• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoann Gourcuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerome2158

Established Member
from the UEFA rules:

Rule 18.07 states that if a player features in the first, second or third qualifying rounds of either the Champions League or Europa League, he can play for another club in either competition from the group stages onwards, provided his former employers do not reach the group stages themselves.

So basically we'd need Lyon to lose the qualifier, and right now things aren't looking great for them.

Also worth noting that Gourcuff has been playing quite well today...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Quicker than Walcott said:
Sick of it. Even if we somehow, by miracle, signed a first-rate player or two in the next 11 days, I still wouldn't be wholly satisfied because it would have been a result of panicking and having NO GAME PLAN (metaphorically) as usual.
That's the thing. How do we now whether it was always going to be this late into the window before we were going to buy? We know we were after Suarez and would have spent £40m on him had it been possible.

Would we still be looking around had we won our first game and not suffered a few injuries? I say yes, we would be.

Does it look like panic if you're still going through bins with a week to go until the deadline, having not yet signed anyone? Always. You alwsy look desperate when you sign players this late, and it always seems like panic, even if that was always the plan. I don't believe we've made serious efforts to sign anyone other than Suarez tbh.

trunks206

Established Member
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has confirmed Yoann Gourcuff will not be sold this season following the France international's impressive start to the campaign.

Gourcuff, 27, had been touted as a potential summer departure from the Stade de Gerland after failing to deliver on promise suggested by the €22 million fee Lyon paid Bordeaux for him in 2010.

With OL hoping to cut costs to ease their financial worries, the former Rennes and AC Milan man's €6.4 million annual salary - the highest of any Frenchman in Ligue 1 - also came into consideration.

However, despite reported interest from Arsenal, for whom Gourcuff was willing to reduce his wages, Atletico Madrid and Monaco, the playmaker has remained at OL, and having provided two goals and as many assists in three

Ligue 1 games this season, he remains a key part of coach Remi Garde's plans for the campaign.

"I met Yoann recently, and he is and always has been completely part of the squad," Aulas told the press. "He's been one of the best elements since the start of the season. I know that he's been through a rough patch.

"As of now he's going to show the immense qualities that brought him to Lyon have not disappeared. Sometimes things start very quickly and other times it's a little slower. But regardless, he'll be with us this season."

<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1536166/reported-arsenal-target-yoann-gourcuff-remain-lyon?cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/15361 ... on?cc=5901</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*pheeeew* Thank god. One less chance of Arsène signing an underwhelming player.

Anzac

Established Member
trunks206 said:
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has confirmed Yoann Gourcuff will not be sold this season following the France international's impressive start to the campaign.

Gourcuff, 27, had been touted as a potential summer departure from the Stade de Gerland after failing to deliver on promise suggested by the €22 million fee Lyon paid Bordeaux for him in 2010.

With OL hoping to cut costs to ease their financial worries, the former Rennes and AC Milan man's €6.4 million annual salary - the highest of any Frenchman in Ligue 1 - also came into consideration.

However, despite reported interest from Arsenal, for whom Gourcuff was willing to reduce his wages, Atletico Madrid and Monaco, the playmaker has remained at OL, and having provided two goals and as many assists in three

Ligue 1 games this season, he remains a key part of coach Remi Garde's plans for the campaign.

"I met Yoann recently, and he is and always has been completely part of the squad," Aulas told the press. "He's been one of the best elements since the start of the season. I know that he's been through a rough patch.

"As of now he's going to show the immense qualities that brought him to Lyon have not disappeared. Sometimes things start very quickly and other times it's a little slower. But regardless, he'll be with us this season."

<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1536166/reported-arsenal-target-yoann-gourcuff-remain-lyon?cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/15361 ... on?cc=5901</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*pheeeew* Thank god. One less chance of Arsène signing YET ANOTHER underwhelming player.

Fixed. :wink:

23AndreyArshavin

Established Member
Another transfer window, another Gourcuff rumour :lol:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-ol-discussion-lyon-arsenal-pour-gourcuff131933" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.le10sport.com/football/merca ... cuff131933</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Every f**king transfer window, The Media need to give up we will never sign him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Always felt Wenger would have got Gourcuff performing at a high level again, still do, but I don't see where he fits in anymore.

Grenier is the one we should go for if we're looking at Lyon, magical at times.

Anzac

Established Member
Lyon are supposedly in financial trouble & over 50m in debt which incurs FFP type penalties in France. As a result of AW's comments (re clubs in financial trouble & bargains), there was an article earlier in the week linking us to Lacazette as a Walcott replacement, so they've probably simply continued on a theme re financial difficulties and players etc.

Just waiting for the links/speculation re Gomis.

I'd rather we went after Gonalons.

Gervais

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2546624/Arsenal-ante-big-sign-Yoann-Gourcuff-Wenger-eyes-alternative-Julian-Draxler.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... axler.html</a>

:lol:

Definitely my favourite all time rumour. Up there with Trabelsi and Cañizares.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I hate it when I see this thread near the top. Surely even The Mail know this wont happen!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Alternative to Draxler? Don't know where the DM get that from. Reading that story, you would think a deal is on the brink.

silent_shadow

Established Member
We've already had the Kalou link, I think. Now Gourcoff, Just need someone to say we're going after Frey and the transfer window will be complete.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
I won't lie, I've never wanted Gourcouff because I feared he'd kill Rosicky's career here.

Turns out Rosicky's better.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Yoann Gourcuff is like a member of The Saturdays. Great to look at, but scoring will be virtually impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom