• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
you know what I cannot take? 0 standout performances.

are you talking about the olympiakos match in which OG scored a hattrick?

How can you prefer to play a complete footballing troll like walcott, who often can't control a ball, play a simple pass or even understand where he has to run to instead of a player like campbell!
If you bring in a Mahrez - fine by me, bench Campbell, but as long as we do not have a quality right winger i want the one on the field that is actually a footballer.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You have no clue about skills, possession, build up play, passing etc. This player CLEARLY has more to offer, defensively AND offensively, to our 'unique' wenger-style football (which seems to be mostly ad-lib anyway) than ramsey, ox & theo. You are mental to enjoy the on-balance brainless antics of those 3.
Go you.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How can you prefer to play a complete footballing troll like walcott, who often can't control a ball, play a simple pass or even understand where he has to run to instead of a player like campbell!
If you bring in a Mahrez - fine by me, bench Campbell, but as long as we do not have a quality right winger i want the one on the field that is actually a footballer.
Walcott as a WF intimidates opponents because of:

1. Pace
2. Movement
3. Finishing

As a Striker or Shadow Striker, he might be better, as @Penn_ said, but I much prefer Walcott as a WF.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Why Wenger didn't just sell him after the World Cup makes no sense to me. He clearly doesn't rate him & now his sell on fee has probably dropped..

skip spence

I don't understand why we've never given him a shot at CF, more suited there than WF, in the PL at least.
Maybe. But is he prolific enough?

Giroud, for all the stick he gets, at least nets roughly a goal every other game. Welbeck has (I think) a similar or a bit lower goal return at CF. Walcott gets you goals too, if nothing else.

But would Joelito be prolific at CF? I don't think so. The odd goal here and there but not enough I reckon. Alexis, a far superior player with a similar playing style, has also struggled at CF for us.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I don't understand why we've never given him a shot at CF, more suited there than WF, in the PL at least.
I don't feel like that's true. He isn't super pacy, doesn't run between the lines, and his best attributes are his passing and defensive workrate. He can finish, but it's not at a prolific striker's level.

If anything, he could make a decent CAM. But he's good where he is at, which is on the wing. It envelops his strengths better than if he's purely up front.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Joel Campbell reminds me of Podolski - good left foot but never takes up good enough shooting positions often enough. That's where he struggles as a #9 so it's difficult to tell whether there is any true goalscoring potential. Maybe in a 2-man strike force.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I don't feel like that's true. He isn't super pacy, doesn't run between the lines, and his best attributes are his passing and defensive workrate. He can finish, but it's not at a prolific striker's level.

If anything, he could make a decent CAM. But he's good where he is at, which is on the wing. It envelops his strengths better than if he's purely up front.
the guy on your avatar looks 3 times the player campbell is.

alboots101

Established Member
Even if he is average that puts him on the same level as seven or eight of the starting eleven. I'd love to see the guy get a decent run in the side but that's clearly never gonna happen.

SELL SELL SELL and line those pockets.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's a very handy squad player who's seemingly content in that role.

I can't fathom this thirst to see him sold. I don't ever recall such a clamour to get rid of a squad player with qualities he possesses, who cost nothing, and is no burden on the wage bill, yet bog standard average, magnolia midfielders like El-Nowt, are supposed to be nailed down starters every week... Such a mind fvck :lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

I can't fathom this thirst to see him sold. I don't ever recall such a clamour to get rid of a squad player with qualities he possesses, who cost nothing, and is no burden on the wage bill, yet bog standard average, magnolia midfielders like El-Nowt, are supposed to be nailed down starters every week... Such a mind fvck :lol:

A lot of people probably think that a player might be taking up a squad spot, and selling would force Wenger to buy. It's a somewhat fair assumption with Wenger, given how much time and patience he shows with lackluster players like Denilson, Gibbs, Giroud, Bendtner, Almunia etc.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
A lot of people probably think that a player might be taking up a squad spot, and selling would force Wenger to buy. It's a somewhat fair assumption with Wenger, given how much time and patience he shows with lackluster players like Denilson, Gibbs, Giroud, Bendtner, Almunia etc.

I don't see the same people calling for Gibbs to be sold pronto, or the Gibbs thread being bumped every time a window opens. Or Gabriel. Per, our calamitous first choice CB, even flies under the radar. But some guy who cost a million, and had done well far more times than not, has to be sold yesterday. Perspective.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I don't see the same people calling for Gibbs to be sold pronto, or the Gibbs thread being bumped every time a window opens. Or Gabriel. Per, our calamitous first choice CB, even flies under the radar. But some guy who cost a million, and had done well far more times than not, has to be sold yesterday. Perspective.

Fair point. Maybe it's the FM mentality then: Sell every player worse than your starters over 23 and fill your bench with 18-year-old prospects :lol:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

He doesn't even make the match day squad. If Monreal goes down Gibbs is next in line. Wenger in barely any circumstances fancies Campbell .. so what really is the point in keeping him? He's not a bad squad option but if we only see him once every 3 months then I don't really see the point
(He's the least of our worries though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom