• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If our attack wasn't so blunt Campbell would be an excellent squad option. But him, Özil and Giroud as 3 of the front 4 really doesn't scream goal threat.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If our attack wasn't so blunt Campbell would be an excellent squad option. But him, Özil and Giroud as 3 of the front 4 really doesn't scream goal threat.
We create a lot of chances but they are spread out over the team - we don't really have a forward who gets into positions to take a high volume of shots. Alexis is the closest we come to that.

Campbell is better where he is on the wing IMO. We need a forward with at least a higher shot volume. Campbell IMO would be even better for us if he shot more because he's a decent finisher.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Now that Ox is about to have this season of his life Joel has become redundant, that's without taking into account Iwobi and of course Walcott always being there.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Joelito going to Sporting according to sources. Most predictable transfer of the window, Wenger doesn't rate him.

I hope he absolutely smashes it. He's 2x the player of Welbeck.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We're basically swapping Joel for Gnabry though and with the way Gnabry's performed at the Olympics and the fact he has a much higher ceiling makes it a fair swap for me.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We're basically swapping Joel for Gnabry though and with the way Gnabry's performed at the Olympics and the fact he has a much higher ceiling makes it a fair swap for me.
I like Gnabry, always have, but if we're talking about who the safer bet was to make a positive impression on our season from the bench, then there's only one winner. I'd back Gnabry in the long term, but capabilities right now? Joel by some distance. He's proven that.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm convinced Campbell's lack of appearances is partially related to off-the-pitch activities. Something has definitely happened that we don't know about, it's possible they don't see eye-to-eye. Say what you want about his quality, there were times where he was indisputably better than the players fielded. His bust-up with the Guadalajara player surely didn't help his case either, I doubt Wenger liked that at all.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I would've kept him. I guess we're relying on Ox, Iwobi and Walcott to cover the right now ...

Xhaka Zulu

I like Gnabry, always have, but if we're talking about who the safer bet was to make a positive impression on our season from the bench, then there's only one winner. I'd back Gnabry in the long term, but capabilities right now? Joel by some distance. He's proven that.

Wenger might need to give Gnaby some game time in order to convince him to sign a new deal, the same way he did with Akpom at the time.

Last edited:

progman07

Established Member
Campbell has been a lot better on the pitch than his treatment indicates. Very good touches on the ball, good vision, potential goalscorer, VERY hard work. Another manager would play him all the time for his defensive shift alone, but of course at Arsenal that is the waste of energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom