• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

January 2017 - Transfer window - rumours & predictions

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We'll not sign anyone unless a major injury happens. We need players back and players out first.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
dont want us to sign anyone we have a more than enough team to win us the PL, and nothing worthy is going to become available during january.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I could see a young mobile defensive minded midfielder coming in... Gap in the squad for one long term & the injury situation may bring the move forward.

Quality wide desperately needed but with Danny & Akpom training no chance.

Probably have enough for a strong 2nd-4th challenge though. Beating Bayern no chance.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think if Debuchy was fit we'd have seen some action in selling and buying a cover RB.

As it is now though I think we have a pretty full squad.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Makes sense when you think about it, both clubs really pump alot into youth and have a vast amount of talented kids. Things can get messy if you think the other club is tapping up your young talents.

Easier to have a gentleman's agreement where you don't poach from each other, rather than have some behind the scenes covert war where you're tapping up each others kids tit for tat.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mbappe at Monaco, Diawara at Napoli, various goalkeepers etc, look like interesting players for us in the future maybe.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My good friend Emanuele Raviolinelli thinks that big money signings are not likely because Wenger wants new deals for king Giroud, Mesut, Sanchez, Coq and Cazorla.

I'd rather we get them all done before we think about new signings.

mm76

Yer Da
Maitland-Niles did ok at right-back, but isn't tipped for a more central role? I don't think Jenkinson will be with us long (1 more season tops), same with Debuchy. Gabriel can play there if needed and Chambers should be focusing on CB. So there is space for a project.

On the left we have Monreal and Gibbs, and I don't really trust Gibbo all that much.

yes defensively I think we need a bit of shoring up, it looks threadbare as soon as anyone gets injured or goes off form - so it's there Wenger should be looking

blaise

I think we were looking for LB for some time now. Probably Rodriguez was serious option, but after injuries Mustafi became priority.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
'Arsenal €65m for Belotti not enough'

Torino confirm they “received the offer” from Arsenal for Andrea Belotti, believed to be €65m, “but he is worth more.”

The Italy international striker recently signed a new contract, which has a €100m release clause that is valid only for clubs outside of the Peninsula.

There have been reports that Arsenal offered €65m and Toro director of sport Gianluca Petrachi admitted as much.

“Yes, we received the offer, but it does not reflect the value of the player,” Petrachi told Sky Sport Italia when asked specifically about the Gunners bid.

“Anyway, he is going nowhere for now. We want to enjoy him, then we’ll see what happens.

“We intend to keep Belotti and President Urbano Cairo signed this important buy-out clause. I think he’s worth more than they have offered.”

http://www.football-italia.net/96573/arsenal-€65m-belotti-not-enough

Transfer market has gone nutz...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Belotti going to lead Italian national team attack for next few years I liked him since his Palermo days he is such hard worker very good finisher. He have 100M release clause if we offer 65M euros next summer Torino will accept it but not now they are trying to get into Europa league next season so no surprised they won't let belotti go.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom