• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome_Gooner

A few questions for anyone who is keeping up with the Diego Costa situation....

1. Are Chelsea wanting 3 good strikers (Costa, Michy, Lukaku) so they can play with 2 up front?
  2. Was Costa wanting a move very specifically to return to Athletico Madrid or would he want a move elsewhere?
  3. Is Athletico's move for Costa dead and buried now that Gameiro has signed?
  4. What are the chances that Chelsea could let Costa leave?
  5. If there is a chance, is there any possibility that the buying club could have a surplus of strikers that could present a chance for Arsenal to get one?

Yes

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
adidas-cuenta-pogba-entre-los-jugadores-juventus-1470311378231.jpg

Toast

Established Member
Atletico's president:

"We have worked closely with [Diego Simeone] to sign players he is in agreement with," he said. "We haven't spent more than we have been able to. But we are done signing players. La Liga will not allow us to sign more, there will be no more signings."

"Costa [talks] do not have a long tail or anything of the sort," Cerezo said. "Diego has a contract with Chelsea and he belongs to Antonio Conte's team. Chelsea are our friends, just as the great Atletico man Diego Costa is our friend. But his place is with Chelsea and we are sure that he will be successful there. We cherish Diego for what he has given us and he knows where his home is."

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
"As in every transfer window, Edinson Cavani has been announced on the departure of the PSG this summer. The Juventus have started discussions with the entourage of the Uruguayan striker for a possible transfer. In comments relayed by Calcionapoli24 , the entourage of the Parisian striker confirmed the interest of Juventus.

Edinson Cavani refused Juve love for Napoli
Indeed, the leaders of Juventus wanted to take advantage of the situation to Edinson Cavani under Laurent Blanc to enlist. Deluxe replacement, former player of Napoli was constantly complain and demand more playing time. Barré he was by Zlatan Ibrahimovic , it was difficult to truly express it within the Parisian workforce.

The leaders of the Old Lady have therefore tried the all out to snatch his signature. But in vain. "Juventus is courting us for years now, and they wanted to take even before Higuain Cavani. But love for Naples, he always refused. He knows the rivalry he would not make twisted blow to fans " , explained the Cavani agent.

The latest news is the Inter Milan who went on the offensive with a firm offer of € 50 million to secure the services of Uruguyaen 29 years. A simply rejected by the Paris management proposal which now has about Cavani to carry his attack."

I wonder if his going rate was 94mil would he stay loyal

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

People were talking about him improving someone like Sterling yet seemingly has decided not to even bother him. Also who knows how Iheanacho's gonna get a chance either with all these other young forwards coming in.

He's a chequebook manager whose teams play attractive football.
Yeah I'm completely surprised by him, I thought he would do what he did at Barca and improve the young players.

Lost a lot of respect for him, just a pretty football version of Mourinho now.

Reverse Flash

Yeah I'm completely surprised by him, I thought he would do what he did at Barca and improve the young players.

Lost a lot of respect for him, just a pretty football version of Mourinho now.
He did buy and improve Coman, Kimmich etc maybe he just doesnt think Sterling can do it. He does give youngsters a fair shot and Sterling will get his in spite of all the signings.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He did buy and improve Coman, Kimmich etc maybe he just doesnt think Sterling can do it. He does give youngsters a fair shot and Sterling will get his in spite of all the signings.
Time will tell I guess.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
He's way too good for the Eredivisie, think he'll manage over there. A shame we didn't get him to play for the Netherlands.
Don't really know much about him from last season apart from razorist and now, you. Was pretty impressed by him as a talent the season before though. Technically looked pretty special. Roma would be great move, I guess with no real creative midfielder there.

Sad that you guys couldn't convince him. Your FA need serious looking at to let go of a talent like that. Is there much hope for a competitive team reappearing in the near future at moment?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Don't really know much about him from last season apart from razorist and now, you. Was pretty impressed by him as a talent the season before though. Technically looked pretty special. Roma would be great move, I guess with no real creative midfielder there.

Sad that you guys couldn't convince him. Your FA need serious looking at to let go of a talent like that. Is there much hope for a competitive team reappearing in the near future at moment?

They didn't call him up for some time IIRC (after he got injured during his first call-up for our NT and couldn't play) and then Morocco did, so he chose to play there. Fault of KNVB and Blind, bunch of idiots. As long as Blind stays at the helm nothing of note is going to happen really.

Regarding our national team, there's some talent, but it's not the same at the moment. When the generation of Kluivert and others retired we had world class talents like Sneijder, Robben, Van der Vaart and Van Persie getting ready along with experienced players like Van der Sar.

Now it's bang average with a coach who's incompetent as hell. We only have Robben really, and he can be depended on as much as we can depend on Jack Wilshere at Arsenal.

Little bit off topic, but that's alright given your new tagline I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom