• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mathieu Debuchy: Still Here Guys

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Debuchy impressed me yesterday. Thought he looked solid. I hope that's a sign of things to come, and that he does the job offensively aswell.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah was very impressed with Debuchy. Given my expectations, I thought he was the most impressive of our three signings.

Crooner

I think his passing should probably come to the fore this season as well, he did play in midfield at the start of his career so he certainly possesses a certain level of vision.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Looked good when he was pressed and was clearly trying to get forward. I expect himself and Walcott are going to have great fun down that wing with Özil later in the year.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
He was great, our RB pos is very strong with Debuchy, Chambers, Bellerin.

Can't say the same for LB, Gibbs has poor injury record and Monreal isn't aggressive enough.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Very, very good signing. He's solid and can attack well, can see why he's been ahead of Sagna for the last few years. I didn't want him to begin with, but I've been proven wrong, very solid signing.

arsmile

Established Member
I think this is what you get when you buy in someone with experience in the PL

we do it so rarely but- no settling in or adjustment period at all...just got at it.

Been an impressive start.

Pies

arsmile said:
I think this is what you get when you buy in someone with experience in the PL

we do it so rarely but- no settling in or adjustment period at all...just got at it.

Yeah, good point.

Song Billong

He was excellent again Palace, and has started his Gooner career with aplomb.

I especially like that he looks/plays and seems to be extremely motivated, which I got the feeling was the issue with his time at Newcastle at the end - he was just not motivated, or not to the extent he could be playing for a bigger club in a better competition.

Hopefully he continues to marry his attacking and defensive duties, as it will be great to have another avenue to goal coming via his excellent crossing.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Amazing seeing how much quicker we transition from defence to attack with Debuchy + Chambers instead of Per + Sagna.

baccy_man

Established Member
Copied from sky transfer section,

Mathieu Debuchy is loving being part of a star-studded squad at Arsenal following a summer switch from Newcastle. He told the September edition of Arsenal Magazine:

It is fantastic for me to be part of this team. When I see the squad now and I think that Özil, Mertesacker and Podolski are still missing, it is incredible. It is an amazing squad.

It's good to know that he is enjoying his time with our team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good start but let's see how he does over the season, especially in games where he'll be tested defensively against top 4 rivals and Europe.

Sagna for me was one of the best defenders in the league.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He needs to play to the whistle, twice so far he's stopped thinking he was fouled leaving the whole right side open. That's under 10 stuff.

Very promising start though.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom