• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets- Summer 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The last thread of this kind was based on information from a lying fool on twitter, this one is based on what one of our directors has said.
maybe the lying fool wasn't lying because unless I completely misunderstood what Lord Harris said, he's basically corroborated what the lying fool had intimated!

12TimeWinners

the player wants to leave and yet Reus has just signed a new contract removing a very reasonable buy-out clause - dosnt make any sense at all
Take your point however, his reasons for 'wanting to leave' might not reflect on Dortmund, just his ambitions, CL etc.
Playing devils advocate, your point about signing a new contract to quash the reasonable buyout clause is a great gesture that we have seen other players leave after time and again knowing their parent club has been properly recompensed.

Nah it's Reus lads, £50m + Gnabry loan, or whatever...Remember who said it. hehe

12TimeWinners

maybe the lying fool wasn't lying because unless I completely misunderstood what Lord Harris said, he's basically corroborated what the lying fool had intimated!
your right dread, but to be fair I'm sure many of us could've dreamt up an identical scenario. Wenger, whilst notoriously stubborn, or as I like to see it 'full of mental strenx and conviction', isn't blind or stupid.
Listening to his recent interviews he has admitted many frustrations under the stringent era.....
He's got his mojo back, and is about to make it rain *****ez!!!

em9999

My rainbows
I want either Lewandowski or Mueller a proper striker out and out number 9 a fox In the box.... Second option would be Benzema - third would be dzeko until one of the other three are available

12TimeWinners

I want either Lewandowski or Mueller a proper striker out and out number 9 a fox In the box.... Second option would be Benzema - third would be dzeko until one of the other three are available
Nice list but Dzeko over Reus? Or even Greizman?

blaze_of_glory

Oh Jaysus-why do we have another thread that will just wander into oblivion........It's getting out of hand man......all the same arguments will be rehashed here. Sheesh.
The Bezema thread was immediately over run with talk of this, and people were speculating about all sorts of players, posting links about Welbeck going to Turkey, etc.

If this gets out of hand it'll be locked. Lets keep it on topic.

redanddread

It's been plain obvious to me this summer that Wenger wants to buy a superstar player but they don't grow on trees & in much the same way he stealthily snaffled up Cech, Sanchez & Özil, he's on the hunt again but he has to wait until the "big" boys start flashing the coin to see what becomes available. The biggest stars are at 3-4 clubs and once they start shaking the pennies around nice things drop out of their pockets. There hasn't been a real MAJOR signing yet this summer.

redanddread

The Bezema thread was immediately over run with talk of this, and people were speculating about all sorts of players, posting links about Welbeck going to Turkey, etc.

If this gets out of hand it'll be locked. Lets keep it on topic.
I thought that the renamed "Silly transfer rumour" which was originally the "signing of the summer" thread could have sufficed-now we have two that basically carry the same vibes.
Anyways it's all fun & now we have our own Board members trolling us......;)

12TimeWinners

It's been plain obvious to me this summer that Wenger wants to buy a superstar player but they don't grow on trees & in much the same way he stealthily snaffled up Cech, Sanchez & Özil, he's on the hunt again but he has to wait until the "big" boys start flashing the coin to see what becomes available. The biggest stars are at 3-4 clubs and once they start shaking the pennies around nice things drop out of their pockets. There hasn't been a real MAJOR signing yet this summer.
Absolutely agree. To add to that he is also a sucker for great talent at a fair price, I wouldn't rule out a versatile fwd in favour of a strict CF.

........Reus it is

ha

redanddread

I have my heart set on one of the other three and would rather keep funds for them, plus I think dzeko could do a good job for us...
Bro, this isn't about doing a job for us anymore. We've lived that dream for the last few years. This is about busting out the cheque book, scribbling lots of zero's all over the place and buying the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom