• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yuri Zhirkov

Gurgen

Established Member
He can definitely shoot and finish, he has scored some impressive goals for CSKA from the left wing, usually following a great run past a few players. He is a very complete player, his crossing is also very good. His weakness would probably be his right foot which is fairly poor.

All in all Zhirkov is a very complete player, he is good in pretty much all areas of the game. Obviously he would need to raise that level to be a force for us though, but I think he definitely has it in him.

Anzac

Established Member
He can't just be a real winger if Hiddink was prepared to play him as LB - Hiddink is like Aw in that they both love versatility in their players. If he has enough about him to play LB at the Euros then IMO he'd be able to provide the 'defensive balance' that AW talks of Eboue offering, as well as actually contributing to the attack = sign him now!!!!

Further to that AW can then convert him to be his missing piece in the midfield with Cesc as our box to box replacement for Flamini = a younger & cheaper Barry option.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gurgen said:
He can definitely shoot and finish, he has scored some impressive goals for CSKA from the left wing, usually following a great run past a few players. He is a very complete player, his crossing is also very good. His weakness would probably be his right foot which is fairly poor.

All in all Zhirkov is a very complete player, he is good in pretty much all areas of the game. Obviously he would need to raise that level to be a force for us though, but I think he definitely has it in him.
Not to mention, he is deadly in set pieces as well. Fantastic long range shooter, his shot is generally very dangerous.

You are spot on on Zhirkov. He is very one legged and thats the only worry about him.

Anzac

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
Gurgen said:

Not to mention, he is deadly in set pieces as well. Fantastic long range shooter, his shot is generally very dangerous.

You are spot on on Zhirkov. He is very one legged and thats the only worry about him.

Any worse than Diaby????

patrick42uk

Established Member
I'd hate to be the rb and rm who come up against Zhirkov and Clichy. Zhirkov's quality. Energy, pace and technique at the highest level. Cant see this though somehow but he would be a great addition to any squad.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Anzac said:
arsenal_hleb said:
Gurgen said:

Any worse than Diaby????

So was Nige Winterburn, but we all loved Nige right?

Anzac

Established Member
Hell if he's got such a cracking shot on him I'd love to see him drifting right side & then switch the ball to his left peg & drive it from 30 out!!!!!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Anzac said:
arsenal_hleb said:
Gurgen said:

Any worse than Diaby????
Diaby is better. He is improving his weaker foot. At least he is able to pass decently with it already.

The only difference is that Zhirkov's left foot is very skillful. Its like a poor man's Messi

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
nidza7 said:
Right, and Henry could do wonders with his left too.

He bloody could mate, Was that a joke or are you being serious? Remember his goals against Madrid, Inter away, Bayern and the volley against Chelsea where Cech didnt even move..Tucked away, all of them. Them world class Keepers had no chance. Damm what a player we had when in is peak

Thing with Yuri though, is that he has that out and out Winger trait where they dont need to worry about using their other peg, like Robben, Reyes, Joaquin a few more so it wouldnt effect their game at all. The dont look to go around their man, they just want to past them

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Im telling you. Watching some of the goals our former players did and the flashes of spark thay produced at their peak was incredible

For instance, the other day I was Watching Arsenal TV and Top 10 Pires goals and although im a tough one, I really got emotional

But anyway, maybe Arsène would go for Yuri but I thought since Reyes left his replacement would be Vela. If Vela can replicate the form Reyes had with a bit of balls, well have us a real top player

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Stop man. You'll have us getting all emotional. Was watching Willlttttord's goal at Old Trafford earlier today...damn good memories.

I agree with Vela btw. Seen him leave Ramos sitting on his ass twice in the games Vs Real and was mightily impressed. There's definately something about him. Having Spanish speakers in the squad like Fab and Manny should help him settle but it'll be a bit-part season for the young lad this season.

Still it adds depth to the squad which we simply didn't have last season. (Try as I might I still have nightmares about Eboue on the wing). While the likes of Vela and Ramsey won't be first teamers they are still players that should be able do a job against the Hulls and Stokes If we get someone like Zhirkov in, I'll be feeling very confident about silverware next season.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom