• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

You know you're a Gooner if...

WengerFaithful

You know your a Gooner ...

When you take bets after a match with your Gooner mates to see who can guess the nearest time into an interview Wenger mentions anything got to do with 'Mental Strenght'.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
... you refuse to watch a match that involves Almunia, Denilson and Bendtner ever again, only to say the same thing next game.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
...the ref doesn't give you a stonewall penalty, and instead of yelling, "For ****'s sake!" you just lower your head and say, "Yeah. Again."

mo50

Established Member
.. at 2-0 with 10 minutes to go, you still piss yourself when the other team gets a corner.

.. you laugh at the site of your keeper chucking the ball into his own net.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

...you get told by every other person you're talking to about football, you need a defender.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
THunter said:
...you get told by every other person you're talking to about football, you need a defender.
An English defender.

The kind that, were he still alive, Bobby Moore (to say nothing of the very much still alive Frank McLintock) would tell, "Go away, you're only wasting everyone's time."

Le Professeur

Established Member
... if your first ever live game was a nil-all draw against a midtable side, with a stonewall penalty denied and a perfectly valid goal ruled out.

... if your team can't even win its domestic cups anymore.

... if you've come to the point where you think you'd do a better job than the manager.

Spork

Established Member
mo50 said:
.. at 2-0 with 10 minutes to go, you still piss yourself when the other team gets a corner.

This. Oh so much, I wonder what the stats are on us being two goals up, then they opposition getting one goal and Arsenal pretty well gifting the second goal to them because of all the panic?

Infact I'd say in those situations the team looks remarkably like the Dodos in that movie 'Ice Age' in the watermelon scene.

GOONER1991

Established Member
... if your team is in a final with a weaker team, your team are nailed on favourites, and they lose spectacularly, and you're not even surprised.

... when at 4-0 up, you're still worried about the opposition coming back.

... when one of your back 5 making a stupid mistake in the last minute to concede an equaliser, you laugh, because you're not surprised.

Spork

Established Member
GOONER1991 said:
... when at 4-0 up, you're still worried about the opposition coming back.

Really? I doubt anyone was still worried when we were 4-0 up. at 4-1 I was curious, at 4-2 I was getting worried, 4-3 I was in tears, 4-4 I had the noose around my neck.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
a_fourteen said:
- you get excited when your club signs players you've never even heard of
- you start worrying about injuries a week before the season has begun
- even the players you're linked to start developing injuries
- transfer season is time your club makes money instead of spends money
agreed

arsenallegends

Established Member
...when you meet a United or Sp**s fan and struggle with the inner turmoil of hate and how to go about hiding it...and then you detest the fact that he starts becoming integrated into your circle of friends.

....when you know how the Arsenal trial of a 14 year old from a village in Romania went.

....when you shout joga bonito after Sagna & Koscielny have passed around the backline 10 times

heltaschelta

kalleTheMan said:
AFC-Phil said:
... You hate Phil Dowd.

Think that's pretty universal

Hate is a strong word................

Warranted.

.........if it doesn't matter how glorious or rubbish we are you wear the shirt monday. And can't bear to watch or look away.

dpt49

Established Member
When your spuds, Man u and Chelseas mates critisise Wenger and his lack of spending, his defensive coaching and passing the ball around endless times before shooting and you can only agree with them.
in some cases end up arguing more vehemently against Wenger than they do

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom