• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: English Football 2009-2010(incl. Pre Season)

Lampard has been completely invisible in this game.. totally taken out of the game so far..

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Foster has looked a bit shaky so far.. wonder if he's actually ready to be the main keeper.. VDS being out for a while might be their achilles heel

otfgoon

Established Member

USArsenal said:
Lampard has been completely invisible in this game.. totally taken out of the game so far..

Same can be said for most of Chelsea's attacking players really, other than one of two moments they've been pretty pointless.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

im actually very surprised at Chelsea's lineup today... if Ancelotti picks these kinds of teams throughout the year, Chelsea will struggle in some games..

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Kooshark might be the better keeper for them

qs

Established Member

I know its only the charity shield but neither of these sides look great. Both defences seem dodgy, worse for Chelsea than United given United are missing VDS and Vidic. It pains me so much that the league is there for the taking this year and we're not doing anything about it.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Can't stand Evra but he's an important player for United - his link-up play is good.

qs

Established Member

Yeah he's excellent at that but his defending has deteriorated over the last year or so. He's not the player he was.

xcdude24

Established Member

We could use darren fletcher. Thought he's been immense today.

fabo

6.51 / 10

qs said:
I know its only the charity shield but neither of these sides look great. Both defences seem dodgy, worse for Chelsea than United given United are missing VDS and Vidic. It pains me so much that the league is there for the taking this year and we're not doing anything about it.

Thinking the same thing.

You just know we'll struggle again with Chelsea's style of play i.e Lampard playing a ball over the defence.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

surprised Valencia didnt start today.. suppose we will see him & Owen in the second half

fabo

6.51 / 10

xcdude24 said:
We could use darren fletcher. Thought he's been immense today.

I agree.

We miss these unfashionable types. He's pretty solid at most things without being spectacular but most importantly gives everything and covers every blade of grass.

qs

Established Member

And he's 25 and he's been brought up at united and thats why he gives everything. In fairness he looked **** a few years ago but he's worked his way into the side. If our lads worked that hard they'd be world beaters because they've alot more natural talent.

otfgoon

Established Member

qs said:

United have done well I thought. Seems like they're going to rely on Rooney a lot though and if he's not on form I can see them struggling.

Chelsea look completely lifeless going forward, I think they're in for a difficult season.

qs

Established Member

A_Gooner_Matata said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Cech is hugely overrated.

He's never been the same since that head injury. But that must be nearly 3 years ago? Get that ****ing helmet off and get his head sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom