• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yohann Pelé

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 204
  • Views 9,097

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Eezyprogress said:
Why is there another thread on this?

I'm sure that this has been done before.
If you look carefully you'd see this thread is more than a month old and not a new one.

Eezyprogress

And if you also looked you would also see that this has been on here prior to that, which is the point that I am alluding to.

KlurgsSporg

i live between London and Klemingsburg due to work i was born in england but i lived in france for 8 years in Calais i also like to watch Valenciens not a hardcore supporter though and i can see more french football now we are in ligue 1

Pele is a awsome keeper i rate him well over Isakson he is still young but could be 1st team regular id expect a keeper in January so say 6months in reserves and on the bench following season number 1

Asterix

Established Member
Eezyprogress said:

Yes - there is another active thread about five pages back - most people only look about 3 pages back (if that) before creating a new thread. But as our merge function is still AWOL, this one stands. And fabtastic is right - there was a lot of discussion in the GK poll thread.

Now, since I haven't done this for a while, I'm going to post the data from my research project. Ahem ......

184cm - Iker Casillas, Silvio Proto, Mickael Landreau
185 - Sebastian Viera, Timo Hildebrand
187 - Shay Given, Jose Reina
188 - Oliver Kahn, Carlo Cudicini, Pat Jennings, Marco Amelia, Carlos Kameni
189 - Sebastien Frey, Fabian Carini
190 - Gianluigi Buffon, Jens Lehmann, Morgan De Sanctis
191 - Christian Abbiati, Manuel Almunia, Paul Robinson, Robert Green, Flavio Roma, Gorka Iraizoz, Gianluca Curci
192 - Jussi Jaaskelainen, Stipe Pletikosa
193 - David Seaman, Peter Schmeichel, Ivan Pelizzoli, Stuart Taylor, Artur Boruc
194 - Maarten Stekelenburg, Yohann Pele, Doni
195 - Dida, Craig Gordon
196 - David James, Mark Schwarzer, Francesco Toldo
197 - Petr Cech, Edwin van der Sar
199 - Andreas Isaksson
(and I had to put in Aussie reserve keeper) Zeljko Kalac – 202

For those of you who need to know, there are 2.54cm in an inch.

kamikaze80

Established Member
nice post, aussie, it pretty conclusively shows that you dont have to be a giant to be a world class keeper.

i dont have too many goalkeeper opinions but i can definitively say that isaakson is not that good. he's at best a midtable keeper like schwarzer.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
190 cm is the best height. got 2 worldclass keepers in it. 191 gotta be the crap height taking out robinson. haha

fabtastic

Asterix Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:20 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eezyprogress wrote:

Yes - there is another active thread about five pages back - most people only look about 3 pages back (if that) before creating a new thread. But as our merge function is still AWOL, this one stands. And fabtastic is right - there was a lot of discussion in the GK poll thread.

Now, since I haven't done this for a while, I'm going to post the data from my research project. Ahem ......

184cm - Iker Casillas, Silvio Proto, Mickael Landreau
185 - Sebastian Viera, Timo Hildebrand
187 - Shay Given, Jose Reina
188 - Oliver Kahn, Carlo Cudicini, Pat Jennings, Marco Amelia, Carlos Kameni
189 - Sebastien Frey, Fabian Carini
190 - Gianluigi Buffon, Jens Lehmann, Morgan De Sanctis
191 - Christian Abbiati, Manuel Almunia, Paul Robinson, Robert Green, Flavio Roma, Gorka Iraizoz, Gianluca Curci
192 - Jussi Jaaskelainen, Stipe Pletikosa
193 - David Seaman, Peter Schmeichel, Ivan Pelizzoli, Stuart Taylor, Artur Boruc
194 - Maarten Stekelenburg, Yohann Pele, Doni
195 - Dida, Craig Gordon
196 - David James, Mark Schwarzer, Francesco Toldo
197 - Petr Cech, Edwin van der Sar
199 - Andreas Isaksson
(and I had to put in Aussie reserve keeper) Zeljko Kalac – 202

For those of you who need to know, there are 2.54cm in an inch.
#
intresting read great post mate i know iker casillas was small but not that small!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
kamikaze80 said:
nice post, aussie, it pretty conclusively shows that you dont have to be a giant to be a world class keeper.

i dont have too many goalkeeper opinions but i can definitively say that isaakson is not that good. he's at best a midtable keeper like schwarzer.
interesting you should say that.. Man City will most likely be signing him to replace David James...

el jefe

Thanks for the post, Asterix. I could have sworn Seb Viera was shorter than that. He looks it anyway.

Asterix

Established Member
Eezyprogress said:
Asterix, I remember this, it was brilliiant read :lol:

You goalkeeping anorak!

Thing is, what prompted the research ?

Heh - I'm a keeper myself, and we had a thread arguing about how tall a few keepers were, and more even more heated discussions about how many cm's in an inch (it got very childish). So, I started collecting the info in a Word doc, and well, there it is. I'm 184cm myself, so I liked seeing how much taller I'd need to be to make it.

Ignoring the whole talent side of things of course.

Asterix

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
nice post, aussie, it pretty conclusively shows that you dont have to be a giant to be a world class keeper.quote]

Now now kamikaze - there's FM voting coming up soon and you got my name wrong. :wink: :p

gonermad1992

the lad has the name and he is good enough to put pressure on jens and based on what iv seen, he looks more reliable than almunia i say we should make a firm bid for him

highbury_boy

over the summer i've been watching le championnat and whenever ive seen him play he has done pretty well and made good saves.

With lehmann saying he wouldn't mind playing his last year in bundesliga i think for a reasonable price we should bring him in.

Jaded

Sorry, but Kameni was voted as the worst keeper in La Liga last season by various Spanish futbol magazine, he has the atheleticism and sometimes he can make unbelievable save like no others, but the mistake and howler he makes last season was just too much for any spectator to view, its pathetic and should never happen in top flight football. He flaps in aerial ball and worst of all he has the tendencies to overdo his save, making super acrobatic move to save a simple shot which may look spectacular to the untrained eyes, but completely unnecessary for others. Plus, he's one of the worst keeper i've seen when it comes to controlling his backline.

Espanyol chairman, Llibre was so bloody pissed off by Kameni chain of howlers ordered the manager to drop him to the B team and learn his mistake for several mths. Even in this season Primera Division, he's too inconsistent, making superb save on 1 minute, and howler on the other.

It will require a miracle to improve this guy, and IMO, he will never be a world class keeper no matter what team he's in.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom