• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal myths

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Makingtrax...congratulations, you have invented the genre of the reverse troll..where you troll by dint of being obnoxiously positive
Come on . . . . a troll is someone who posts a deliberately provocative message to annoy people but what I'm doing is the equivalent of going on a supernatural website and daring to tell people there might be no such thing as ghosts. In a respectful way of course :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No, I see them trying hard and failing actually
Well there we have it. You see the team (and Wenger) as failing and I don't. I'm proud of a club that doesn't swap their manager every 5 minutes, that has spent 18 years qualifying for Europe without the money from an oligarch. The last 2 FA Cups were superb, and yes, we haven't won the title recently but we're always in the fight. It's become cool to bash Wenger as you can see on this thread . . . but I'm interested in the truth not clichés.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Well there we have it. You see the team (and Wenger) as failing and I don't. I'm proud of a club that doesn't swap their manager every 5 minutes, that has spent 18 years qualifying for Europe without the money from an oligarch. The last 2 FA Cups were superb, and yes, we haven't won the title recently but we're always in the fight. It's become cool to bash Wenger as you can see on this thread . . . but I'm interested in the truth not clichés.

Been reading your posts, what a breath of fresh knowledgeable air.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
**** OFF Arsène!!!

Gooner_Delhi

Myth : We don't need Flamini.

Yes, he should not be a starter, but boy do I love the fact that we have someone who can do a job in midfield, right back, center back if needed.

If we are winning a game with 20 mins left & you want to substitute a main player, he is the perfect 'expendable' character who you can just thrown in the match. (like a 'night watchman' in cricket)

He is just a 6/10 player in every position, but at times we have needed his versatility. Glad to have him as a squad player.

ChampagneFootball

Yes, he should not be a starter, but boy do I love the fact that we have someone who can do a job in midfield, right back, center back if needed.

If we are winning a game with 20 mins left & you want to substitute a main player, he is the perfect 'expendable' character who you can just thrown in the match. (like a 'night watchman' in cricket)

He is just a 6/10 player in every position, but at times we have needed his versatility. Glad to have him as a squad player.

Flamini at centre back? That sounds nightmarish.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that every team needs a versatile player that can cover multiple positions, but I think you're being woefully ambitious if you truly believe Flamini can do that to any kind of standard becoming of a team that wish to challenge for the Premier League title.

Godwin1

Very well-known

He's good to come on and take an injury for someone I suppose.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Totally agree, but Maybe you're thinking about FIFA 16 because his ratings probably average out better than that. In fact didn't he single handedly knock the spuds out of the Capital One Cup last September by scoring two goals when most papers gave him a 9/10. He may not be a title winner, but as a versatile squad player he doesn't deserve the stick he gets. Talking of which, well done Wrighty. 'Arsène thanks for the memories, we're just bell ends with a banner'.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So talking about german history to a roomful of jews in english constitutes having balls? I'm that puzzled by such a poor analogy, I can't physically laugh at your stupidity - so an emoticon/emoji will have to suffice :lol::lol::lol:
Sorry, only just seen this reply. So you don't think it takes balls to talk about your country's worst atrocity in the history of the world . . .ever . . . to a room full of the victim's families. All in a foreign language! My mate, you must have cajones the size of melons and need a wheelbarrow to get about. Respect to you!

Bearded Toaster

Equally angry as Furious
Personally, NO - I don't think it takes balls at all and I don't/didn't really see any point in mertersaker doing it in the first place. Not as if it was HIS fault what happened or any other german person alive today for that matter. The majority, if not ALL of the people who did those things are long gone/dead/no longer with us. So why keep pestering the nation whose past generations who did those things? It's not going to change anything, bring those people back or even change the past.

It's a bit like the liverpool fans keep going on about hillsborough. Yes it was a tragic event but the blame isn't totally with the police. If the liverpool fans hadn't rushed/forcing their way into the ground they MAYBE it wouldn't of happened? It's not the first time their fans have caused chaos by rushing the gates/climbing fences. They did it at Juventus in 1985 causing deaths AGAIN! Which resulted in english teams being banned from european competitions for a number of years.

Anyway, back to football..... wenger out, walcott is crap etc etc

Balance is key

The guy has played 23 ****ing games, also some very big ones - thats not just a backup - thats an actual rotation player and 2nd choice.

he would be a somewhat useful 4th choice dm/cm/rb if he was on lower wages.

The ambition of our club has finally started to rub off on our fans it seems. Every time we beat a championship or league 1 team the fanboys comes out in force to support Wenger and every single player - it will last until the next PL game where their quality gets exposed

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Personally, NO - I don't think it takes balls at all and I don't/didn't really see any point in mertersaker doing it in the first place.
Well . . he was invited. And also people want to keep talking about it -' lest we forget'. It's easy to make a small mistake in a foreign language and upset the audience over a very sensitive matter. All credit to him I say - we'll just agree to differ!
Anyway back to football - Wenger please stay ;)

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom