• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoann Gourcuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostarac

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
Never ever heard of him :shock:
For those who know about this guy, what makes him so damn special?

Probably his technical abilities. I remember watching Gourcuff play last summer in the U-19(?) European Championship along with Diaby, Gourcuff was not bad in that tournament, but Diaby impressed me more. But, I watched him play against Lyon a couple of weeks ago, and he was excellent. The Lyon-defenders did not know what to do, and he made a fool out of them with his technical abilities.

Saville

South_London_SW2 said:
aint you got school saville.

i would really like yoann to come he is a top talent

should you been on old people's home your bout 76.. :? by the way...easter holidays :D so fu*k off!

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
With Arsenal defending a 2-0 lead from last week's exhilarating first leg against the Italian champions, both players are regarded as vital to the chances of qualifying for the last four of the European Cup for the first time. Fabregas is still a teenager, of course, and Eboué is just 22, and yesterday it emerged that Arsenal are continuing their aggressive policy of recruiting the best young talent from across Europe by pursuing their interest in French midfielder Yoann Gourcuff.

The exciting 19-year-old, who plays for Stade Rennes, was again watched by Arsenal scout - and former player - Gilles Grimandi on Sunday at his club's league match away to Toulouse. Gourcuff, an attacking, right-sided player, who can operate in midfield or up front, was again in impressive form in the victory and has been tracked for some time by Wenger, who is hoping to close a deal in the summer.

Gourcuff has just one more year on his contract at Rennes and is likely to leave in the summer. Arsenal face stiff competition from a host of clubs in Italy and France, especially Monaco, who have held talks with the French under-21 international and shown him around their training ground. Indeed, Arsenal's opponents tomorrow, Juventus, are also among Gourcuff's suitors, along with Milan, although Wenger's impressive record of recruiting players from Ligue 1 should not be discounted.
From the Independent's website.

Guillermo

GoonerGurjit said:
If we sign Gourcuff, then surely that means Wenger sees Walcott as a forward and not a winger.
Perhaps, or there is the possibility of playing either man on the left, depite them being right-footed.

I've not knowingly seen him play, though reports sound promising. The fact that he has one year left on his contract is encouraging.

nazo

Established Member
Isn't his name Yohann?
About the Walcott thing, can't Walcott play on the left too?

Reyes(9)

There was a thread about this player couple of weeks ago ..If Milan and Juve want this player that shows that he's a very good player ..If Arsène want's to bring him ..He'll bring him ..because he's french :p ..

longrufus

Established Member
From what i've seen of him, he looks a very good young player, great technically, and bags of ability. He seems to be on the move in the summer, and i think we may be the destination. We have a lot of pull at the minute with young players, Wenger, Henry and a new stadium is hard to turn down. Without mentioning young players know they will get there chance. Hopefully another gem.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
From today's News of the World:

Wenger has already earmarked his next transfer targets. He hopes to beat Juventus and AC Milan to sign 19-year-old Rennes midfield wonder-kid Yoann Gourcuff. And he sees Le Mans’ 6ft 4in Le Mans keeper Yoann Pele, 23, as the long-term replacement for Jens Lehmann.

Highbury scout Gilles Grimandi has already sounded out Gourcuff about a move to Highbury.

A Rennes official confirmed: "Yoann was approached after the club's game in Toulouse.

"It was an Arsenal representative who wanted to discuss the player's opinion of going to England.

"His contract ends at the end of next season and his future hasn't been decided yet.

"We cannot do anything about him leaving if the offer is right."

Amadeor

I've heard that he is a fan of Spanish football. But I'm convinced that AW can get him. With TH, the new stadium, the French influence, the young team, the CL success, and of course his good friend Diaby, with whom he won the European U19 cup in the summer.

longrufus

Established Member
Move looks promising in my opinion, i expect him to come to arsenal in the summer. As Amedeor pointed out, arsenal have a lot of pull at the minute when it comes to young players.

The latest news...

Highbury scout Gilles Grimandi has already sounded out Gourcuff about a move to Highbury.

A Rennes official confirmed: "Yoann was approached after the club's game in Toulouse.

"It was an Arsenal representative who wanted to discuss the player's opinion of going to England.

"His contract ends at the end of next season and his future hasn't been decided yet.

"We cannot do anything about him leaving if the offer is right."

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
if AW is truly interested in him, he could get him.. a young French lad being lauded by a team on the upswing, moving into a new great stadium and having Thierry Henry on the tea (assuming he stays) and also a team showing that younger players get their chance...

of course, he plays on the right.. what would that mean for Freddie & Hleb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom