• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal myths

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we believe Wenger continually getting us into the top 4 to be a yard stick for a certain degree of success, then, by comparison to Leicester, we really have been downright lazy in our investment towards the squad.

It's not Flamini's quality that should be questioned, it the fact that we, for example, could have had a Kanté-quality player in Flamini's place for a measly amount of £5.6m if we chose to do so.

Spotting cheap players as good as Kante is not as easy as playing Championship Manager on your iPad. If it was easy all clubs would be doing it and Kante would not be such a surprise. What evidence do you have that Arsenal is any worse than other clubs at spotting future talent in second division teams? And what has it got to do with laziness?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Myth: We have leaders in each position.
Yeah, yeah, yeah .. . . . we've got no leaders, we're always bottling it, blah. blah.
Mertesacker was invited to give a talk to a Jewish audience in a Synagogue about recent German history and he did it in flawless English. Now that's balls!
Our players busted a gut against Sp**s and despite 10 men they put in a fantastic performance and almost clinched it at the end.
Souness started this 'no leaders' rubbish and everybody trots it out on a regular basis. Funny how you never hear it about Man U, Man C or Liverpool players when they lose. It's a cheap jibe with no substance. Our players deserve more respect!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd say Mertesacker and Arteta are definitely decent leaders. Coquelin is to an extent too, while you have the calmer head of Cech who leads from the very back.

Not sure if we have too many forwards who can be regarded as leaders, besides the work-rate Alexis and Welbeck put in I guess.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah, yeah, yeah .. . . . we've got no leaders, we're always bottling it, blah. blah.
Mertesacker was invited to give a talk to a Jewish audience in a Synagogue about recent German history and he did it in flawless English. Now that's balls!
Our players busted a gut against Sp**s and despite 10 men they put in a fantastic performance and almost clinched it at the end.
Souness started this 'no leaders' rubbish and everybody trots it out on a regular basis. Funny how you never hear it about Man U, Man C or Liverpool players when they lose. It's a cheap jibe with no substance. Our players deserve more respect!

It's like you don't ever watch our games. Seriously.

That you actually think people in here pluck negative cliches about Arsenal from the likes of Souness, and not from what they've actually seen with their own eyes these last ten years is nearly as insulting as it is bewildering.

This token defence you attempt to put up is beyond piss-weak.

It's like you're posts got lost in space in 2005 before magically appearing this week. I'm genuinely not sure if you're being serious.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'd say Mertesacker and Arteta are definitely decent leaders. Coquelin is to an extent too, while you have the calmer head of Cech who leads from the very back.

Not sure if we have too many forwards who can be regarded as leaders, besides the work-rate Alexis and Welbeck put in I guess.
Call them leaders if you like, but unless the side looks like it has a leader on the pitch when things aren't going well, then it doesn't have one.

We've seen what an Arsenal side with one TRUE leader looks like--never mind 4, 5 or 11--and it looks feck all like this one when the chips are down.

Lancelot

Established Member
Spotting cheap players as good as Kante is not as easy as playing Championship Manager on your iPad. If it was easy all clubs would be doing it and Kante would not be such a surprise. What evidence do you have that Arsenal is any worse than other clubs at spotting future talent in second division teams? And what has it got to do with laziness?
I didn't try to prove that we are worse than other clubs on that regard, though. No matter how good you are at spotting talent, there will always be the risk of not getting it right; it's the efforts through trials and errors that should really count. Besides, if we are as good as you think we are, then the probability of getting it right is even higher.

Wenger had gotten and will get my support even if he gets it wrong; for me, it's important to see him try. Not doing so is just lazy management.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
You'd think Arsène would be worrying about retaining the FA cup tonight and scheming to beat WBA or Watford considering we dont know who we will be playing this weekend since we needed to go to a reply vs Hull, but instead hes here on Arsenal-Mania posting nonsense under the SN @Makingtrax.

Get off A-M Arsène!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Eye-Roll-gif-6.gif

Balance is key

It's like saying who do want run your country Mandela or Donald Trump!

The sane people wouldnt choose either

We all know that you think Wenger is perfect - but the fact remains; He has let the fans down due to his ego, everyone knew that Almunia,Woj werent good enough for us - a better keeper could very likely all by him self have been enough for us not to have had 10 barren years.

He gets emotionally invested in players who really should be replaced one or two seasons earlier - he lets positions be filled by 4-5 average players - like our RW and CF spot is currently.

Old players on high wages - like Rosicky and Arteta should have been let go last year to make room for players who actually play - we sure could have used some quality rather than nice guys in the infirmary who, even when fit, arent good enough.

On top of his squad negligence - His tactics and man-management simply arent good enough for the kind of players we have - its widely known he doesnt direct his players, and a fair few of them sure as hell could use some talking to. Ox, Rasmey,Gibbs,Chambers,Paulista wont progress with him as manager - Theo might be a lost cause already.

Its easy to see that Campbell and Welbeck has had a different manager who actually told them what to do.

Last edited:

Bounce-Back-Ability

What! Mourinho inherited a squad that had not long before won the Champions League and the Europa League and were third in the table. He immediately fell out with Mata and Kevin de Bruyne ( 2 top players)who left. Eden Hazard, that later won him the league was already there when he arrived. Mourinho's meltdown was spectacular and he upset any number of people including players, referees, and even the team doctor.
As human being Wenger is in a totally different class to Mourinho. It's like saying who do want run your country Mandela or Donald Trump!
As i said, not a comparison on their personalities as i highlighted what a **** Mourinho is.

But as a manager, its not even a comparison between the two.

Similarities:
Ego oriented
Self obsessed
Cannot accept own errors

Differentiating factors:
One's a winner, the other is still obsessed with the above similarities

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
What! Mourinho inherited a squad that had not long before won the Champions League and the Europa League and were third in the table. He immediately fell out with Mata and Kevin de Bruyne ( 2 top players)who left. Eden Hazard, that later won him the league was already there when he arrived. Mourinho's meltdown was spectacular and he upset any number of people including players, referees, and even the team doctor.
As human being Wenger is in a totally different class to Mourinho. It's like saying who do want run your country Mandela or Donald Trump!

They do share a remarkable amount in common in terms of personality. Both Egotistical, self involved and slow if not utterly unwilling to accept criticism. Both stubborn in a it's my way or the highway character matrix, and both like to shift blame away from themselves. The difference is that Wenger is more humanly palatable the Mourinho, but Mourinho is more of an A-type personality that can not accept or fathom failure.

You can see why they hate each other. They are too much alike.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's like you don't ever watch our games. Seriously.

That you actually think people in here pluck negative cliches about Arsenal from the likes of Souness, and not from what they've actually seen with their own eyes these last ten years is nearly as insulting as it is bewildering.

This token defence you attempt to put up is beyond piss-weak.

It's like you're posts got lost in space in 2005 before magically appearing this week. I'm genuinely not sure if you're being serious.

Cliches work by appealing to the collective unconscious, but it doesn't necessarily make them true. I see our players trying hard and you see them bottling it. . . along with Paul Merson and Piers Morgan et al. What someone see depends on where they're standing, or in this case who they're standing with. What I'm trying to say is - if enough people tell you they're bottling it - you'll believe it the next time they lose. And so the myth continues.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I see our players trying hard and you see them bottling it. . . along with Paul Merson and Piers Morgan et al. .

No, I see them trying hard and failing actually. On the mental side, they seem to lack belief or, to coin a phrase to 'bottle it'--something Alexis and a few of our own players and even the manager ffs, have said in the past. 'Bottling it' doesn't mean you haven't tried ffs!

'Bottling it' is simply showing a lack of belief in certain situations, and please, please don't make me give you examples.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom