• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Real Madrid has €30M buy back clause according to SSN

Do they desperate to buy this guy back?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Still can't believe Real dashed him and kept jese
When morata left, both of them were more or less equally developed. Morata had teams interested in him so they let him go with a buyback clause. It wouldn't have made sense to hold on to two projects. Morata seems to have benefitted from the exposure, but Jese is also decent ifvgiven the opportunity..

eye4goal

Established Member
I worry it could take a while for Madrid to make up their mind on this one. They'll wait to try and get as much money as possible like they did with Higuain, Özil, Di Maria etc.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Desperate to get him for 25m sterling and sell him for 40m sterling. Easiest 15m they'll ever make.

They'll sell him to the highest bidder , they'd want more than 15 m profit which is still not a profit.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

They'll sell him to the highest bidder , they'd want more than 15 m profit which is still not a profit.
If you buy someone for 30m euro and sell for 50m euro that is surely profit? Also the 20m euro they got for him originally hasn't been factored in.

I do agree it will be the highest bidder if they do step in and buy him. And it will be easy money for them to do so. And the player who gets a double signing on fee.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
I can see it now...

Arsenal agree a fee with Real for Morata.

Meanwhile, Napoli sell Higuain to PSG for an obscene amount of money.

Real realise that Napoli are flush with cash and up the asking price.

Arsenal back down. Decide to try and trigger Jamie Vardy's release clause with a £25m and £1 bid.

Real sell Morata to Napoli, pissing off both Arsenal and Juve fans.

Leicester refuse to let Vardy go as they don't want to sell to a direct rival like Arsenal.

Arsenal buy Gotze on deadline day.

#HistoryRepeats

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I doubt Juve has paid Real the entire sum yet, if they sell him to us we would be able to pay much more money up front so they would generate a lot more cashflow than just the profit.

Think that's an attractive proposition for them, but at the moment it's all speculation really.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If you buy someone for 30m euro and sell for 50m euro that is surely profit? Also the 20m euro they got for him originally hasn't been factored in.

I do agree it will be the highest bidder if they do step in and buy him. And it will be easy money for them to do so. And the player who gets a double signing on fee.

Not really though mate for clubs , No one is going to pay upfront it would have to be a lot more to make it worthwhile . RM would be better flogging off one of their surplus players for 20 odd.

Vibra

Established Member
I can see it now...

Arsenal agree a fee with Real for Morata.

Meanwhile, Napoli sell Higuain to PSG for an obscene amount of money.

Real realise that Napoli are flush with cash and up the asking price.

Arsenal back down. Decide to try and trigger Jamie Vardy's release clause with a £25m and £1 bid.

Real sell Morata to Napoli, pissing off both Arsenal and Juve fans.

Leicester refuse to let Vardy go as they don't want to sell to a direct rival like Arsenal.

Arsenal buy Gotze on deadline day.

#HistoryRepeats

But we'd have Gotze. I don't see the problem

GDeep™

League is very weak
Franz Beckenbauer -

"It doesn't make much sense to play Gotze as a striker," Beckenbauer told Sky90.

"You are not doing the little guy any favours when you put him up front against three giant defenders. Gotze is nowhere to be seen any more when one of them coughs. It's simple as that.

"Bayern would be wasting his potential in this position. Of course, he could play there, but you don't get the best out of him in that position.

"I think he'd be at his best behind a striker. He is much more dangerous in that position."

How about we sign a proper striker, I don't want Gotze.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gotze at CF will never happen, even someone like Alexis has only had 1/2 games there. Took Walcott 8/9 years to finally be given the opportunity.

Perfect for our LW/RW though.

From a legal background myself, this whole Madrid to buy morata and sell him on instantly makes very little sense to me. The buy back clause is only relevant if the player himself is willing to move and sign a contract. For Real Madrid to sign him and sell him. He would have to agree a contract with Real Madrid. And then as a completely separate event be sold on and agree a new contract with a different club. I don't neccessarily see why he would agree to go through Real Madrid when he can just be sold directly. Unless real give him a cut of the transfer profit. But then we start to get into very murky waters legally. I don't feel like any journalist seems to know what the actual process would be if Real Madrid were to activate their clause.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

From a legal background myself, this whole Madrid to buy morata and sell him on instantly makes very little sense to me. The buy back clause is only relevant if the player himself is willing to move and sign a contract. For Real Madrid to sign him and sell him. He would have to agree a contract with Real Madrid. And then as a completely separate event be sold on and agree a new contract with a different club. I don't neccessarily see why he would agree to go through Real Madrid when he can just be sold directly. Unless real give him a cut of the transfer profit. But then we start to get into very murky waters legally. I don't feel like any journalist seems to know what the actual process would be if Real Madrid were to activate their clause.

Agree , even if this farfetched scenario is true , it would take all summer to sort .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom