• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Re: English Football 2009-2010(incl. Pre Season)

Villa beat Juventus in the Peace Cup Final last night. Game finished 0-0 and we won on a penalty shoot out. Only a pre season tournament, but nice to win a competition with Porto, Besiktas, Lyon, Real Madrid and Juventus in, amongst others, especially seeing as we played pretty much a reserve team (Lowry, Herd, Albrighton, Bannan, Weimann, Lichaj and Guzan all played)

Del Piero had a penalty to win it, and provided this brilliant effort:

adp.gif

Check out little Brad's backchat ;)

Illusion

Established Member

Shocking penalty from a man as good as him, looked like Friedel really got to him. Was expecting Del Piero to put it to his left, I think he wanted to, but right before he kicks Friedel looks like he's going that way and it's almost like Del Piero reacted to that and tried to send it a different direction and ended up with that weak effort.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

Its not Friedel, It's Guzan (little Brad).

BUt yeh, i think he got in his head. but to be honest I think Del Piero just wanted to be "cool" and send Guzan the wrong way and slide it down the middle. Only problem is Guzan didn't go that way :D

I just love Brad's reaction!

ricky1985

Established Member

To be fair, Del piero doesn't exactly look very bothered.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

The angry kick at the rebound and the look on his face when we lifted the trophy suggests otherwise. Only a pre season trophy but they still looked pretty gutted to lose.

Anyway, I'm not bothered what ADP thinks, I'm happy with the win.

ibby

Established Member

He takes penalties like that a lot of the time. His one against Chelsea last season was almost identical but that one went in and he looked like a genius.

Illusion

Established Member

Stevo the Villan said:

BUt yeh, i think he got in his head. but to be honest I think Del Piero just wanted to be "cool" and send Guzan the wrong way and slide it down the middle. Only problem is Guzan didn't go that way :D

My bad, hard to tell from that gif :p

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

Illusion said:
Stevo the Villan said:

My bad, hard to tell from that gif :p

No problem, to assume it was Friedel is sensible, I assumed Friedel would start last night and he didn't!!

Happy with little Brad's progression though. He looks like a very good keeper now, although his kicking is weak.

Double_H

Established Member

i was impressed with Guzan . he reads the movments well and he looks like a good penalty stopper

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Anybody saw the first goal South China scored against Spuds in their 2-0 win? Fantastic goal.

And Liverpool lost 3-0 to Espanyol. They have only won one pre-season game which is against my country

tam1886

Established Member

Liverpool have confirmed they have reached a deal with Madrid for Alonso, subject to a medical

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165303090804-1808.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldow ... 4-1808.htm</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good stuff, losing him and getting Aquilani no doubt makes them weaker in the short term. Something we should hopefully make the most of early in the season.

go49oner

Established Member

The new-look Real Madrid are force to be reckoned with. El classico this year is going to epic.

How much are they selling him for?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Around 32m Euros

Tony Montana

Established Member

I swear Alonso14 said that he would definitely not be sold. Or was that Mascherano?

Galahad

Couldnt agree more...VDS has been **** for over 2 years now...the reason hes getting credit is that Vidic and Ferdinand are top class and that ManU enjoys all of the possession and nobody dares to attack them...but VDS doesnt exactly stand out for excellent saves for all I have seen...then again, I only watched Arsenal last season (aside from CL). Anyways, it would have been better if Vidic was injured...

Double_H

Established Member

i dont know why you guys are saying he is **** . but every time he miss a game . in the last 2 years Man U concede goals

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member

Double_H said:
i dont know why you guys are saying he is s**t . but every time he miss a game . in the last 2 years Man U concede goals

That's probably because he's a better organiser or more influential or something than I realise. He's probably very good at some of the things I haven't realised a goalkeeper must be good at to succeed. But when it comes to shotstopping, handling crosses, basically not looking like the weak link in that side, I think he's a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom