• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Rouski

The top 8 most valuable players on transfermarkt, i'm sure Wenger has a story about trying to sign these players:
Lionel Messi
Right Wing
120,00 Mill. €
Cristiano Ronaldo
Left Wing
110,00 Mill. €
Neymar
Left Wing
100,00 Mill. €
Luis Suárez
Centre-Forward
90,00 Mill. €
Gareth Bale
Right Wing
90,00 Mill. €
Antoine Griezmann
Secondary Striker
80,00 Mill. €
Paul Pogba
Central Midfield
80,00 Mill. €
Joint 8
Gonzalo Higuaín
Centre-Forward
75,00 Mill. €

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The top 8 most valuable players on transfermarkt, i'm sure Wenger has a story about trying to sign these players:
Lionel Messi
Right Wing
120,00 Mill. €
Cristiano Ronaldo
Left Wing
110,00 Mill. €
Neymar
Left Wing
100,00 Mill. €
Luis Suárez
Centre-Forward
90,00 Mill. €
Gareth Bale
Right Wing
90,00 Mill. €
Antoine Griezmann
Secondary Striker
80,00 Mill. €
Paul Pogba
Central Midfield
80,00 Mill. €
Joint 8
Gonzalo Higuaín
Centre-Forward
75,00 Mill. €
We have had legitimate links with almost everyone except Messi and Neymar.

Rouski

Ibrahimovic, Di Maria and Yaya Toure are a few others that didn't go through but I think time has shown in a lot of cases Wengers talent spotting was right, even if the players are elsewhere.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Ospina
Gabriel-Mustafi-Koscielny
Bellerin-Xhaka-Bakayoko-Gibbs
Mahrez-Alexis-Özil
These two big buys would make for a sick team. I'd probably add Bellerin backup in as well.

I think Mahrez would be sick in a 3-4-3 because he's not really one for tracking back, and this formation gives him plenty of room to roam up front. Same goes for Alexis and Özil (and Iwobi and Ramsey will benefit from this too).

I'm not sure where to go in terms of the midfield, like which of our current batch (ie Coq, Caz, Ramsey, Wilshere, Xhaka, Elneny) would work best in this formation, but they all lack something. I'd really like another option brought in that doesn't have a very apparent weakness (Bakayoko looks interesting), but I doubt that happens because we've got many options already. We need Bellerin backup whatever happens.

We've got lots of CB options, including backup like Holding, Monreal, and Per if we extend, so that's not an area of an issue for us. However, I'd like for Cech to start being dropped for Ospina soon because it feels to me like he does the very basics quite well but nothing more, and more would be nice to have. He inspires less and less confidence in me.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

French under 21 of the year for a sniff of the fee of Martial or what you'd spend on Lakuku.
We always talk about how we missed out and are now priced out on the current batch of world class strikers....

Well this would be a chance to take a chance on getting one of the new batch.

Does anyone feel like we could have done more in the last few years regarding the striker position?

novarek

A non burned out Giroud would have world class numbers, those infamous dry spells always come after a good number of games in a row delivering

But with Perez now we have depth to rest him when needed, not Welbeck crooked depth, but actual depth

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Oblak
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Alaba
Ramsey Xhaka Wilshere
Özil
Alexis Griezmann
Coach: Simeone

Might put Fifa on for the first time in years and make that. :drool:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Both footed like Santi, leaves defenders on the floor, pace to burn and decision making that's constantly improving.

5 goals 12 assists in 17 starts and he's ****ing 19.:drool:

We all know that ship has sailed. How/why we didnt manage to sign him from Rennes I'll never know. Lad went for 15m Euros FFS.

We'll likely get the old "I knew about Dembele when he was in still in Rennes B team" BS later though.

We all know that ship has sailed. How/why we didnt manage to sign him from Rennes I'll never know. Lad went for 15m Euros FFS.

We'll likely get the old "I knew about Dembele when he was in still in Rennes B team" BS later though.

He most likely decided him self to go to Dortmund. Very good choice from him because he is playing regularly at a very good team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He most likely decided him self to go to Dortmund. Very good choice from him because he is playing regularly at a very good team.
Yeah true. Just seems like we're not one of the clubs to be at anymore. Used to have first dibs on the French market. :(

@James Bond it's a long shot but we're still more of a heavyweight than Dortmund are. We'd be able to offer him the same starting position he has now but with better teammates and wages.

One can't live a second without hope. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom