• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird that we didn't find a better loan for him. Probably because most team that could have used him had already fill their positions.

Feels like his whole Arsenal career has been mismanaged by Wenger.

Kanonier

Weird that we didn't find a better loan for him. Probably because most team that could have used him had already fill their positions.

Feels like his whole Arsenal career has been mismanaged by Wenger.

He wanted to go to Sporting Lisbon as Jorge Jesus has been a huge admirer of him since he was Benfica's manager thus is guaranteed first team football and also because Bryan Ruiz, who is also from Costa Rica, is the captain at Sporting Lisbon. I think it is a good career move for him as he will get more playing time and the opportunity to play in the CL again and perhaps prove himself for another club to sign him. Plus the added bonus of the warmer climate and proximity to Spain where several Costa Rican internationals play.

Last edited:

Kanonier

This is ridiculous. Wenger has had no problem benching Gibbs, Chambers, Chamberlain and Walcott in the past, it's got **** all to do with nationality.

How many years has Wenger had patience with Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain and Walcott despite their injuries and inconsistently and **** performances? He only shows that patience to a select few and so it happens they are typically the English lads.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How many years has Wenger had patience with Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain and Walcott despite their injuries, inconsistencies and **** play? He only shows that patience to a select few and sobit happens they are typically the English lads.
-Gibbs only had 12/13 as nailed on first choice, split time with Monreal the following seasons
-Ramsey was in and out of the team after his leg break, only been a regular fixture in the team since February 2013
-Even when Wilshere has been fit he hasn't always been in the team
-The most games Chamberlain has started in a row is 4
-Walcott had good end product from 2010-2014 when he got a run, don't rewrite history because he's struggling now

Campbell hasn't shown enough on loan to warrant that kind of patience. The club have a lot more invested in those players listed so it's obvious itwould take something special for Campbell to become a regular here. He should go to La Liga and make a decent career for himself because he has something.

Kanonier

-Gibbs only had 12/13 as nailed on first choice, split time with Monreal the following seasons
-Ramsey was in and out of the team after his leg break, only been a regular fixture in the team since February 2013
-Even when Wilshere has been fit he hasn't always been in the team
-The most games Chamberlain has started in a row is 4
-Walcott had good end product from 2010-2014 when he got a run, don't rewrite history because he's struggling now

Campbell hasn't shown enough on loan to warrant that kind of patience. The club have a lot more invested in those players listed so it's obvious itwould take something special for Campbell to become a regular here.

That's 4-6 years wasted on **** players waiting to perform. Exactly the kind of mistakes made over and over by Wenger. If he had been as ruthless and impatient with them as with Campbell, we would be better off. Instead we have Walcott on £140K per week and plays like ****!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
How many years has Wenger had patience with Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain and Walcott despite their injuries and inconsistently and **** performances? He only shows that patience to a select few and so it happens they are typically the English lads.
Gibbs, as much as most of us think is sh1t, was an England international. He should have been sold by now, but he's backup.

Ramsey is just a very good player.

Wilshere is also a very good player.

Chamberlain is very talented, young and worth persevering with.

Walcott could do with a move, but he's proven to be quite valuable over the years.

It's not because they're English/British. It's because they've either proven to be valuable, or can still develop into something.

We hung on to Bendtner, Denilson etc etc as well. Has he got a thing for Danes and Brazilians too? Whether you think hanging onto those british players is right or wrong, it's not because they're british. A worst, it's because it's what Wenger does with a lot of players.

EDIT: Bollocks, @American_Gooner did a better job., apart from that lamentable last ****ing paragraph.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If he had been as ruthless and impatient with them as with Campbell, we would be better off.
Obviously if you pay the kind of money Wenger did for Ramsey, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain, you're going to do everything you can and give them chances so you can get a return on that investment. They haven't **** for 4-6 years either.

dillonh

really quite sad, he was well liked and produced pretty much every time he got a chance and he's been shafted again by the nutty professor who I guess played him in every pre-season game for the banter. Could actually see his disdain for walcott in pre-season, could not hide his frustration at times playing alongside wally. Hope he gets a permanent move elsewhere for his sake

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We are terrible at making business IMO.

If you don't rate Joel then sell him ffs.
don't tell me there's not an english club like West Brom/Sunderland/Swansea/whatever who can pay £10M for Campbell.

Same with Chesney. We're just losing time.

Meanwhile Liverpool has sold Benteke for £30M pound after he failed terribly.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
We are terrible at making business IMO.

If you don't rate Joel then sell him ffs.
don't tell me there's not an english club like West Brom/Sunderland/Swansea/whatever who can pay £10M for Campbell.

Same with Chesney. We're just losing time.

Meanwhile Liverpool has sold Benteke for £30M pound after he failed terribly.

Said it before and will keep saying it -- Gazidis is a bigger problem than Wenger.

alboots101

Established Member
I'm very disappointed that we've had to loan out this geezer, I like him and believe he's better than Walcott, still what's my opinion worth, what's any Arsenal fans opinion worth, he's just not listening to anyone.

Good luck Joel.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
We did him dirty. This can only be justified if another forward's coming in, otherwise what's the point? We'll play 50 games this season, it's better to have him, than not have him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Our treatment of this player is absolutely disgusting. Wenger should be ashamed. How we still have a useless player like Theo here and Joel goes on loan is beyond me. Sackable offense in my book. Joel is never going to be a world beater but he is currently miles ahead of Theo.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Unbelievable how big of a deal this is to some people:lol:

Completely average player loaned out. Something we've done for years without people even noticing. If he is as talented as some here suggest he will tear the Portuguese league apart and we'll get three times the price for him after the loan than we'd get right now.

Also, no need to feel sorry for the guy. He makes millions for playing football, a sport he presumably loves. And due to the loan spell, he'll get to play it more than he would here.

Anyway, nothing against the guy. I wish him well at Sporting. Talented player for sure, but not nearly as talented as required to make a difference at a club like Arsenal. Hopefully his squad spot is going to be filled with a better player

YaGunnersYa

^If he isnt good enough to make a difference at Arsenal...then why did he make a difference almost everytime he played last season?

Fickle fans.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not particularly bothered about him going, he had some decent moments with his passing but no real place in our formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom