the 3 midfield positions, and out wide we gave 3/4 depending on Pepe's situation. We really only have 2 "out and out" wide players that Arteta trusts in Martinelli and Saka. If one of them goes down we lose a huge amount, I think we look miles better with the pace out wide.

Agree on Diaby though, out of all the wide players we have been linked to, to me he looks the best. Fast, agile, good shot, looks to have good decision making. Also capped for France and Dechamps can spot a player.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Interesting, to me it's the opposite. Numbers wise, we have 6/7 guys that can play in the 3 midfield positions, and out wide we gave 3/4 depending on Pepe's situation. We really only have 2 "out and out" wide players that Arteta trusts in Martinelli and Saka. If one of them goes down we lose a huge amount, I think we look miles better with the pace out wide.

Agree on Diaby though, out of all the wide players we have been linked to, to me he looks the best. Fast, agile, good shot, looks to have good decision making. Also capped for France and Dechamps can spot a player.
Well, quality wise I would agree with you that we could improve on the wings. Could definitely use one more quality body there. However, we do have quality cover with Vieira and Smith-Rowe and as long as we have Pepe he's an emergency option (ideally I would replace him with a player who does have a future under Arteta, but until that happens...). Moreover, I don't think a 19 y.o. talented winger with barely a season under his belt is the right supplement to our current batch. Lastly, I see he has talent based on his YouTube videos, but I don't see future world beater, 50m+ talent (if he does come I do hope to be proven wrong, of course).

I trust our back-up midfielders less than the players I mentioned above, and given the lack of incoming funds I'm going by the assumption we can afford only one more major signing.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well, quality wise I would agree with you that we could improve on the wings. Could definitely use one more quality body there. However, we do have quality cover with Vieira and Smith-Rowe and as long as we have Pepe he's an emergency option (ideally I would replace him with a player who does have a future under Arteta, but until that happens...). Moreover, I don't think a 19 y.o. talented winger with barely a season under his belt is the right supplement to our current batch. Lastly, I see he has talent based on his YouTube videos, but I don't see future world beater, 50m+ talent (if he does come I do hope to be proven wrong, of course).

I trust our back-up midfielders less than the players I mentioned above, and given the lack of incoming funds I'm going by the assumption we can afford only one more major signing.

I think it's more a style thing on the wings. We look so much better with Saka and Maritnelli out wide, as opposed to ESR. The team just looks so much better with that type of player out wide. If one of them goes down, the way the team plays breaks down more than if ElNeny/Lokonga ect come in imo.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Just by judging on youtube, this guy is like Jesus Navas. And shocking.... Arteta worked with Navas for 2 years at City.

Not gonna lie, he does look good on the wings but I'm not so sure why we are stacking so much young talents on the wing. Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Marquinhos while also have Pepe.

Should we not focus on the number 6 and 8 on which Lokonga and Elneny are our back-ups?
I don't know where that comparison comes in. Navas was a one footed road runner. Pino is two footed, slower, much more comfortable playing infield, better in small spaces and a better finisher. Not as good a crosser

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Assisted the winning goal yesterday, dribble past a player and a good pass to the middle.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seems to be a quality winger with a bit of flare. Can read opposition’s defense, the movement of his fellow attackers while carry the ball at pace. Good working ethics when off the ball. He could have scored a few more but young talent often comes with some rawness in areas. He will give Pepe competition. I don’t mind his addition even if Pepe’s situation remains unresolved.

Keplaz

Marquinhos won’t get a sniff in if we sign Pino. But I have to say it’s a mouthwatering prospect to have Martinelli/ESR and Saka/Pino for the wings. Young but so much quality already aside from the obvious heaps of potential for their age.

It’d mean loaning/selling Pepe/Nelson/Marquinos though.
Saka is the new left 8. And Pino starting winger. ESR/Pepe/Marquinhos as back up. Tielemans for the 6 maybe? I think Saka is moving inside at some point soon. But meh. I wouldn't put money on it.

Finesse

The investment is too high for a position we already have covered. Saka and Vieira can play the RW. If we need a proper winger , then I would rather we get the kid Marquinhos to fill in for that role. There is something about him. Strong , stocky , low gravity and has a fight in him. As for the skillset , he is very good with the ball and can dribble and use space better. I would concentrate on a player who can deputise or challenge Partey in the midfield !

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom