• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Agree on the ball progression and passing, for Partey anyway. Need to see more from Bissouma.

That isn’t the same as creativity though, unless Partey has a never seen side to his game. Most top clubs need to have at least two creative players in the team. We sign Bissouma then we’re putting a creative burden on ESR/no10 and Saka.

ESR/no10 could have that but Saka is more of a direct player than a creator (although he has shown hints) I don’t like the balance.

Many ways to do it though. United function quite well with just Bruno but he might be the best signing of the PL era, Sp**s doing it with just Kane but he’s World Class.

Just can’t see it working without an elite creative player.

Saka is definitely a creative player, he can get into half spaces, play 1-2s and send in crosses with both feet, doesn't get much more creative than that. He'll continue to polish those abilities, too.

I think it'd be fine if we recruited another attacker who can create. Auba obviously isn't that, but possibly a more creative CF with Auba playing on the left, a creative LW with Auba playing CF, or a creative RW with Saka playing LW and Auba playing CF would work.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Saka is definitely a creative player, he can get into half spaces, play 1-2s and send in crosses with both feet,
See I don’t really view crossing as being creative, maybe that’s just definitions.

Sane got 15+assists in the league by being played in behind for the most part and cutting the ball back for tap-ins. 15+ assists must mean you’re creative but IMO the creative players are the ones who found the pass to get him in behind.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Saka is definitely a creative player, he can get into half spaces, play 1-2s and send in crosses with both feet, doesn't get much more creative than that. He'll continue to polish those abilities, too.

I think it'd be fine if we recruited another attacker who can create. Auba obviously isn't that, but possibly a more creative CF with Auba playing on the left, a creative LW with Auba playing CF, or a creative RW with Saka playing LW and Auba playing CF would work.

If you're really looking to trim the squad down then you sell Laca and Eddie, sign Balogun up and sign a proper LW, I love Neto. I think long term Saka should be RW.

Bloodbather

Established Member

See I don’t really view crossing as being creative, maybe that’s just definitions.

Sane got 15+assists in the league by being played in behind for the most part and cutting the ball back for tap-ins. 15+ assists must mean you’re creative but IMO the creative players are the ones who found the pass to get him in behind.

If you're just sending in random crosses, then yeah, that's not creative. But if you're sending perfectly placed crosses that put people through on goal, then it's definitely creative. It's what allows Liverpool to be a creative side, their full-backs put in their crosses dead on the money. KDB is great at it, also. When it's done in this manner, it's not really different from putting people through with a through pass from behind, it just happens from the side.

Peterq

What just also came to mind, is that he's another African player. We are already in deep trouble as of now, another player leaving for Afcon would be terrible.
This and so far we free only one squad spot for new no10. Also we need progressive passers he could be used as squad option (Partey backup).

Goonger

If you're really looking to trim the squad down then you sell Laca and Eddie, sign Balogun up and sign a proper LW, I love Neto. I think long term Saka should be RW.

Agree. We should sell Laca this summer & get a replacement. (Edouard) If we are honest, Eddie ain't going to make it with us, so Balogun can take that place, if not sign another (say Daka). Then if we really want to be ruthless, Willian & Pepe out the door sign a good wide player (Neto or Solomon).

That gives is players for all positions, a good variety of skills, & we are already setup up for when Auba leaves with 2 of the best young forwards in Europe.

(Sorry for hijacking the Bissouma thread. I'd love him but I too worry about AFCON. Perhaps Soumare or Berge could be non AFCON alternatives).

LG10

He’s not the type of midfielder we need and not THAT good. Brighton are one of the best coached teams in the league, bissouma is a tidy player but not big club material imo

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I’ve really not the biggest fan of signing Bissouma, but with the current setup of 4-2-3-1, rather than a 4-3-3, he could make a lot of sense. With a pivot of Partey and Bissouma and a Bruno-esque AM we could pretty much play as both Pool and Utd in one. AM that’s free to focus almost exclusively on attack as well letting Tierney and Bellerin (in lack of others) bomb down the flanks. Not the worst idea tbh

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Agreed.
Creative players are the ones who know how to move without the ball to open up channels, and be available in space. They can see paths forward for player and ball by anticipating movement of the opposition, add to it all, passing and crossing to deliver on a plate.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bissouma-Partey-Guendouzi with Saka and Buendia on the wings.

KT first Arsenal captain to lift the PL trophy in over a decade I’m hearing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Bissouma-Partey-Guendouzi with Saka and Buendia on the wings.

KT first Arsenal captain to lift the PL trophy in over a decade I’m hearing.

Terribly unbalanced midfield imo. Someone like Sabitzer for Douzi and you're laughing. Douzi and Bissouma to rotate depending on the game tho ;)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Careful with that logic. AM currently on a “KDB is a fraud” vibe rn.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I don't rate Bissouma at all. All he does is dumb fouling all game long & gets away with it. If he played for us he'd get sent off every other game. Other than fouling nothing about him is impressive. He could prove me wrong of course

Legend14

Established Member
I have watched about 6 Brighton games scouting Bissouma.

He basically keeps the ball moving, connecting everyone. He passes the ball quickly because he already knows where the next pass is headed. Smart player. This is in contrast to our CMs who think on the ball. He has very good technique and is comfortable on the ball. He won’t make you nervous like our CMs.

He is fast and quick, but not as big and physical as Partey. I haven’t seen anyone take him on 1-1 successfully. Usually attackers just avoid him and pass the ball somewhere else. He did well against Arsenal first half which is basically why it was 0-0 at half. He made the key tackles and interceptions. He can carry the ball, but does so selectively because he is accountable for the defensive shape.

I’d like to see him maintain a more consistent effort on the pitch. Sometimes he jogs back when he easily has the pace to breakup the play. He has major responsibility for the team and I am surprised he does fairly well with it. I think pairing him with someone like Partey will be very beneficial to the scope of his game.

I don’t think we will sign him at 40m because we don’t have cash and the focus is on attacking players. I also think Arteta favors Xhaka and does not see Xhaka’s shortcomings and how they affect Partey’s game.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Impressed me personally on our past game. A Bissouma - Partey partnership would open up things for sure, even if we don't get that super creative 10 yet it would let us unleash both fullbacks on a back 4, and if Tierney continues delivering that would be a very interesting proposition, I think Bellerin has looked pretty decent offensively at times this season too and we could look at an attacking RB in the summer.

Don't see why Brighton would sell for a reasonable price though, could very well get them relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom