• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Serge Gnabry (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Another issue for Gnabry is that he was just omitted from the German national team after performing better than all of the other youngsters (some of which did make the cut) just two weeks or so ago at the Olympics. That, just because they are regulars for their teams and he isn't. It must have hurt a bit.

ajay_rajan80

Believes everything he reads on Twitter
His hair doesn't look different here.This is from his instagram.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-30-21-56-38.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-30-21-56-38.png
    607.4 KB · Views: 38

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Look at his right ear ffs, clearly fake. Ajay living up to that custom title though.

WhatAFC

I can't point you to any major moments, he just hasn't gotten there yet. He performed well in general when he came onto the scene for the first team two years ago, late last season for the U-21s upon his return from injury and lack of fitness, and in the Olympics just now. You watch him, and you can see that not only is he athletically good (pace, strength, etc.), he's capable of utilizing it with good decisions, ball-play, and finishing.

If you haven't watched him, just the massive interest from clubs at the moment should give you a clue. Schalke saying everyone bar the very, very top wanting to sign him is good praise. It's not outrageous by any means to think Gnabry could turn out to be some player in the future.
I've only seen him a dozen times but when I have he reminds me of ox, in that I imagine he was physically leaps and bounds above his age group coming through the ranks. Might have more Composure but is less explosive.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Another issue for Gnabry is that he was just omitted from the German national team after performing better than all of the other youngsters (some of which did make the cut) just two weeks or so ago at the Olympics. That, just because they are regulars for their teams and he isn't. It must have hurt a bit.

Do the others that made the NT cut have a club that will get them regular gametime already? Gnabry does not.

Likely Low talked to Serge and said "I rate you highly but you need to play week in week out and you're good enough to start at many other places. You're not getting opportunities at Arsenal. Go find a club that will give you gametime. You're part of my plans...you're part of the German NT's future. They will be many other opportunities for caps in the future once you get regular game time."

Even more likely Low said:
"Wenger plays those mugs Walcott or Ox ahead of you and he loaned you to Tony Pulis so I think you're a bit **** if you cant beat them out."

Aevi

Hale End FC
Do the others that made the NT cut have a club that will get them regular gametime already? Gnabry does not.

Likely Low talked to Serge and said "I rate you highly but you need to play week in week out and you're good enough to start at many other places. You're not getting opportunities at Arsenal. Go find a club that will give you gametime. You're part of my plans...you're part of the German NT's future. They will be many other opportunities for caps in the future once you get regular game time."

Even more likely Low said:
"Wenger plays those mugs Walcott or Ox ahead of you and he loaned you to Tony Pulis so I think you're a bit **** if you cant beat them out."
That's my point mate :lol:

One of the factors that probably got Gnabry to edge in favor of a move is likely the national team snub, because his limited playing time just isn't doing him any favors there. Wenger needs to show intent of giving him some after the loan, or else he'll want out.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I've only seen him a dozen times but when I have he reminds me of ox, in that I imagine he was physically leaps and bounds above his age group coming through the ranks. Might have more Composure but is less explosive.
Ox's biggest issue is his decision-making, which Gnabry is fine with. The latter has shown to be a better finisher too, though he probably needs to be tested more consistently at a higher level to determine that for sure.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Sending him to West Brom when he clearly wasn't match fit, or the club didn't suit his style was a very bad call. It delayed his development for several months, during a period where we had so many injuries he actually could have broken through fairly easily.
Did he not ask for that move, or at least to a PL club? Some journalists close to West Brom suggested he had a poor attitude as well, as if he felt he was above their club.

I was one of the people who thought it was a bad move and wanted him to join a midtable club in the Bundesliga, but was told he'd learn the defensive side of the game from Pulis.

Axel_Gunner

mate just translate it for the people here that cant speak german... (the most...)

The tweet says that the reporter (looks reliable) has talked to Gnabrys father who said that he doesnt know anything about Bayern-interest and he did not talk about Gnabry to Bayern to any other reporter.

In addition there is a kicker-article:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...l_baumanns-coup_wir-wollen-gnabry-kaufen.html

It says that Werder Bremen (without "help" of Bayern / transfer to Bayern with loan to Bremen) wants to buy Gnabry for 5m € , that Gnabry already agreed the contract and Bremen basically also agreed terms with Arsenal.

scytheavatar

Established Member
It seems to me like Gnabry thinks he won't be getting past the many other competitors, possibly unjustly, and there needs to be a light at the end of this tunnel.

Nothing unjust, Gnabry had his chances and showed flashes of brilliance but also looked raw as hell and nowhere close to the level where he is ready. Now he is behind Iwobi in the pecking order and Iwobi showed the kind of composure and maturity that Gnabry didn't show. Soon Willock probably will leapfrog over Gnabry in the pecking order too, and I can't see a future for Gnabry in our team in the near future.

Ox's biggest issue is his decision-making, which Gnabry is fine with. The latter has shown to be a better finisher too, though he probably needs to be tested more consistently at a higher level to determine that for sure.

How the hell has Gnabry showed to be a better finisher than Chamberlain when he has only scored 1 goal for us in the first team? His performances for the U-21 means nothing, Gnabry was a God and too good for the U-21 level but so too was Akpom........ people have a short memory and are vastly overestimating how good Gnabry was in his few games for the first team. His decision making is not better than Chamberlain and there's more Chamberlain has in common with Gnabry that people do not want to admit.

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Did he not ask for that move, or at least to a PL club?
Not sure.
Some journalists close to West Brom suggested he had a poor attitude as well, as if he felt he was above their club.
Pulis came out and said the reason Gnabry didn't get more gametime was because he got a small injury again, and at that point Pulis had to move on from him. Not worth it to work on getting his match fitness up again if he was just a loaned player. He didn't really fit his "workhorse" style anyways. The attitude thing was thought to be speculation after a while.

Reactions: A_G

Axel_Gunner

A permanent move to Bremen would be ****. Bremen is a **** Bundesliga club with a **** trainer. Skripnik is not capable to promote a young talent. Also it would be better for Gnabry to stay with us and go out on a loan to Bremen then go there on a permanent move. Why leave?!

Aevi

Hale End FC

Yeah, you better apologise Ornstein, if that really is your name. :mad:
Yeah, it's over. Hopefully we get a buy-back clause in to make it a bit like a loan, but I'm getting a strong feel that this is the end of Gnabry at this club.

gunnergoa

for the first time we have had real talent and e screwed it up no wonder we are going to loose him he has to face competition from the like's of Walcott and the OX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom