• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Favourite Arsenal Player?

MaestroCesc

I was just curious as the new season is about to start what everyone's favourite Arsenal player is. I havent seen a thread like this on these forums but do correct me if i am wrong. Just say your favourite Arsenal player and then any others you particularly like.

My favourite is Ox/Sagna. Ox because he is so down to earth, works hard and has alot of talent, Sagna because again he has a great work ethic, very talented and underrated but i also like Vermaelen very much for his fighting spirit and gets stuck in

Oh and i also love Frimpong for his character and he is very funny. I really hope he makes it at Arsenal

Flow

Character-wise: Thomas Vermaelen. True gunner and seems very loyal.
Footballing-wise: Laurent Koscielny. Our best defender and still horribly underrated. (not on A-M though)
Special love for: Andre Santos. THE EBOUE REPLACEMENT!

Viper

Established Member
It used to be RVP. And it was like that since the departure of Henry.

But I don't know anymore. They are all probably a bunch of snide bastards.

But based on what I can see so far, my favourite player is probably Vermaelen. No other player comes close, and that is pretty sad.

Floating

Established Member
Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Vermaelen, Sagna, Szczesny and Koscielny are all great characters.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I opened this thread thinking it meant of all time, which would be Tony Adams.

Current player I think Vermaelen. Its not an easy question as I dont see any of them as Arsenal players through and through. Ask me again in a year and hopefully I will be able to say Wilshere ;)

Herbas

There isn't an Arsenal player whom I would like much more than others.
However, perhaps Song is my favorite player, just slightly ahead of others. This is mostly because he was a nothing in 2008 when I started following Arsenal, but he improved year after year and became a recognized midfielder. So it's like we're both are growing together (him as a footballer and me as an Arsenal fan).

GDeep™

League is very weak
My all time fave player is RvP, watched him as a kid for Feyenoord, was over the moon when we signed him, I had a thing for Dutch players too due to Bergkamp and many other guys who were on the scene 10-15 years ago - Kluivert, Davids, Seedorf, Cocu, De Boers, Van Der Sar, Reiziger etc, great players and characters, so was mega excited with us snapping up a Dutch wonder kid who could take over from Bergkamp. Killer if he joins Manure.

Following the Dutch in the late 1990's is probably the most exciting period for me as a fan.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Meh I don't have a favourite. There are a bunch that I like but I haven't had a particularly favourite since probably Henry.

Ian Wright Is my all time favourite though, I used to watch his ReWRIGHTing the record video pretty much everyday.

progman07

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
I was just curious as the new season is about to start what everyone's favourite Arsenal player is. I havent seen a thread like this on these forums but do correct me if i am wrong. Just say your favourite Arsenal player and then any others you particularly like.

My favourite is Ox/Sagna. Ox because he is so down to earth, works hard and has alot of talent, Sagna because again he has a great work ethic, very talented and underrated but i also like Vermaelen very much for his fighting spirit and gets stuck in

Oh and i also love Frimpong for his character and he is very funny. I really hope he makes it at Arsenal

Don't do this to yourself. Name players who don't have the chance to flog Arsenal anymore as they have either retired or soon retiring. :wink:

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Viper said:
are all probably a bunch of snide bastards.

This isn't new though. Players have always been like this, but with the trophies we have won, have stayed. This batch isn't an exception, it's reality.

FWIW, there was a thread like this a while ago.

Personally, I haven't 'loved' an Arsenal player since Cesc. I've liked Van Persie, but never been attached at all.

So to answer this thread - Wilshere, Chamberlain, Koscielny, Arteta, Van Persie, Vermaelen. With the likes of Podolski and Cazorla holding potential.

GDeep™

League is very weak
My fear is that senior players aside, and maybe Jack too, the rest most probably view us as stepping stone/finishing school now.

pikey2000

I respect Vermaelen, mainly for signing on the dotted line without any issue.

My favourite though is Frimpong as he displays the same kind of passion on the pitch for Arsenal as I would like to think I would if I was in dreamland and playing for them.

You get the feeling he is happy to put his body on the line and throws 110% into playing every time he steps out.

I was sold on him the moment I saw him take it upon himself to man mark Nasri in the league cup last year - done a great job too.

EDIT :- Almost for Jack. He was inspiring at times in his breakthrough season, all the bite and passion of Frimpong and top level on the ball.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
I don't have one, it used to be Henry cause he was special and I loved his killer instinct, in fact he still is my favourite.

As far as the current team I like them all apart from a handful.

It would be easier to say who I don't like lol.

I can feel though that I'm going to have a soft spot for Cazorla and Podolski, that left foot is lethal and Cazorla is heads and shoulders above practically everyone in the team.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Try not to get attached to specific players anymore cause they tend to leave anyway.

But to answer the OP, it used to be Henry, then Cesc, last year RvP and now probably Wilshere, if he ever gets playing again.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom