• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Starting Line up against Everton

lee1001

Established Member
Well i believe that the Flamini situation will be sorted this week so i agree 100% with your line-up apart from Flamini will replace Fabregas. Id LOVE to see Fabregas play but i think Wenger will go with experience.

Edu will not be ready in time as he is still on holiday.

Vieira is injured but looking like he is going to Real anyway.

Mark

Established Member
Unsure yet about the fitness of various players, also the Flamini situation. Asuming Pires and Ljungberg recover by then I would like to see...

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Freddie Gilberto Pires Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

This is probably the strongest lineup we could send out there. Various players could play in different positions of course. For example, Freddie moving out to the left with Pennant on the right and Reyes upfront instead of either Bergy or Henry, but hopefully it will be that team there.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For me it would have to be
Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Freddie Gilberto Pires Van Persie

Bergkamp Henry

Subs:
Reyes (on at half time for Bergkamp)
Almunia
Pennant(on at 67 minutes for freddie)
Clichy (on at 80 minutes for van Persie)
Senderos

johe

Whoa, that's weird Mark, I was thinking exactly the same line-up and exactly the same options you wrote. :shock:

Disturbing. :wink:

lee1001

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Bergkamp Henry

Subs:
Almunia
Clichy (on at 80 minutes for Pires)
Senderos

Anybody who doesn't think Reyes should start is mad. He is on fire at the moment! If anything Henry should be dropped as he is clearly not fit or sharp enough to be at his best. Bergkamp and Reyes are match fit after playing several friendlies and so are at their sharpest.

AFCG7

Established Member
I'm not sure playing Cesc against the likes of Gravesen and company is a good idea.. he is still physically small and not as strong as he could be.. i think he would get murdered in there..never mind the Shield game..this is getting down to business in the EPL.. it would be risky to play him.

Or maybe Wenger will stick him in there and he'll have a blinder ;D

Legend#1

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
I'm not sure playing Cesc against the likes of Gravesen and company is a good idea.. he is still physically small and not as strong as he could be.. i think he would get murdered in there..never mind the Shield game..this is getting down to business in the EPL.. it would be risky to play him.

Or maybe Wenger will stick him in there and he'll have a blinder ;D

People said he would be murdered against Keane and Scholes...and look what happened :wink:

GK - Lehmann
RB - Lauren
CB - Kolo
CB - Cygan (Seems to play against Everton all the time)
LB - Cole

RM - Freddie
CM - Cesc
CM - Gilberto
LM - Pires

CF - Reyes
CF - Henry

Subs:

RvP
Pennant
Senderos
Bergkamp
Almunia

brianfrance

Established Member
Jens-Lauren,Kolo,Cygan,Ash-Freddie,Gilberto,Flamini(Fabregas?),Reyes-Bergkamp,Titi
Subs:Bobby,Clichy,Pennant,RvP,Senderos and maybe Fabregas

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You put Pires on the bench brianfrance, . Surely he would get into the team ahead of Flamini.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lee1001 said:
*Loyan* said:
Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Bergkamp Henry

Subs:
Almunia
Clichy (on at 80 minutes for Pires)
Senderos

Anybody who doesn't think Reyes should start is mad. He is on fire at the moment! If anything Henry should be dropped as he is clearly not fit or sharp enough to be at his best. Bergkamp and Reyes are match fit after playing several friendlies and so are at their sharpest.
I did this as I prefer him to play up fromt, and you can't keep bergkamp out of the starting lineup, that's how good his form has been. He creats everything, and before he went off he was part of every attack. Reyes' goal he crossed, Gilberto's goal he did the slide rule pass to Reyes, had a stunning shot from range, set up van Persie etc. And Henry is henry. You can't keep him out. So it's either Bergy staring and Reyes coming on at half time or vice versa. Both ways they will play for 45 minutes. Also it would be better to have Reyes tearing through their defence after the have tired from Henry runs from Bergkamp passes.

Mark

Established Member
johe said:
Whoa, that's weird Mark, I was thinking exactly the same line-up and exactly the same options you wrote. :shock:

Disturbing. :wink:

Great minds think alike, clearly. :)

beanz

lee1001 said:
If anything Henry should be dropped as he is clearly not fit or sharp enough to be at his best.
I can't agree Lee, if Titi is'nt match fit, then the quickest way to get him back to full fitness, is to play him in competitive games against lesser opposition.
We've got a relatively easy start to the season, so let's use those matches, to get our best players fit and sharp for the tougher games later on. :mrgreen:

Spike

Established Member
Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Ljungberg Gilberto Pires Persie

Reyes Henry

Sub: Almunia/Taylor, Senderos, Pennant, Clichy, Bergkamp

brianfrance

Established Member
Loyan and bobbypires, I thought Pires was a bit injured as he missed the C.S. Of course if he's not injured and 100% fit, he's in the XI :!:

By the way, I still think a mildfield with only one defensive mildfielder (Gilberto) is not the good solution. We need 2. So Pires can't be ahead of flamini, as they don't play the same role on the pitch.

Mark

Established Member
Pires can play in the centre. He might be the best option if Flamini can't make it. Of course, Wenger might think Cesc is a better option which would be nice.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom