• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Bournemouth - 28/12/15 - 5:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
If Walcott could finish at an acceptable rate and Giroud wasn't a lazy disgrace to football he'd have had 5-7 assists in the match which would inarguably have been one of the greatest performances ever in an Arsenal shirt.

This is nothing new at all! The wastefulness of our team over the last years is ridiculous. Özil would have had double numbers at least every season if hed had proper offensive players around him.
He did get tons of assists at Real while being a way inferior player at that time cause there were players in front of him that can finish. If we had a Suarez or Aguero or Lewandowski or Müller we would be 10 points ahead of second place. It is a shame really...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I know... Shane ****ing Long. But then we've always had certain players over the years that terrorised us more often than not, and they didn't have to be great either. We just liked creating bogey teams and bogeymen :lol:

Tbf, Long is better than half decent and does a lot of things right for a CF.

I remember when Kanoute used to terrorise us :confused: , Viduka and ****ing Kewell .

FreeGlennHelder

If Walcott could finish at an acceptable rate and Giroud wasn't a lazy disgrace to football he'd have had 5-7 assists in the match which would inarguably have been one of the greatest performances ever in an Arsenal shirt.

Ha ha "If...." - But yes he was practically spoon feeding them & they still failed.

Enjoy

Victoria Concordia Crescit

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Viewed the highlights and thought we looked solid. Cannot complain even the Ox looked impressive.

I've a feeling we will completely destroy a team we create too many chances for us not to.

OSBK

Established Member
was a decent performance.

against southampton we got destroyed in midfield, we were better against bournemouth. chambers came in and did well but he has alot to learn in that position.

giroud, well he is the guy who plays well for 4-5 games then reads his hype then reverts back into the guy who cannot hold a ball up. he did a few good things in the match, the flick for Özil goal but overall his hold up play is horrible. with all due respect to bournemouth and southampton he should be giving those cb's a nightmare.

good to see ox and theo get more minutes, its tough for theo on that left side as he clearly is not suited to that role.

gab had a good game, i think we all want to see kos and gab.

we are top of the league but i dont get our play style atm. i understand against man city,bayern and teams like barca we have to sit back and dig in. i dont get how our style has changed that much that against bournemouth,southampton,westbrom and other lesser teams we are still playing the same. dont get me wrong as i love our counter attacks atm but we should be bossing those games in terms of posession aswell, we used to have no plan b but now its seems plan a we dont use anymore. this could be purely injuries but we will have to wait and see, it was hard watching southampton dominate us and it was frustrating watching us sit off bournemouth at home.

AbouDiabyMilitia

More than happy to see us sitback if we have a nice lead. We defend well when sitting back (we concede most of our goals because of our high line) and look decent on the counter.

We're not defending as well as we did in the second half of 14-15, not sure why but we just look a lot more prone to mistakes as of late, particularly when playing possession football.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
This is nothing new at all! The wastefulness of our team over the last years is ridiculous. Özil would have had double numbers at least every season if hed had proper offensive players around him.
He did get tons of assists at Real while being a way inferior player at that time cause there were players in front of him that can finish. If we had a Suarez or Aguero or Lewandowski or Müller we would be 10 points ahead of second place. It is a shame really...

Agreed on that. We could've really won win a very high margin last night, improve GD and Mesut would break that record.
Theo can be so frustrating with too many missed chances.

AbouDiabyMilitia

Actually kind of awful that we only score 2. Bit worrying really.

Not at all. Be worried if we can't create chances.

Man U fans tried to delude themselves into thinking that their 1-0's this season were OK because they were defending well, but really we all knew it wasn't sustainable since they failed to show any signs of creativity game after game. Now theyir poor offensive form caught up to them.

Last night it was 2-0. On another day that's 5-0. We cool baby.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Not at all. Be worried if we can't create chances.

Man U fans tried to delude themselves into thinking that their 1-0's this season were OK because they were defending well, but really we all knew it wasn't sustainable since they failed to show any signs of creativity game after game. Now they're poor offensive form caught up to them.

Last night it was 2-0. On another day that's 5-0. We cool baby.

Ha, kind of. But a misfiring front line has the potential to cost us points in the near future. I'm a Walcott fan but he was pathetic in front of goal.

AbouDiabyMilitia

Ha, kind of. But a misfiring front line has the potential to cost us points in the near future. I'm a Walcott fan but he was pathetic in front of goal.

That was Walcott's worst game finishing wise all season and we probably won't see a more toothless performance from him for the rest of the competition. It was truly atrocious to see.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
The players had busted their guts against City and played a really tough cold game just two days before this one, I think the players deserve a pass on getting too much criticism since we won the game comfortably, tiredness plays a factor on peoples minds as well as their bodies so quality will drop in more ways than just work-rate.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The real worry would be not creating. Just as Özil was particularly great yesterday, Theo was particularly poor. On another day he'd have had a brace at least.

I wonder how long before Özil burns out... :(

Mastadon

Established Member
I thought Gibbs had a decent game. Obviously the opposition was crap but it was good to see him putting in a performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom