• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Campbell: Got Out While He Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
^If he isnt good enough to make a difference at Arsenal...then why did he make a difference almost everytime he played last season?

Fickle fans.

That is Donald Trump level BS. But obviously there is no point in arguing on our personal views on how he played because we live in different worlds apparently, so I'll use stats from the real, non-biased, world:

Games Minutes Goals Assists Pass % WhoScored AVG rating
19------888------3---------2--------78.7----------------6.72------------

Those are the stats of an average PL level wide player. No more, no less. Doesn't scream a difference maker to me. These stats alos support what I witnessed last season: I didn't see anything special. Tons of similar players in the PL.

But anyway, like I said earlier, he'll tear up Portuguese league apart if the talent level you suggest is there. Then we'll have no problem. He'll walk into our starting XI next season or we'll sell him for £25m - £30m easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

dynasty

Unbelievable how big of a deal this is to some people:lol:

Completely average player loaned out. Something we've done for years without people even noticing. If he is as talented as some here suggest he will tear the Portuguese league apart and we'll get three times the price for him after the loan than we'd get right now.

Also, no need to feel sorry for the guy. He makes millions for playing football, a sport he presumably loves. And due to the loan spell, he'll get to play it more than he would here.

Anyway, nothing against the guy. I wish him well at Sporting. Talented player for sure, but not nearly as talented as required to make a difference at a club like Arsenal. Hopefully his squad spot is going to be filled with a better player

Have you not gotten the memo..Just get mad at everything Arsène or arsenal does and remember everything else that other teams do is the way we should be doing things.

I mean the audacity of wenger wearing a suit last Saturday. it was hot goddamnit.. wenger out.. booo!!

dynasty

That is Donald Trump level BS. But obviously there is no point in arguing on our personal views on how he played because we live in different worlds apparently, so I'll use stats from the real, non-biased, world:

Games Minutes Goals Assists Pass % WhoScored AVG rating
19 888 3 2 78.7 6.72

Those are the stats of an average PL level wide player. No more, no less. Doesn't scream a difference maker to me. These stats alos suåpport what I witnessed last season: I didn't see anything special. Tons of similar players in the PL.

But anyway, like I said earlier, he'll tear up Portuguese league apart if the talent level you suggest is there. Then we'll have no problem. He'll walk into our starting XI next season or we'll sell him for £25m - £30m easy.

No.. he was on the level of sanchez that's why everybody here wanted to keep him and considered him indespensible at the end of the season do you not remember that and people were complaining why he wasn't starting every game? Oh wait..

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
That's 4-6 years wasted on **** players waiting to perform. Exactly the kind of mistakes made over and over by Wenger. If he had been as ruthless and impatient with them as with Campbell, we would be better off. Instead we have Walcott on £140K per week and plays like ****!
campbell is not good enough, get over it.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
We did him dirty. This can only be justified if another forward's coming in, otherwise what's the point? We'll play 50 games this season, it's better to have him, than not have him.
he probably wants regular football, we cant offer him that.
he has to be thankfull, he played many many games last season considering how average he is

Reactions: A_G

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
he probably wants regular football, we cant offer him that.
he has to be thankfull, he played many many games last season considering how average he is
He doesn't need to be thankful for anything. He started in Costa Rica and was loaned to France, Spain and Greece. He worked incredibly hard to get here and almost certainly deserved more of a chance. It's Walcott and Oxlade that should be thankful that they play so many games despite being so average.

pikey2000

It really is a strange decision to loan him when you consider Wenger bangs on about sale on value being one of the 4 key factors when signing a player - and then proceeds to loan players out until their contract runs down and they leave on a free, seems that will happen with Campbell, Sczensey, Jenkinson, Sanogo - just sale them all and re-invest!

Then you have the likes of Chambers who we appear to be wasting 3 years of his career and taking him backwards as a player, his stock is falling every season, ffs get rid let the lad get his career back on track and make some bloody money.

skip spence

It really is a strange decision to loan him when you consider Wenger bangs on about sale on value being one of the 4 key factors when signing a player - and then proceeds to loan players out until their contract runs down and they leave on a free, seems that will happen with Campbell, Sczensey, Jenkinson, Sanogo - just sale them all and re-invest!

Then you have the likes of Chambers who we appear to be wasting 3 years of his career and taking him backwards as a player, his stock is falling every season, ffs get rid let the lad get his career back on track and make some bloody money.
The only reason I can think of that he isn't sold is that no-one is willing to pay the asking price. Many fans here seem to rate him but maybe not as many top tier managers? Wenger and his staff must be hoping that he'll have a good season at Sporting to put him in demand. Seem unlikely that a season in Portugal will turn him into an untouchable here at Arsenal however successful if may be.

Aevi

Hale End FC
that is Gnabry I am not mistaken? I am skeptical about youth project but I don't think there's any choice
I bet its going to be Ramsey as winger tho
Yes, it is.

Ramsey will likely be higher up in the pecking order (though Wenger's latest comments on him being better in the middle leave me skeptical?), so Gnabry won't be a starter anytime soon. Like Iwobi, he'll need to take whatever chance he's given really strongly, and we'll see what happens from there.

pikey2000

The only reason I can think of that he isn't sold is that no-one is willing to pay the asking price. Many fans here seem to rate him but maybe not as many top tier managers? Wenger and his staff must be hoping that he'll have a good season at Sporting to put him in demand. Seem unlikely that a season in Portugal will turn him into an untouchable here at Arsenal however successful if may be.

I just can't believe that if we made it common knowledge he was available for transfer the likes of Sunderland, Palace, Watford, Swansea, Southampton wouldn't stump up £10m for him, with the money being splashed about in this window I can't see how hard it would be to offload him permanently.

Bournemouth signed Jordan Ibe from Liverpool for 15m who has shown brief glimpses of promise in amongst being injured, Nathan Redmond 11m to Southampton, Andros Townsend 13m.....all similar levels of talent.

Wrighty was right for once, we need to stop stock piling players, be a bit more ruthless and cut players loose and move on.

I like Campbell more than Theo and the Ox personally but if you decide the guy isnt playing then ffs get him sold

Kanonier

He had been linked early in the window with Valencia, Villareal, Sporting and AC Milan but Arsenal is asking £10-15M for him and Wenger said Joel was going to be part of Arsenal this season. Considering he was bought for £750K and he is clearly not valued at Arsenal by Wenger and the fans, they should just sell him for £7.5 M and get a nice profit to reinvest in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom