• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He’s quality at sending breaks off with class throws tbf.

Good point. He's always been one of the best at that. Strong leg too. Not very comfortable with the ball at his feet, but even that hasn't led to disaster yet (if I'm not forgetting anything in my old age) as have a number of errant passes from some other players. Was looking a little better the last few games before he was injured.

say yes

forum master baiter
Been **** for 2 years.

Start of season form has been a pleasant surprise but at the moment I’m glad he’s picked up an injury so Leno can have a go.

Reactions: A_G

DasBootist

Been **** for 2 years.

Start of season form has been a pleasant surprise but at the moment I’m glad he’s picked up an injury so Leno can have a go.
Cech is a top 'keeper, as it turns out. Lack of specific coaching under Wenger's tutelege seems to have been the problem.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Emery has brought his GK coaches with him.
I don't think it's a coincidence if Cech has almost never looked that good in an Arsenal shirt.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He has looked pretty good, but the whole defence has been looking a bit more assured, even if there are of course still shortcomings. Think a defensive plan and playing from the back being the way how we play all the time has assured everyone. Without wanting to detract from him, his first half against Everton e.g was great, but I wouldn't go overboard. So far Leno hasn't been any worse.

Reactions: A_G

Stannis

His awful ball playing has detracted from his much improved keeping

In these cup competition he should just smash the ball up the pitch like he normally does, unfair on him and team to do anything else.

Otherwise we may as well give Martinez a go

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's played himself out of contention, with that performance on Wednesday. I like Cech, but he stands out like a sore thumb now. I'd happily promote Martinez.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Nice to see him again. A couple of good saves but will always be hopeless with his feet. I felt a bit safer with him vs Blackpool corners.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He's played himself out of contention, with that performance on Wednesday. I like Cech, but he stands out like a sore thumb now. I'd happily promote Martinez.

An old post, but I have no idea where is the reason that we are keeping Martinez as third choice for so long.
He has barely played and whenever he had, he is very unconvincing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
One of best Keeper PL era. Hopefully he'll enjoy retirement got feeling he'll be top pundit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom