• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

WhatAFC

I can assure you that the Palermo owner values money over everything and if we offered more he'd be an Arsenal player. Zamparini actually baited us by linking Arsenal frequently with Dybala before Juve came in. We could've gotten Dembele if Wenger actually wanted him. We could get 95% of the players but we have to want them.
Everyone baits us to be fair, if there's a decent player to be sold Arsenal are generally linked. Money doesn't always persuade players unfortunately. Juve had been killing it at the time and were a comparative if not better option than us, in a place the player apparently already loved.

I don't know if the club made a major effort to pick up dembele but I remember at the time basically every top club in Europe was linked with him and he chose Dortmund over all of those as well. At his age playing in a top club regularly is more important than a bit of extra money. He's got his whole career to earn a fortune and a big move when he's more established.

I do however agree that more effort should be made by the club when it comes to taking risks on top young talents.

Jack the lad

Squad 17/18

Cech, Ospina , Martinez
RB:Bellerin, Chambers, AMN
CB:Koschielny, Holding
CB: Mustafi, Chambers
LB: Gaya*, Monreal
CDM: Xhaka, Frank Kessie* , AMN
CM: Naby Keita*, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla,
CAM: Özil, Cazorla, Wilshere
RW: OX, Walcott, Willock
ST: Alexis, Giroud, Lucas
LW: Kylian Mbpappe*, Iwobi, Nelson

Mudi

IN:
Zabaleta (Free)
David Alaba (£60m)
Saúl Ñíguez (£60m)
Marco Reus (£70m)
Total: £190m

OUT:
Sczcesny (£8m)
Gibbs (£8m)
Jenkinson (£6m)
Debuchy (Free)
Mertesacker (Free)
Coquelin (£15m)
Ramsey (£30m)
Ox (£20m)
Campbell (£8m)
Total: £95m

NET SPEND = £95m

Team
Cech/Ospina/Martinez
Bellerin/Zabaleta - Mustafi/Gabriel - Koscielny/Holding - Alaba/Monreal
Xhaka/ElNeny - Saul/Wilshere
Walcott/Lucas - Özil/Cazorla - Reus/Iwobi
Sanchez/Giroud/Welbeck​

A man can only dream ...

Nyctophobia

Established Member
We're still lacking class players, sadly we've filled up our midfield so unless we move someone on we're not going to have any space for a top midfielder even if we could find him.

But that's what I want, two top class players in the forms of a midfielder and a winger.

blaise

There is no way we can sign Bayern player unless they are offloading deadwood

Payet and LB, think thats maximum even for wishes although that title push seems bit out of a reach at the moment and offloading some would be great

Last edited:

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
---------------Butland
Bellerin-Mustafi-Koscielny-Grimaldo
-----------------Xhaka
------------Sanches-Wilshere
Chamberlain---Alexis------------Reus

Subs: Cech, Gabriel, Gibbs, Cazorla, Iwobi, Walcott, Giroud

Last edited:

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
France have the next group of supremely talented younger players who we should be after before they receive media hype and reconigtion.

Bakayoko, Lemar, Sarr, Cyprien, Tolisso, Gnagnon and sanson.
Mate, he's 38, hardly a youngster. Been 15 years since he was a young prospect on Fame Academy. 'If She Knew' and 'If There's Any Justice' are bangers though, tbf.
hqdefault.jpg

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
France have the next group of supremely talented younger players who we should be after before they receive media hype and reconigtion.

Bakayoko, Lemar, Sarr, Cyprien, Tolisso, Gnagnon and sanson.
I think Lemar is pretty special. Pretty much hit the ground running. Tolisso as well. Sanson you mean Morgan Sanson? He is not all that imo. Haven't really seen enough of the rest.

Jack the lad

in: K.Mbappe(40m), Reus(60m), Gaya(20m),Wilshere(0), Nwakali(0) = 120m

Out: Debuchy(0),jenkinsson(3),Campbell(7),Sanogo(0),Akpom(1),Mertesacker(0),Chambers(15),Ramsey(35),Welbeck(25),Walcott(20) = 109m

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom