• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yohann Pelé

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 204
  • Views 9,101

gstew

IMHO we will be watching the world's best young goalkeeper tomorrow (Akinfeev). He has everything!! He is only 20, but I can't think of any other goalkeeper that I would choose to replace Jens. He's only given up one goal in European qualifying so far (puts Robinson to shame).

If Pele is as good as Akinfeev, then he must be awesome!!!

Blackjag

yo, i saw the highlights of his saves over the weekend and he was outstanding and was the only reason why his team tied the game

BeijingGunner

Blackjag is right, I saw the Nancy-LeMans game and Pele was outstanding, keeping things level in an otherwise pretty dull game. France Football -my footballing bible- raves about his in their match report as well, you can check this. In fact, France has a surplus of outstanding keepers right now. Rame at Bordeaux, Jannot at St-Etienne, Coupet of Lyon, Landreau at PSG, Itanje and Sylva from Lens and Pele of Le Mans. Some people would also add Marseille's Carasso to that list as well.
Maybe Ligue 1 could donate some of its keepers to England? :)

Mostarac

Established Member
BeijingGunner said:
Blackjag is right, I saw the Nancy-LeMans game and Pele was outstanding, keeping things level in an otherwise pretty dull game. France Football -my footballing bible- raves about his in their match report as well, you can check this. In fact, France has a surplus of outstanding keepers right now. Rame at Bordeaux, Jannot at St-Etienne, Coupet of Lyon, Landreau at PSG, Itanje and Sylva from Lens and Pele of Le Mans. Some people would also add Marseille's Carasso to that list as well.
Maybe Ligue 1 could donate some of its keepers to England? :)

Add Frey of Fiorentina to that list :wink: , also an excellent French goalkeeper.

BeijingGunner

AFCG7 said:
Is Sylva the same one that keeps goal for Senegal?

Yes, he is. Good spot by Mostar with the Frey thing. It seems that I, like some of the France national team selectors, overlooked him again.

siddharth

Wenger14 said:

I'll be really surprised if this happens. Can't see wenger going for a keeper who has no champion's league experience when you are talking about replacing lehmann. Buffon would be my first choice followed by the likes of Akinfeev and Gordon.

Canuck

Established Member
Akinfeev and Gordon are both very credible options. Though this rumour is certainly on-going. Seems it might be down to Gordon and Pele as the front-runners.
A new keeper will be the most interesting signing of the summer, regardless.

Meatwad

Does Gordon have Champions League experience? I don't think he does.

Wenger's M.O. is tall keepers and Akinfeev is 6 feet.

stuart

Established Member
my knowledge is letting me down here but who is akinfeev? he is obviously good, personally i would obviously go for buffon but i cant see that happening, id like to see gordon have a go!

nazo

Established Member
stuart said:
my knowledge is letting me down here but who is akinfeev? he is obviously good, personally i would obviously go for buffon but i cant see that happening, id like to see gordon have a go!

Cska Moscow's goalkeeper.
Out of the three, i would pick Gordon, Akinfeev then Pele in order.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
When have we ever actually been linked with Akinfeev or is this just the work of fantasists like the Ribery fan club on this forum? I swear every thread Ribery is mentioned...

siddharth

Don Pacifico said:
When have we ever actually been linked with Akinfeev or is this just the work of fantasists like the Ribery fan club on this forum? I swear every thread Ribery is mentioned...

Does that mean we are allowed to talk about players only linked with arsenal ? We are talking about replacing lehmann here and everyone is entitled to suggest who he thinks would come close to that and akinfeev is just one of those keepers who we should consider when making a decision.

kwg

Don Pacifico said:
didnt you just bring ribery up?
any way i would like to see pele with arsenal ive always rated him. there isnt anything stopping wenger. this could really happen. if so i dont think that we need poom.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
siddharth said:
Don Pacifico said:

Does that mean we are allowed to talk about players only linked with arsenal ? We are talking about replacing lehmann here and everyone is entitled to suggest who he thinks would come close to that and akinfeev is just one of those keepers who we should consider when making a decision.

I just think people talk abouit players they would like to replace Lehmann, rather than players that have a strong chance of replacing him. If you want Akinfeev, there's a wish list thread otherwise every thread in this section of the forum turns into unsubstantiated speculation. Anyways, I was actually wondering if we have in fact been linked with the bloke considering everyone talks about him so much.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
what about the argentine keeper ustari? many of us seems to have forgotten about him. imo, most football match is prettty much the same. it won't be of much difference if a keeper have CL expereiences or not. out of 4 i would pick

akinfeev, gordon, pele, ustari

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom